3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#91 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

What's the word on resale of classic 3DS systems? Still got my $250 launch unit and I'd like to upgrade for cheap if at all possible. The colors on the XL are horrid but I still think the upgrade would be worthy.
Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Halo 4 (360)

Recently finished:
Pokemon Black 2 (DS) - 4.5/5

#92 bk187

bk187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

What's the word on resale of classic 3DS systems? Still got my $250 launch unit and I'd like to upgrade for cheap if at all possible. The colors on the XL are horrid but I still think the upgrade would be worthy.

Classic 3DSs have been trading in to Amazon for around $100.

#93 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

stickers and/or an opaque case/cover...

i really dont know why they haven't released a black/black or their slate one in the US yet. most of our electronics are that color. they must have a surplus of nintendo blue and red at some factory they're trying to get rid of.

i like the pink and white more but considering this is the 1st major 3DS XL deal, there should be more to come...esp w/the momentum of Wii U. I may still hold out for a more desirable color scheme.

#94 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

They should have adjusted the return value of the item you purchased to offset the value of the "free" gift card. You should be able to see this on your receipt.

Thanks. The receipt shows the full price of the 3DS but lists -30 and -11 to cancel out the gift card and stylus that rang up. This leads me to believe the full price of the system would be refunded since the full price of the 3DS is reflected on the receipt?

Though I'm sure TRU has some kind of protection or policy to deal with the gift card and free stylus. I just can't find the policy that addresses this. Ah well, if anything, I'll find out in store on Sunday unless anyone here has gone through this and could share?

#95 chess227

chess227

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Toys R Us will only refund you 169.99 and you have to return the system and the stylus. On your receipt under the listing for 3DS XL Blue Holiday, it should say something like REFUND PRICE 169.99. They will refund that amount and you are stuck with the gift card.

Thanks. The receipt shows the full price of the 3DS but lists -30 and -11 to cancel out the gift card and stylus that rang up. This leads me to believe the full price of the system would be refunded since the full price of the 3DS is reflected on the receipt?

Though I'm sure TRU has some kind of protection or policy to deal with the gift card and free stylus. I just can't find the policy that addresses this. Ah well, if anything, I'll find out in store on Sunday unless anyone here has gone through this and could share?

#96 SaintTardamus

SaintTardamus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think this is not going to be just best buy. I get the feeling this is a price drop across the board, and so far only BB is available for next week. If you look at the Gamestop Ad, for example....they don't list the price of the pink 3ds xl. It's on their website as 199, but the actual ad is...i think...intentionally vague.

#97 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'd rather pay the $160, have a choice of colors and have a real copy of Mario Kart 7 than be the downloadable bundle it comes with. So this works out.

Yep, Nintendo sucks with the online stuff. They have their stuff tie to the system, not user account. If your system is lost or stolen or just broken, all your digital games go with it.

#98 Skitals

Skitals

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yep, Nintendo sucks with the online stuff. They have their stuff tie to the system, not user account. If your system is lost or stolen or just broken, all your digital games go with it.

I see this repeated a lot, but has anyone actually tried to get nintendo to transfer your content from a broken/stolen 3ds? I imagine they could/would in these circumstances.

I got the MK7 bundle at Toys R Us with $30 GC. I LOVE the convenience of the digital download games, no cartidge swapping. I even bought Super Mario 3D Land on the eshop. I just love the convenience, and I haven't traded in or sold a used video game since my SNES days. I don't see what the fuss is about. If you are planning on getting MK7 anyway, the Toys R Us bundle is much better deal IMO.

#99 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I have a 3ds and not sure on the XL because I have a feeling they are gonna have like an XL lite

#100 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have a 3ds and not sure on the XL because I have a feeling they are gonna have like an XL lite

Really? That would be a new step as far as their revisions go. I could see maybe more battery efficient, maybe a brighter screen, but that's a long way off, I would imagine.

#101 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I just paid 175 for mine last week lol. Like the great Arnold Rothstein recently said, "A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in."
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#102 Brandon Heat

Brandon Heat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Have had my 3DS since launch and I'm contemplating on upgrading to the XL. For this price, it would be worth the upgrade since I have some credit at Best Buy. :D

PSN: BrandonHeat321

Nintendo 3DS FC: 4382-1998-1179

Steam: BrandonHeat321

#103 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I wonder if I buy the Mario Kart 7 XL at TRU this week with $30 gift card if I'll be able to price match the $159.99 price on Sunday?

Anyone have experience with doing something like this?

#104 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

So...will my local Target PM this? Because $159.99 + 5% off makes this all the more tempting.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#105 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Good deal but I'm still not in until they make a 3d pokemon game or a pokemon special edition available in AMERICA

#106 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

I just paid 175 for mine last week lol. Like the great Arnold Rothstein recently said, "A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in."

