3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#121 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????

It was a Twitter dealy through Amex... I think it might have ended.

#122 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????

Also, you don't have to beat the game to get the $50 off $100... just 1 Spartan Ops mission.

#123 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

This is very tempting.

#124 droidekaspam

droidekaspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

$202 (w/ coke) - $20 (twiter/Amex) - $50 (Halo4/Amex) - $20 GC (included) = $112+tax

or

$160 - $50 (Halo4/Amex) = $110+tax

Plus I know I can get $100 for my 3DS on Craigslist after I transfer my Ambassador games.

I don't have MK7, so this makes sense to me. I like the blue color anyways.

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)

Amex only looks at the total charge to be $200+ (including tax). No need to buy a coke.
I don't know if Amex will consider a price adjustment like a return. If it's a return, Amex will take back the credit if you are below $200. Safest method would be to buy a $200 BestBuy GC with amex, and pay using that.

#125 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Amex only looks at the total charge to be $200+ (including tax). No need to buy a coke.
I don't know if Amex will consider a price adjustment like a return. If it's a return, Amex will take back the credit if you are below $200. Safest method would be to buy a $200 BestBuy GC with amex, and pay using that.

Is rather do it the backwards way of getting a price adjustment paid back on a BB gift card.

#126 Lanmind

Lanmind

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Anybody know if GameStop or ToysRus will match this price if I bring best buys ad into their store?

#127 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Anybody know if GameStop or ToysRus will match this price if I bring best buys ad into their store?

Gamestop definitely won't, not sure about ToysRus

#128 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

This is very tempting.

It is. It's like, get this now, or wait for better colors and or other bundles. The backlog suggests I should wait through, especially since I just beat VLR.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#129 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

when you pm, do you get the difference from the sales tax back?

#130 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

when you pm, do you get the difference from the sales tax back?

Yes, you should.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#131 GoldenJoe

GoldenJoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Jeeze. I bought the xl for 180 last month, swapped it for the MK bundle this week, and now there's this deal. Ah well. Excellent deal for anyone thinking about a 3DS. For what it's worth, I think the MK bundle from this week is a slightly better deal since you'll never have to lug around an MK cartridge. On the other hand, I would never actually buy a downloadable game from Nintendo. Their policy is beyond horrible for that stuff.

#132 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

I bought my 3DS XL on 11/14/12 for 179.99 at Best Buy. Will I be able to take my Receipt in and get a price adjustment. Or is that to long of time to lapse and they won't honor that. Either Way I can take this one back and rebuy at $159.99

At worse, buy the new same 3DS XL and return it with old receipt. ^_^

#133 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

The white one looks nice inside instead of black. Despite pink outside cover, I will still take that one.

#134 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

That kind of behavior is generally frowned upon in these parts. In addition, it wouldn't work as they typically scan the serial number at checkout and it prints on the receipt.

#135 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

That won't work, they keep track of console serial numbers, it's on your receipt and their system

#136 thisjustanother

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

frys electronics has a deal this week for the 3ds xl for 180 and it also comes with Mario Kart 7. is the frys deal better than this deal? cause i know the mario kart game is 30 bux alone. so if i got the deal from best buy next week, it would still cost me 10 bux more if i bought the game too. the frys deal ends tomorrow, so gotta make up my mind soon lol

#137 247

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Genius :roll:

#138 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Has anyone seen the 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle at Target? I just checked the website and it says online only but I'm having a hard time believing that since Walmart/BB have it in store.

#139 frankenthumbs

frankenthumbs

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

frys electronics has a deal this week for the 3ds xl for 180 and it also comes with Mario Kart 7. is the frys deal better than this deal? cause i know the mario kart game is 30 bux alone. so if i got the deal from best buy next week, it would still cost me 10 bux more if i bought the game too. the frys deal ends tomorrow, so gotta make up my mind soon lol

the MK bundle comes with a digital download code while buying them separately would give you a hard copy, but it would be 20 extra bucks. MK runs around 40 bucks right now.

#140 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wait, the Mario Kart is a digital download code? That's awesome, because my son wants the red unit and I want the blue one, and was trying to figure out how to transfer the game to him. Can anyone confirm this? Can I just have him download Mario Kart so it's tied to his red machine?

