Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

#511 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

anything would help. It's really too bad Cheapy couldn't find time to promote as he wanted through the 2 extensions. But he meant well and CAG did our best. Almost $40K is damn good.

#512 Jadam

Jadam

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Just put in $50. Not much, but just got out of the hospital and have a lot of bills coming. Sure wish someone had set me up with some games while I was there. Talk about boring.

#513 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Threw in another $15, not much but I have to start watching my expenses more closely. I'll stay in this Superbowl Sunday instead.

#514 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Put my donation in. Would have put more in but my wife is going in for surgery next week, no idea what the bill for that will be.
If its free, its for me!!

#515 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

So, when do we find out the results of the winners and as far as who we send our codes to? (I almost couldn't find this page and luckily it is in my signature so I looked that way.)

#516 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Put my donation in. Would have put more in but my wife is going in for surgery next week, no idea what the bill for that will be.

god bless you,your wife,and both of your family as she's in surgery and what she's having for make's her better and well and also the doctor does great in the surgery

#517 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

So, when do we find out the results of the winners and as far as who we send our codes to? (I almost couldn't find this page and luckily it is in my signature so I looked that way.)

It usually takes Cheapy awhile to get the data together. I would expect a couple weeks at least.

#518 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

I threw in a couple of bills. Hope it brings some needy kids a little distraction in tough times.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#519 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

It usually takes Cheapy awhile to get the data together. I would expect a couple weeks at least.

Okay, I wasn't sure how easy or difficult it is, like if our donations went into a program that randomly selected us. I just want to make sure the winners get their prizes from me, & best of luck to any of us winning prizes. I know that Amazon Gift Card would be really awesome!

#520 Clownzilla

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Okay, I wasn't sure how easy or difficult it is, like if our donations went into a program that randomly selected us. I just want to make sure the winners get their prizes from me, & best of luck to any of us winning prizes. I know that Amazon Gift Card would be really awesome!

I don't think it's just randomly picking names out of a spreadsheet. I might be wrong, but I think this raffle (or at-least the drawing) is actually conducted by a bonded third party (accounting firm or something). When their dealing with this many prizes and this much money I'm sure Cheapy will make sure his drawings are 100% legal and legit. Long story short, it will take a while but I would not be too worried about your prizes not getting to the correct winners.
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#521 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

question if you win a prize can you toss it back or do you have to take it... like is there any runners up.
WOOOO I STINK

#522 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

I threw in a couple of bills. Hope it brings some needy kids a little distraction in tough times.

I don't think they need your bills :lol:

#523 SquallX41269

SquallX41269

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

question if you win a prize can you toss it back or do you have to take it... like is there any runners up.

I can just see it now

CheapyD Brady: Ok, you have the $20 PSN Gift Card, now you can take it......or trade it in for what's behind door number 3 where Inexpensive Ann is standing

*Audience yells suggestion*

Contestant: I'll take Door Number 3

Announcer: you win..........a donkey *cue Let's Make a Deal Zonk cue"

(Couldn't resist)

#524 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

"I'll take the box, Kuni!"

:lifts box:

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! You so stupid Weaver!"

I love UHF.

I just spent a few days in the hospital and it would of sucked even more without my PSPGo and cell phone for games so I can imagine it being even worse for kids. My favorite charity.
Posted Image

#525 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

"I'll take the box, Kuni!"

:lifts box:

"Nothing! Absolutely nothing! You so stupid Weaver!"

I love UHF.

Supplies!!

I'm glad someone else out there likes / even knows about UHF.

#526 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Supplies!!

I'm glad someone else out there likes / even knows about UHF.

"You get to drink from the firehose!"

(tries not to covet getting to rummage through oatmeal)

#527 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

This is pretty good watermelon....tastes like poop.

Wore out my vhs copy in the 90's. Need to pick it up on dvd. Have the cd soundtrack around here somewhere.
If its free, its for me!!

#528 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

This is pretty good watermelon....tastes like poop.

Wore out my vhs copy in the 90's. Need to pick it up on dvd. Have the cd soundtrack around here somewhere.

Sadly we did not raise enough money to S.O.S. - Save - Our - Station
Posted Image

#529 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

How are things coming along with this?

#530 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

How are things coming along with this?

since they didn't reach the goal all the prizes are going to the kiddies as well
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#531 WFOAssassin

WFOAssassin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

since they didn't reach the goal all the prizes are going to the kiddies as well

Is that true? I don't care anyway, when I donate time, money, or gifts I am donating it, anything else I get back is a nice treat, like in a raffle. However, I would like to know if that was just a joke or not, as would people who really want to win something.

#532 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Is that true? I don't care anyway, when I donate time, money, or gifts I am donating it, anything else I get back is a nice treat, like in a raffle. However, I would like to know if that was just a joke or not, as would people who really want to win something.

Yes, that's a joke.

#533 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

An update would be appropriate around now. "soon" is pretty subjective and it's been 10 days since the conclusion. Even just a set date for the draw/announcement would be nice (even if it is in a week or more.

Yeah... I know, it's about the kids, but there is also a raffle and whether you believe it or not - people wouldn't have donated that much money if there wasn't a raffle.

And by the way, I have no dilusions of winning anything. I just want to see this done with.

#534 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

I know what you're saying. This seems a bit abandoned.

#535 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

An update would be appropriate around now. "soon" is pretty subjective and it's been 10 days since the conclusion. Even just a set date for the draw/announcement would be nice (even if it is in a week or more.

Yeah... I know, it's about the kids, but there is also a raffle and whether you believe it or not - people wouldn't have donated that much money if there wasn't a raffle.

And by the way, I have no dilusions of winning anything. I just want to see this done with.

As I mentioned on an earlier post, I believe only a page back, every year this has been done, it has taken Cheapy several weeks to get the data together. It has to be compiled manually then run through a randomizer to get the winners. This is no different than prior years, I suspect. It'll happen, it just takes time.

#536 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

If everyone here had listened to the most recent CAGCAST you would know that Cheapy said the results of the raffle would be published sometime this week....

#537 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

If everyone here had listened to the most recent CAGCAST you would know that Cheapy said the results of the raffle would be published sometime this week....

haven't listened yet, but I have it downloaded and ready to go. Just haven't had to travel yet/commute. I like to save my podcast for when I have to drive, or fly. Thanks for the info.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#538 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

The winners have now been added to the OP. Thanks for your patience.

Community Prize Winners
Whomever sees the list first is free to contact the other party.
If a partial email address is listed, that means we could not find a CAG username connected with your Paypal address. The prize donor will receive the full email address so they can contact you.

Corporate Prize Winners
Winners will be contacted by either myself or the business themselves.

Even though we didn't meet our $50k goal, $38k is nothing to sneeze at. You all should be proud!

#539 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Wow. I won a few years ago a smaller prize pack, but this is really nice. I chip in each year gladly. Time to see what vgfive is all about. Thanks for running this event cheapy!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#540 hockey0707

hockey0707

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Congrats to all the winners!