[Dead] Hitman: Absolution $39.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

We were talking about this in the BB @gamer thread, and the store receipt shows the game at full price with a packaged GC. But, when you look at the same receipt through reward zone, the game shows being discounted by $20.

For anyone that already bought the game with the packaged GC before this sale, let us know if you were able to get the price adjusted.

I bought it full price with gift card and was able to get it adjusted. For the record I used that $5 2-day-only certificate from a week ago and it required an override.

#62 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

So if I go to Bestbuy and pm GameStop price of 40, would I still get the 20 GC and be able to use my 25$ cert?

#63 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Confirmed, just went into bb, picked up a new copy and pm-ed it to 39.99 AND the gift card automatically came up. I paid with credit so essentially it cost $23 for a two week old game.

#64 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Confirmed, just went into bb, picked up a new copy and pm-ed it to 39.99 AND the gift card automatically came up. I paid with credit so essentially it cost $23 for a two week old game.

hell yeah, hurry up halo 4 cert!! I want hitman for 15 and a 20 GC!!

#65 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Just looks like a pre-Christmas sale to me. Random price drops on newer titles are par for the course this time of year.

Professional Edition is also down to 59.99 but that's just DLC and an art book and shit.

Thanks for the heads up on the profession edition price, my best buy had some in stock will go pm that with the $20 gc promo.

#66 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

actually been looking for a deal on this. I saw the professional edition is available as well. I'm not sure if its an extra $20 more worth it though.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#67 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

actually been looking for a deal on this. I saw the professional edition is available as well. I'm not sure if its an extra $20 more worth it though.

I really don't mind, I'm a huge fan of the series, and usually games That I am a fan of I don't mind spending a few bucks more. (Metal Gear, Hitman, rainbow six, lol just to name a few that ill go all out on).

#68 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

I used my coupon last week to get the $20. Am I screwed on getting this PM'd?

#69 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Sigh...don't know if I should use the gas to try for a PM seeing that some of you got shot down. My receipt clearly says 20GC w/ Hitman - $59.99, so it's a gamble.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#70 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Sigh...don't know if I should use the gas to try for a PM seeing that some of you got shot down. My receipt clearly says 20GC w/ Hitman - $59.99, so it's a gamble.

That's my thoughts as well. However, I'm tempted to do a rebuy and see if another $20 off coupon can be used. If so, it's a simple PM and then return your new sealed game a day or two later as the original.

#71 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Sorry tried to read the entire thread. What is the 20 GC with Best Buy? Will try and PM for the proffesional edition if I can figure this out. Thanks
Posted Image

#72 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

GameStop won't usually let you return games which you bought new and are opened :-(
Worth a shot though!!

So work around them. Buy a sealed copy at the sale price and return that sealed copy with your other (original) receipt. Done.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#73 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Sorry tried to read the entire thread. What is the 20 GC with Best Buy? Will try and PM for the proffesional edition if I can figure this out. Thanks

If you're signed up as Gamer's Club, (Not necessary to be Unlocked) BB is giving a $20 gift card w/ the purchase of Hitman: Absolution. Both platforms, both editions. Just give them your account number when checking out.

#74 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

It is now $40 at Amazon for the X360 as well.

http://www.amazon.co...tman absolution

#75 Wolf825

Wolf825

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

You know, I just had a chat with Amazon customer service about 30 minutes before your post, Zolor. Rep said they do not price match, and said they couldn't do $39.99 for the 360 version, even though the PS3 was lowered.

I will try Best Buy tomorrow morning (Wednesday) for the GC and PM.

Been waiting for a price drop for this game. I would have been happy with $40, but if I can get it for $20, all the better!

#76 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

anyone know how long the GC for 20 is going for?

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#77 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

anyone know how long the GC for 20 is going for?

GCU coupon expires this Saturday (12/8/12)

#78 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Question...

I just purchased Hitman Absolution today for 360 and received the $20GC and two weeks ago for PS3 for a friend to get the $10 GC. Can I still price match both purchases?

#79 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

So my question is, is this game worth $40? I bought my son Dishonored for Christmas during the BF sales, but I'm wondering if he might like this better.

#80 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

So my question is, is this game worth $40? I bought my son Dishonored for Christmas during the BF sales, but I'm wondering if he might like this better.

Well, I bought Hitman twice in two weeks. First was on release and I played it, beat it and then sold it on ebay. Quite honestly, I would give the graphics/visuals 9/10, music/sound/voice 9/10, gameplay 7/10 and the story/characters 3/10.

I hated the story and majority of the characters. Ending was predictable too, at least for me. You feel more like Leon in RE 4 at times trying to protect this girl instead of being a cold blooded assassin which is what Agent 47 is supposed to be since thats how he's been portrayed in previous games.

Gameplay is good but until they release the patch that fixes the disguises and lets them work correctly, im holding off on playing it again. There's a few other gameplay aspects that I dont like either.

Reason why I purchased it again today is because of Contracts. I dont care about creating contracts but after playing contracts on PS3 since my friend let me borrow his copy of the game this past weekend, I had a lot more fun playing contracts than I did the single player story because unlike the story, in contracts, I feel like the assassin im supposed to be. There's no protecting a little girl and rescuing her. You complete the contract and get paid for it. You can then use the money to buy and upgrade weapons for contracts.

Hope this helps but I cant say if its worth $40 or not. I bought it twice but not everyone is the same or going to have the same opinion on the game. Worse case scenario is that if your son doesnt like the game, could always sell it on ebay or trade it in to Best Buy and buy him a different game.

As for Dishonored, havent played it and have no interest in the game.

#81 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Thanks Dan for the input. I think I will just wait on it. He seemed to like Dishonored a lot when we rented it from Redbox when it came out.

#82 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Could not get the pm and gc at my bb. I think they have to do the rewards zone card first but not sure since it didn't work. They said 1 or the other.

#83 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Could not get the pm and gc at my bb. I think they have to do the rewards zone card first but not sure since it didn't work. They said 1 or the other.

Had the same exact issue. The last few offers like this with the giftcard could easily be pmed or price adjusted after purchase. But for whatever reason my store was super anal about me price adjusting the game due to the gc. And I just bought the game this morning too!

#84 PokemonRexRay

PokemonRexRay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

this game has a 75%-86% range on gamerankings.com so just about as good AC3.

#85 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Looks like not worth risking the gas money and round trip time, since you guys are reporting unsuccessful PMs after purchase. I got it for $20GC two days ago.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#86 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Is that BestBuy $20 gc for Gamers club members unlocked or whatever only?

#87 marioman

marioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

The game scored quite well in reviews from what i saw, so I really don't think this sale has anything to do with the quality of the game itself.

#88 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I played this game alot and it's really good. It has the smoothest controls out of any of the Hitman games. It's alot of fun to play and decent in length. This is a good deal.

#89 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

This game is rubbish compared to the older Hitman games. It's really nothing like the older Hitman games, it's more like Splinter Cell Conviction in terms of gameplay. It's not a bad game overall, but a horrible Hitman game.

#90 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

This game is rubbish compared to the older Hitman games. It's really nothing like the older Hitman games, it's more like Splinter Cell Conviction in terms of gameplay. It's not a bad game overall, but a horrible Hitman game.

I think you just sold the game to me.

I enjoyed the old Hitman games a lot, but I was never super good at them. I really enjoyed the latest Splinter Cell (Conviction), and plan on buying the next one since it seems similar to that (again, I also enjoyed the old Splinter Cell games, but I wasn't to good at the mechanics of stealth they used, it felt forced on me).

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).