[Dead] Hitman: Absolution $39.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

This is my first time posting a deal, but I noticed Hitman: Absolution was $39.99 new for PS3/360 on Gamestop's website. I don't know how long it will be that price for.

Xbox 360 :360:
http://www.gamestop....bsolution/91071

PS3:ps3:
http://www.gamestop....bsolution/91072
Posted Image

#2 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

wow didnt this come out a week or two ago? Dont tell me this is the new RE6? I know its not as bad as re6 is. This is great for people to pm their copies at bb. Good find OP.

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Cool, but I can wait for $15. My backlog can speak for itself. Thanks for posting, OP.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

wow didnt this come out a week or two ago? Dont tell me this is the new RE6? I know its not as bad as re6 is. This is great for people to pm their copies at bb. Good find OP.

RE 6 is good, just not amazing like the other resident evil games

#5 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thanks for the tip OP! Been waiting for some deals on this game to pop up. I might have to wait on getting this and Far Cry 3, I've got so many games I still need to dig deeper into.

#6 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

It's a lot better than 5.

Also anyone know if it's possible to get this to work with the $20 giftcard at BB?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#7 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Well now I wish I would have picked this up at BBY today with the $20 GC. Time for a PM at BBY. I wonder what would be the best way to do this.
Posted Image

#8 Syni

Syni

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

That's a pretty deep sale through for a new game.. hope it's not bad.
Posted Image

#9 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I have it and its ok at best. Its def. not better than RE5, but lets not get into that topic ;). Its been awhile since I last played a hitman game so Ima wait on less than $30 for this one.

#10 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Just looks like a pre-Christmas sale to me. Random price drops on newer titles are par for the course this time of year.

Professional Edition is also down to 59.99 but that's just DLC and an art book and shit.

#11 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

It's a lot better than 5.

Am I one of the only ones who liked RE5?
{shrug}

#12 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I like 5, it just has issues....like the whole 2nd half of the game.

#13 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

I liked 5 & 6. How is Hitman?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#14 Chupacabrathing

Chupacabrathing

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

I heard this is the new price at gamestop from an employee there...

#15 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Is this game worth the buy and put in the backlog? If i do get this it will be a price match for the 40 and i will be printing out my 20 gift card coupon from reward zone. If i do get this game would it matter 360 or ps3??

#16 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Am I one of the only ones who liked RE5?
{shrug}

Nope, I liked RE5 too.

...But I still think RE6 is better.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#17 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

wow solid price! Trading in dishonored soon, might consider getting this down the line, but it will ONLY get cheaper :)

#18 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

for some reason this game screams "10 or less" to me.

#19 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I like 5, it just has issues....like the whole 2nd half of the game.

Is something wrong w/ me?
I really dug both RE4 and RE5 on the PC.

#20 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Is something wrong w/ me?
I really dug both RE4 and RE5 on the PC.

No, 4 is great and 5 is good. The problem with 5 is when they started giving enemies guns. The cover system seemed like something they threw in at the very last possible minute. It just didn't work well.

And off topic, anyone know how much Hitman shows up for if I buy it at BB with the $20 thing and then try to pricematch later? Does the receipt show the $20 being deducted from Hitman?

#21 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

I saw this price on Amazon earlier and didn't realize it was a GS match. I guess I should have figured they were matching someone. I just got back from Best Buy where I did a return/rebuy. PM'ed it for $39.99 and got the $20 gift card. $20 for my most anticipated game of the year (and it has not disappointed yet) on release day is more than I could have asked for.

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Is this game worth the buy and put in the backlog? If i do get this it will be a price match for the 40 and i will be printing out my 20 gift card coupon from reward zone. If i do get this game would it matter 360 or ps3??

Are you sure it's guaranteed to work? PM + GC double dip?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Is this in store as well? Also how do u pm an online gamestop deal at best buy?

#24 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I saw this price on Amazon earlier and didn't realize it was a GS match. I guess I should have figured they were matching someone. I just got back from Best Buy where I did a return/rebuy. PM'ed it for $39.99 and got the $20 gift card. $20 for my most anticipated game of the year (and it has not disappointed yet) on release day is more than I could have asked for.

Was the process smooth?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#25 narmstrong79

narmstrong79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Will BB price match + give the $20 GC?

#26 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I guess if this price holds tomorrow I will be making my way back to BBY. If I can get it for $40 + the GC then I will buy it. Question is should I buy it first then take the receipt to CS and PM or PM right at the register?
Posted Image

#27 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

No, 4 is great and 5 is good. The problem with 5 is when they started giving enemies guns. The cover system seemed like something they threw in at the very last possible minute. It just didn't work well.

And off topic, anyone know how much Hitman shows up for if I buy it at BB with the $20 thing and then try to pricematch later? Does the receipt show the $20 being deducted from Hitman?

No, shows a GC package purchase though.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#28 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

that was a quick price drop. Seems like Square Enix are being very generous this year.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#29 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Was the process smooth?

Not really, but I think that's because I had used a RZ cert on the original purchase. They had to do a workaround and it took about 10 minutes, but it all worked out in the end. If you didn't use any sort of RZ/Shopkick cert it should be a simple return/rebuy.

I guess if this price holds tomorrow I will be making my way back to BBY. If I can get it for $40 + the GC then I will buy it. Question is should I buy it first then take the receipt to CS and PM or PM right at the register?

PM it at the register. The $20 gift card will pop up automatically when they finalize the transaction. Just make sure you claim that offer in your RZ account before you head to the store and make sure they scan your RZ card at the register.

#30 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Is this in store as well? Also how do u pm an online gamestop deal at best buy?

Does not say online only. Usually GS is pretty clear about that so I would say it is in-store also. Looks like it will be for the entire week also. So glad I cancelled my pre-order from them.
Posted Image