Xenoblade Chronicles in stock at GS

Checked a month ago and last week, it's always in stock at GS. Like the above poster said, it's just people being uninformed on ebay.

Wasn't Nintendo supposed to be selling this from their own website as well? Or did they decide against that? I haven't looked into this game since a few months prior to release.

EDIT: Checked their site, just has a link to buy it at Gamestop.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']OMG!!!! Somebody on Ebay overpaid for something! Stop the presses![/QUOTE]

Seems to be the avrg price as far down the page I can see.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wasn't Nintendo supposed to be selling this from their own website as well? Or did they decide against that? I haven't looked into this game since a few months prior to release.

EDIT: Checked their site, just has a link to buy it at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo did initially, they may have sold out of the stock they had of the game since then though.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']People are idiots. It's no different than people selling Wii U's for $340 and losing money.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't this be the exact opposite of that?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']People are idiots. It's no different than people selling Wii U's for $340 and losing money.[/QUOTE]

shrug I didn't lose money

The fact that it's selling so high on ebay (especially with the artbook) at least makes me feel a little better about the fact that I haven't even opened my copy yet.

Can't say the same for Last Story though. Least not yet.

[quote name='Jon7']Nintendo did initially, they may have sold out of the stock they had of the game since then though.[/QUOTE]

Ah, cool. I knew I read they would. Same difference in the end really. MSRP is MSRP and I'm sure Nintendo sold it at retail when they did sell it.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']The fact that it's selling so high on ebay (especially with the artbook) at least makes me feel a little better about the fact that I haven't even opened my copy yet.

Can't say the same for Last Story though. Least not yet.[/QUOTE]

Did only the CE come with the art book..

Wish I still had my Wii to play Xeno tho but I sold it to get a wii u then changed my mind and got a 3ds XL

Nah, there's no US CE, the book was a preorder bonus. The general opinion, which I agree with, is that it was a nice freebie, but nothing special. Still, stuff like that matters to collectors I suppose.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Ah, cool. I knew I read they would. Same difference in the end really. MSRP is MSRP and I'm sure Nintendo sold it at retail when they did sell it.[/QUOTE]

They actually sold it with a controller. So it was like 65$

[quote name='whoknows']Wouldn't this be the exact opposite of that?[/QUOTE]

No because it is still idiocy and people losing money.

This game is great and totally deserves MSRP. Even if you don't like paying MSRP, if you value getting great Japanese style games in the US you should buy them.

[quote name='destro4eva']This is CAG son. We don't do MSRP. And we don't give a rat's patootie what clowns pay for it on fleabay. Irrelevant. :booty:[/QUOTE]

You do if you want to purchase this game. There are no deals for it to speak seeing as how it's a Gamestop exclusive.

Nintendo's online store had it in stock just a couple of weeks ago. I bought one to go with my cheap ass Black Friday Wii.

[quote name='whoknows']Just looked at completed listings. Didn't know so many people were paying over MSRP for this.[/QUOTE]

When people are buying boxes of Twinkies for $20+ now on E-bay, and even buying them individually wrapped for $4+ each, not much surprises me anymore of what people buy/pay for on ebay.

[quote name='excellen']Checked a month ago and last week, it's always in stock at GS. Like the above poster said, it's just people being uninformed on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I've been checking it through the month of Oct-Nov at Gamestop and it's been out of stock since the end of Oct and almost all of Nov. I was looking to buy it and had to finally just goto a GS store and pick up a used copy. I also checked Nintendo to buy it there and if you go through Nintendo to find it it is apparently not in stock, but if you use google you can get to a Nintendo page that still offers it for sale here http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Xenoblade?storeId=10001
although at this time when you try to buy it there it's giving an error.

[quote name='J7.']I've been checking it through the month of Oct-Nov at Gamestop and it's been out of stock since the end of Oct and almost all of Nov. I was looking to buy it and had to finally just goto a GS store and pick up a used copy. I also checked Nintendo to buy it there and if you go through Nintendo to find it it is apparently not in stock, but if you use google you can get to a Nintendo page that still offers it for sale here http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Xenoblade?storeId=10001
although at this time when you try to buy it there it's giving an error.[/QUOTE]

Yup this just recently came back in stock online within the last week or two.

