[Dead] Hitman: Absolution $39.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#91 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Loved this game but the sneaking mechanics are weak as hell.

The story was endlessly entertaining. The villains all ham it up and are expertly acted and modeled.

It's not like Hitman Blood Money though.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#92 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

hmm..might still try to get the PM and gc card at BBY and if I am turned down try to buy a used copy at GS with some PUR certs. No online pass right?

#93 KillerSmokey24

KillerSmokey24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

hmm..might still try to get the PM and gc card at BBY and if I am turned down try to buy a used copy at GS with some PUR certs. No online pass right?

This game doesn't have an online pass. The only online mode is contracts mode where you create contracts for other players.

#94 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I wish I had bought the game when Best Buy was giving a $10 gift card with the purchase of it.

#95 Gatorsfan35

Gatorsfan35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Just got back from BB and they wouldn't let me price match it because I had already purchased it and got the $20 GC. They said they could do one or the other. Or if I wanted to return the game and the $20 GC, then they would re-sell me the game for 39.99.

#96 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just got back from BB and they wouldn't let me price match it because I had already purchased it and got the $20 GC. They said they could do one or the other. Or if I wanted to return the game and the $20 GC, then they would re-sell me the game for 39.99.

Dang. I was gonna give that a shot after work. Might still anyway, honestly. Just hope I get the usual rep.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#97 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yeah I might just pass for now. Not worth the $3 in gas to get denied. I still have Far Cry 3 and Dishonored so I am in no rush.
Posted Image

#98 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Great price but I see this dropping lower within the next couple of weeks. The PC version looks fantastic.

#99 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Worked for me and worked for a couple of my friends (in different parts of county).

Went in, picked up the game. Asked for a price match. Rep entered my RZ number, called someone over to override the price match, handed me the $20 gift card, and was in/out of the store in 5 minutes.

Shouldn't be a problem guys, give it a shot.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#100 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

just bought this online from GS. good enough deal for me. Ive been wanting this one

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#101 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Is this game worth the buy and put in the backlog? If i do get this it will be a price match for the 40 and i will be printing out my 20 gift card coupon from reward zone. If i do get this game would it matter 360 or ps3??

You're going to pay $40 to put a game in your backlog?

#102 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

damn that cheap.....i'll wait for the price drop to be even lower.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#103 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

damn that cheap.....i'll wait for the price drop to be even lower.

$20 after PM and $20 GC from Best Buy? Your wallet I guess.

#104 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I wonder if this was a gamestop mistake... new copies are now back to 59.99 on gamestop.com

#105 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Same for me as well. Said they would do the price match, but only if I returned the gift card. Damn package deal!
Posted Image

#106 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Sucks even the professional edition went back up in price. And I was planning on going on lunch time.

#107 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks OP!!!!!

Price matched at register, got my gift card. Great deal.

Funny thing is they didn't have Gamestop as an option in their computer when doing the price match. I also showed them the price at amazon.com and it was done without a hitch.

P.S. I did this as soon as the store opened, so probably before the price correction that everyone's mentioning.

#108 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Well I guess I should have been out the door ASAP this morning. Fun while it lasted I guess. Now I do not need to hem and haw over it.

#109 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

You're going to pay $40 to put a game in your backlog?

Yeah, doesn't make sense. Game prices these days only go in one direction. Down. In a month or two, it'll be $30-35. Maybe even lower. Same reason I'm trying to hold out on Far Cry 3.
Posted Image

#110 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Amazon still has it for $39.99, best buy does pm amazon correct ?

#111 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Amazon still has it for $39.99, best buy does pm amazon correct ?

Well it is technically not on the list of things they PM I think people have been able to get them to PM software with this new Holiday Policy.

#112 akokonas

akokonas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

i thought amazon PM everything at best buy now? where did you see that

#113 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ah did I miss out? Damn work....(stuck in office now)

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#114 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

http://www.escapistm...tman-Absolution

#115 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

i thought amazon PM everything at best buy now? where did you see that

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

#116 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, doesn't make sense. Game prices these days only go in one direction. Down. In a month or two, it'll be $30-35. Maybe even lower. Same reason I'm trying to hold out on Far Cry 3.

Agree with you 100%. My Backlog is huge as it is so I can wait for the price to get lower. Also I still need to buy Christmas presents for the family

#117 phillyphill39

phillyphill39

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I was able to price match at bby, took the girl about 30 minutes and a few phone calls to corp. I used $30 in reward zone cert to buy the game last week for $30 and got the gift card. So that's why it took so long because i only paid $32 for the game and the register was having issue price matching.

Posted Image

#118 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Damn, missed my opportunity! I wonder if they unintentionally lowered it early and that it will be that price next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed so I can PM at Best Buy (might not even work since I got the gift card deal).

#119 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Damn, missed my opportunity! I wonder if they unintentionally lowered it early and that it will be that price next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed so I can PM at Best Buy (might not even work since I got the gift card deal).

Extreme YMMV, several of us that got the GC before this sale already tried to go back and get adjusted, and it was hit/miss (more miss).
Posted Image

#120 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Priced matched with $20 gift card. Thanks!