50 bucks seems kinda low for trade in. I'm one of the suckers who about the thing at 250 this makes owning a 3DS pretty expensive.

Anyone know what best trade in prices on original 3DS are? Best Buy isn't doing 100% on systems are they?

#107 SaintTardamus

SaintTardamus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Amazon is almost a $100 trade in on an original 3ds in mint condition. Depends on color.

#108 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Really? That would be a new step as far as their revisions go. I could see maybe more battery efficient, maybe a brighter screen, but that's a long way off, I would imagine.

It would certainly be more appealing with a lighter form factor. My concern would be durability because it still sell mostly to kids.

#109 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Amazon is almost a $100 trade in on an original 3ds in mint condition. Depends on color.

Is that credit only or cash? Haven't traded with them in a while.

#110 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

50 bucks seems kinda low for trade in. I'm one of the suckers who about the thing at 250 this makes owning a 3DS pretty expensive.

Anyone know what best trade in prices on original 3DS are? Best Buy isn't doing 100% on systems are they?

Amazon has ~95 on the Blue/REd ones, and ~85 for the black ones.

#111 iCephalopod

iCephalopod

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

The Best Buy in-store pickup deal is back from 12/5/12 - 12/8/12. Spend $250 or more and 4-7 days after in-store pickup you'll receive a $25 gift card code via email. Credit to FW.

Buy the 3DS and $50.01 more this week, PM next week.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat288300050007

#112 MoltenMan

MoltenMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm trying to find the trade-in value for just a plan black DS Lite is at Best Buy. I've used the trade-in tool and I can't seem to find that ONE DS. Anybody have any idea how much it might be?

#113 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Do we have a insider at Best Buy that say, yes PM will work. Keep seeing Mario pack isn't apart of this deal. Not sure what to believe. ಠ_ಠ
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#114 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Dang it, I just bought the MK7 deal from TRU. I got a $42 GC (it was supposed to be $30, I don't know how it ended up being $42), the stylus and a game I always wanted. What's so bad about owning MK7 digitally? If I lose my system do I lose the game forever?

system + $40 game + $42 GC + stylus (small value, not that big a deal) = $200
vs.
system = $160 + $40 game = $200

How is this a better deal, considering someone who actually wants to own Mario Kart 7? Is there something else I'm not considering here, outside of the lower initial investment?

Edit: Also I'd be stuck with the TRU gift card, and I'd get back a smaller refund than what I paid? That's also kind of a pain, not sure if it's worth all that hassle. Even though I could earn a lot of bonus Best Buy points with my rewards card...

#115 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

I want one of these for Fire Emblem so bad.

#116 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

I wonder if I buy the Mario Kart 7 XL at TRU this week with $30 gift card if I'll be able to price match the $159.99 price on Sunday?

Anyone have experience with doing something like this?

According to their price match FAQ, they price match within 7 days of purchase:

http://www.toysrus.c...goryId=11949070

Only issue is they might not honor it since the MK7 bundle isn't technically part of the BB sale. MSRPs are all the same though so you might get lucky and find an employee who will do it for you.

I still have my spend $10/get $20 groupon to Toys R Us from last week that would make a price match awesome even on a standard XL, since it would effectively cost $150 out of pocket.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#117 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

According to their price match FAQ, they price match within 7 days of purchase:

http://www.toysrus.c...goryId=11949070

Only issue is they might not honor it since the MK7 bundle isn't technically part of the BB sale. MSRPs are all the same though so you might get lucky and find an employee who will do it for you.

I still have my spend $10/get $20 groupon to Toys R Us from last week that would make a price match awesome even on a standard XL, since it would effectively cost $150 out of pocket.

Yeah, you reassured my fears. I guess the worst thing I can do is try to PM at different stores during different shift times. Although not sure it would make it a deal if I drove all over the place. ;)

#118 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

$202 (w/ coke) - $20 (twiter/Amex) - $50 (Halo4/Amex) - $20 GC (included) = $112+tax

or

$160 - $50 (Halo4/Amex) = $110+tax

Plus I know I can get $100 for my 3DS on Craigslist after I transfer my Ambassador games.

I don't have MK7, so this makes sense to me. I like the blue color anyways.

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)

#119 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Good deal but I'm still not in until they make a 3d pokemon game or a pokemon special edition available in AMERICA

They will probably do it. Everyone loves pokemon. I want see a cool zelda 3dsXL

#120 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

$202 (w/ coke) - $20 (twiter/Amex) - $50 (Halo4/Amex) - $20 GC (included) = $112+tax

or

$160 - $50 (Halo4/Amex) = $110+tax

Plus I know I can get $100 for my 3DS on Craigslist after I transfer my Ambassador games.

I don't have MK7, so this makes sense to me. I like the blue color anyways.

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)

I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????