Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#361 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Tossed in another 50. 100 total

Posted Image

#362 mdvalenz

mdvalenz

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Had a baby this year so can't donate as much as usual. Hope you reach your goal.

#363 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Dunno why I waited so long but donated $50.

#364 mkh

mkh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

An add'l $10 thrown in.

#365 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Payday = donation.

Great cause.
Posted Image

#366 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I really believe in CAG to reach are coal because we are cheapass to games but not when kids need it bad

#367 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I donated and I also donated some gifts this year to try to motivate some donations. I will say I submitted my gifts to be added to the list and it took two full weeks before the OP was updated with it listed. Since the prize list motivates some people to donate, updating it more than once every two weeks probably would have spurred a few more donations.

#368 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I donated and I also donated some gifts this year to try to motivate some donations. I will say I submitted my gifts to be added to the list and it took two full weeks before the OP was updated with it listed. Since the prize list motivates some people to donate, updating it more than once every two weeks probably would have spurred a few more donations.

Cheapy really didn't seem as motivated in general about this years fund. Barely mentioned on the CAGcast, etc.
Posted Image

#369 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I couldn't donate as much as most years, but will try to drop a little more once I check my fundage. Even if we don't get more, 27 g's is still a pretty nice donation.

#370 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

I agree, i wonder if the list is currently delayed any.

#371 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Donated some funds, but it's looking grim. We have like 5 days left to hit the goal? :(

4 days almost 3 and we need $5670/day with what is left of today and the next 3.... unless you get a few businesses to see this (which they'd donate straight to the cause unless they used the tracker)... idk... how many members does CAG have total at a per member donation rate? I've given $20 already, about avg maybe a little above when you factor $40 in prizes as well.

#372 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Cheapy really didn't seem as motivated in general about this years fund. Barely mentioned on the CAGcast, etc.

This is a big part of it. There was a big lack of updates or talk about it this year.

Also, the economy is just plain bad. I feel bad saying it here but I'm at a point where I feel like I have to hoard and save every penny I can make. It doesn't help with taxes being raised again. 2% adds up.

It's really too bad we can't donate used, great condition games or I bet we all have a lot of those, but there would be someone willing to mess that one up I'm sure. :(

There's really no reason you can't. Maybe it can't be on the official list or whatever but you can still do a contest. I did it a couple years ago with some Blu Rays. They were new, but no reason you couldn't do it with something used. I dont remember how I did it exactly I think I just asked people to donate and then post in my own contest thread that they donated and they were entered by doing so. I guess I just took their word for it that they donated, I dont really remember.

Edited by ShockandAww, 12 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#373 newman929

newman929

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Just donated $10, hopefully it picks up somehow, but 30k isn't so bad either.

#374 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Well if I win the Mega Millions jackpot tonight, i'll help us reach the goal and then some. =D

#375 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, if I didn't see it on the front page I probably would not have remembered. I bet a lot of people bookmark the forums and do not even see it. Hopefully Cheapy and the crew will do some tweeting about it at least in these last days!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#376 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Put the banner in your sig guys. Helps more people see it. I witnessed first hand, seeing some of these kids in extended stay hospitals. They are so sad. Playing games helps take their minds off of their problems. It lets them be normal for awhile. It's a great cause.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#377 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Also, the economy is just plain bad. I feel bad saying it here but I'm at a point where I feel like I have to hoard and save every penny I can make. It doesn't help with taxes being raised again. 2% adds up.

This. I think CAG's promotion of it could have been better (I was looking forward to seeing CheapyD and family on webcam again) but it wasn't hard to know the raffle was going on.

But yeah, saving money is getting harder and harder. 2012 was terrible in so many ways.

In better news, I have funds to donate with the pay check I just received. I have some errands to run today and I can assess what I can donate later tonight.

There's really no reason you can't. Maybe it can't be on the official list or whatever but you can still do a contest. I did it a couple years ago with some Blu Rays. They were new, but no reason you couldn't do it with something used. I dont remember how I did it exactly I think I just asked people to donate and then post in my own contest thread that they donated and they were entered by doing so. I guess I just took their word for it that they donated, I dont really remember.

I was wanting to do this as well. In the event I wouldn't be able to donate money, it would be nice to donate something that have some kind of value.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#378 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Donated some funds, but it's looking grim. We have like 5 days left to hit the goal? :(

might be wrong but didnt we miss the goal last year and cheapy toss in like 5k or something on the last day to meet the goal..

people just dont have the money this year . i know my xmas tips were down 65% from last year

i know its way too late this year but maybe next year before this starts maybe also try to do a lowball collection and let people send in items and then sell those items off and then use that cash to put into this fund.... i know i had a few items i could of sent in (game wise) that i would never use but was just too lazy to sell off myself
WOOOO I STINK

#379 KnightPaladin

KnightPaladin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

made my donation. thanks for the chance to win.

#380 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Finally got around to donating!
Posted Image

#381 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

just gave another $10.00 bringing my total up to $30.00 plus donations to raffle ($70.00 total), come on guys, we can still do this i hope!

#382 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Just put in my donation!

#383 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Chipped in $200. It's a shame that we're nowhere close to $50K but at least Child's Play overall had a great donation season.

#384 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

just donated another $10 bringing my total to $60!

#385 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Posting how much you donated doesn't help. For people in it solely for the prizes, if they see somebody post that they put in a bunch of money, it could make them think why bother, they won't have a good chance of winning anything, right? It's a shitty way of thinking, but back when I did fundraising, I was always told that.

On another note, is there any way this could be extended to get the total up? I mean I've been giving every time I get paid, and I'm gonna continue to do so after this is done I think, but would it help to add another week or two?

#386 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

you can still donate directly to Child Play after this ends, so what's the purpose of extending?

#387 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Like I said, I intend on it. I mean to benefit the total from our site

#388 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Finally got to donating more and added $25.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#389 AMillsy

AMillsy

Northern Michigan CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

I'm in for my yearly donation.

#390 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Posting how much you donated doesn't help. For people in it solely for the prizes, if they see somebody post that they put in a bunch of money, it could make them think why bother, they won't have a good chance of winning anything, right? It's a shitty way of thinking, but back when I did fundraising, I was always told that.

Um, someone's chances of winning a prize is proportional to how much they donated out of the total, so when you say "shitty way of thinking," you actually mean completely incorrect way of determining odds in a raffle? :roll: