• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#31 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

No, shows a GC package purchase though.

If it shows Hitman at $59.99 then I don't see why a pricematch wouldn't work.

I may try this tomorrow.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#32 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

I heard this is the new price at gamestop from an employee there...

That's a quick drop. Tempting too, tbh.

#33 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Best Buy is matching online prices during the holiday season. Just tell them where you want to match (GS or Amazon) and they'll look up the price.

#34 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

GS had the sniper challenge pre-order so I would bet they had too many copies to sell and are now being forced to unload them at $40. Just a guess though.
Posted Image

#35 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

This might just be the typical Square Enix sale thing they've been doing. Deux Ex HR and Sleeping Dogs went on sale quick after they came out. This is why I'm holding back on buying the new Tomb Raider.

#36 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'm gonna try to PM this at Best Buy tomorrow during lunch and hoping I get the $20 Gift Card too.
Posted Image

#37 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

This might just be the typical Square Enix sale thing they've been doing. Deux Ex HR and Sleeping Dogs went on sale quick after they came out. This is why I'm holding back on buying the new Tomb Raider.

Don't! Not if you buy from BBY since they are offering a $20 RZ cert with it.

#38 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

Don't! Not if you buy from BBY since they are offering a $20 RZ cert with it.

Exactly. This is actually the reason you should pre-order the game at Best Buy. Hitman was the exception since it was one of the few games that didn't come with the $20 bonus (although they made up for that a week later).

#39 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

RE 6 is good, just not amazing like the other resident evil games

+1.
What they need to do is remake resident evil 1, 2, and 3 as a real HD collection and not that BS digital stuff.

#40 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I'm gonna try to PM this at Best Buy tomorrow during lunch and hoping I get the $20 Gift Card too.

let us know how it goes and if it goes well I will pick it up but not sure if i want for 360 or ps3??

#41 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

I bought this on release day for full price at Gamestop (had gift cards). I think I shall attempt a return/rebuy. Is Gamestop usually cool with that like almost every other retailer provided it's within their 30 day return period? Never done it there I don't think, but I will try for $20 back!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#42 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

I bought this on release day for full price at Gamestop (had gift cards). I think I shall attempt a return/rebuy. Is Gamestop usually cool with that like almost every other retailer provided it's within their 30 day return period? Never done it there I don't think, but I will try for $20 back!

Good luck!!

#43 narmstrong79

narmstrong79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Just buy it at this discounted price, return the unopened copy with the release day receipt. who cares what they're cool with.

#44 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I may try this tomorrow.

We were talking about this in the BB @gamer thread, and the store receipt shows the game at full price with a packaged GC. But, when you look at the same receipt through reward zone, the game shows being discounted by $20.

For anyone that already bought the game with the packaged GC before this sale, let us know if you were able to get the price adjusted.
Posted Image

#45 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I'll wait for cheaper, I don't really have time for Hitman atm anyways.

#46 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Just buy it at this discounted price, return the unopened copy with the release day receipt. who cares what they're cool with.

yep, that was my plan if they won't just match the price or let me do a return/rebuy. Either way, as long as the price sticks until tomorrow evening, I should be good to go.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#47 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

How long does the campaign take to beat?

I have a bunch of redbox codes I need to use up.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#48 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

I saw this price on Amazon earlier and didn't realize it was a GS match. I guess I should have figured they were matching someone. I just got back from Best Buy where I did a return/rebuy. PM'ed it for $39.99 and got the $20 gift card. $20 for my most anticipated game of the year (and it has not disappointed yet) on release day is more than I could have asked for.

Amazon ran it for that price? For what, an hour? It's $55 now. WTF? This half assed unadvertised lightning deal bullshit needs to stop. I'm tempted to email them and bitch.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#49 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Amazon ran it for that price? For what, an hour? It's $55 now. WTF? This half assed unadvertised lightning deal bullshit needs to stop. I'm tempted to email them and bitch.

I bought it for PS3 and it's still $39.99. They haven't matched the Xbox price yet.

#50 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

I bought it for PS3 and it's still $39.99. They haven't matched the Xbox price yet.

Naturally, the version I want doesn't get matched. :(
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#51 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

I bought this online the week it came out that came with the $10 GC. Did anyone ever PM Gamestop successfully over the phone with a BB rep for online orders before?

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#52 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm renting it right now and it seems like it will be around 18-20 hours for the first time through. And then there's the Contracts mode which depends on how much you like that sort of thing with randomizing missions.

#53 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Eh...depends. I played for probably 3 hours on Sunday night and played 1/4 of the campaign and got all of the online/contracts achievements but one. It's not that long, especially if you play on easy or medium. It's a great game, but it doesn't have the replay of blood money IMO. It's a bit more straight forward.

Contracts could be interesting, however.

#54 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I may try this tomorrow.

It should work, but if the CS rep says "hey, you got a $20 GC with the purchase, we can't PM that because you already had a promotion when you purchased" I wouldn't have solid defense.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#55 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Just a heads up, some people (including me) experienced save glitches with their game (both consoles). If your game freezes during an autosave (often during cutscenes or after going through small sections) it might corrupt your save file. What's bad is that the game only uses one save file so if yours is corrupted, all progress including challenges and playstyles will be erased (I was halfway finished, trying to finish all challenges before moving on). They are trying to push the patch out next week for both Xbox 360 and PS3 though. Despite this major glitch, it is an amazing game.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#56 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

So my plain is to claim the reward, go to BB cs and have them price match GS and make sure they scan my rewardzone card. That should be enough to get the $20 certificate shouldn't it?

#57 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

GameStop won't usually let you return games which you bought new and are opened :-(
Worth a shot though!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#58 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

glad i still didnt open my copy yet from gamestop...going to either get a price match or a return/rebuy

Edited by breakingcustoms, 05 December 2012 - 05:09 AM.

596772.png

#59 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I rented it and it took me about 10-12 hours. There was a few missions I had trouble with and had to keep restarting.

#60 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

So I tried to get the PM and the GC. It did work but the seasonal employee called the manager over when the prompt for the GC came up and she told me I had to choose either or. I'll try again tomorrow LOL with a cashier I recognize.