#141 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

If I can't get the MK7 bundle on the cheap, I may get the Pink/White and swap the pink shell for someone's blue or red. Just think how awesome a pink/black 3ds would look. Any takers? :)

#142 bk187

bk187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Wait, the Mario Kart is a digital download code? That's awesome, because my son wants the red unit and I want the blue one, and was trying to figure out how to transfer the game to him. Can anyone confirm this? Can I just have him download Mario Kart so it's tied to his red machine?

I was under the impression (from other threads) that the game came preloaded on the system (meaning if you system transfer it, the game is wiped out). If that's correct I think you can get both and then system transfer from the blue to the red to move the game. I could be wrong though.

#143 decorm

decorm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

The game is pre-installed on the system. There is no download code included in the box, so your son won't be able to download it without paying for it in the eShop.

#144 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

It's pre-installed, I think.

#145 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

So do you guys recommend downloading games from the eShop or buying actual carts? I'm trying to help out a co-worker, and just want to point him either to this week's TRU deal for the MK bundle, or next week's BB deal.
Posted Image

#146 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

So do you guys recommend downloading games from the eShop or buying actual carts? I'm trying to help out a co-worker, and just want to point him either to this week's TRU deal for the MK bundle, or next week's BB deal.

Its personal preference really. Though you can get cart games cheaper than you will be able to download them for since they are always MSRP.

There are however quite a few must have titles on the eShop itself priced as download titles normally are.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#147 Jay2328

Jay2328

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Jeeze. I bought the xl for 180 last month, swapped it for the MK bundle this week, and now there's this deal. Ah well. Excellent deal for anyone thinking about a 3DS. For what it's worth, I think the MK bundle from this week is a slightly better deal since you'll never have to lug around an MK cartridge. On the other hand, I would never actually buy a downloadable game from Nintendo. Their policy is beyond horrible for that stuff.

Wow, I did the same thing this week. I figured it was a better deal, almost like breaking even since the $20 gift card "technically" makes the bundle $180 (again technically) and I get a free game, albeit digital. Not to mention that I always intended to buy The Walking Dead game at Best Buy, so I could use the gift card for that.

I may try and see if Best Buy is willing to price match the bundle next week when I go to get The Walking Dead game. I know it is a long shot or YMMV, but since I am going back, it may be worth a try. I would assume if they do price match, it would only be $20 since I got a $20 gift card. Maybe you should try at your store as well, perhaps one of us will be lucky.

#148 Mik9

Mik9

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I was under the impression (from other threads) that the game came preloaded on the system (meaning if you system transfer it, the game is wiped out). If that's correct I think you can get both and then system transfer from the blue to the red to move the game. I could be wrong though.

I have emailed Nintendo about the preloaded Mario Kart 7 3ds and they said that if you do a system transfer to that 3ds it will not deleted the game, it will be combined with the games from the older system. It shouldn't be wiped out, and judging from the page they gave me it seems like you can transfer the game to a new 3ds from this 3ds if you need to.

http://www.nintendo....ta_transfer.jsp

#149 bk187

bk187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I have emailed Nintendo about the preloaded Mario Kart 7 3ds and they said that if you do a system transfer to that 3ds it will not deleted the game, it will be combined with the games from the older system. It shouldn't be wiped out, and judging from the page they gave me it seems like you can transfer the game to a new 3ds from this 3ds if you need to.

Thanks for checking that. Good news.

#150 roblutter

roblutter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I can double confirm this... I picked up a MK7 DSi XL last night and did the system transfer from my Ambassador Black 3DS (which I just sold for $140 on Amazon Marketplace now that it's transferred, btw)... all you've gotta do is go to the eShop and look at your Previous Downloads and it'll show up in there. Then you've just gotta redownload it.

Good thing, because I immediately wiped it without even thinking about what would happen to MK7, lol.

The screen is a bit dimmer (like a 4 on the 3DS, IMHO) but I'm so goddamn blind that I can see myself playing my 3DS 10x more with the larger screen. Even Virtual Console games are now infinitely more playable for me.

Also, the blue XL is the exact same color as my blue desk. True story.