Most in store copies now are guts. ... Guts everywhere.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Yup this just recently came back in stock online within the last week or two.

Most in store copies now are guts. ... Guts everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I don't buy "new" games from GS.

i am ebay expert and the highest price for Xenoblade listing is $1000 so it is worth $1000, no i don't check complete listing

k thx

[quote name='OregonDealz']Yup this just recently came back in stock online within the last week or two.

Most in store copies now are guts. ... Guts everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes, might partly explain the more recent increase in price on Ebay, since sealed copies were out of stock on gamestop.com for a while. Since gamestop recently restocked it, I was wondering if there was a reprint (I ordered one and it came sealed, not gutted)

[quote name='SteveGo']You do if you want to purchase this game. There are no deals for it to speak seeing as how it's a Gamestop exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Just like Chulip never had any deals since it was a Gamestop exclusive as well... other than dropping to $10 and eventually showing up in large quantities at 5 Below.

[quote name='Tiako']Thats why I don't buy "new" games from GS.[/QUOTE]
This. It pisses me off that only gamestop has this, I didn't know that. Now I have to buy this from a corrupt company....wtf.

[quote name='TimTucker']Just like Chulip never had any deals since it was a Gamestop exclusive as well... other than dropping to $10 and eventually showing up in large quantities at 5 Below.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'm guessing Xenoblade is more in demand than Chulip was.

Eh, imo wii games might or might not get rare , (wii u is backwards compatible so it will help) xenoblade is one of the best rpg this gen and its a wii game . Not suprise if it is sold over 100$

just noticed stock has been going up, from 420 to 730 after about 4 hours. doesnt seem like a reprint, maybe ninty distributed their warehouse copies to stores AND the gamestop.com warehouse

[quote name='GF_Eric']Nintendo's online store had it in stock just a couple of weeks ago. I bought one to go with my cheap ass Black Friday Wii.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It actually was still in stock this weekend at Nintendo with the game alone or bundled with a classic controller. I looked yesterday and didn't see either anymore. Maybe they will restock too?

Is this really that hard to find now?
I got my artbook and game at launch, since then I've seen at least 3 copies at every Gamestop I've been to.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Is this really that hard to find now?
I got my artbook and game at launch, since then I've seen at least 3 copies at every Gamestop I've been to.[/QUOTE]

It went out of stock for a little while on Gamestop.com and Nintendo's online store. The price had spiked on eBay to the $70 or $80 as well. I was never able to find a copy at a Gamestop store that wasn't gutted.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I guess it's time to stop waiting around for a deal and just pick up a copy to play.[/QUOTE]

It's worth every penny. Best JRPG of the last decade in my opinion. I just hope devs take notice of some of the changes to the core JRPG formula that this game made. We need more titles like this one!

[quote name='midloo']It's worth every penny. Best JRPG of the last decade in my opinion. I just hope devs take notice of some of the changes to the core JRPG formula that this game made. We need more titles like this one![/QUOTE]

Hear, hear. I just picked up a second copy because I love it so much.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Eh, imo wii games might or might not get rare , (wii u is backwards compatible so it will help) xenoblade is one of the best rpg this gen and its a wii game . Not suprise if it is sold over 100$[/QUOTE]

They may or may not get rare, but man, are they still expensive. My GF bought me a Wii for my birthday recently and I wanted to build up my library and get some games we both would be able to enjoy. Looking into all of the first party Nintendo developed games, a lot of them are still priced $35-$45!! For example, New Super Mario Bros. has been out for some time, yet its still selling regularly for $45-$50. Same can be said for a bunch of others. Fortunately, I was able to find some games for really cheap (i.e., Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sin and Punishment, Last Story First Print Run) but for games like Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, to name a few, they are pretty high in price.

Fortunately, I was able to snag Xenoblade at a nearby Gamestop for MSRP (blasphemous, I know), but these other games, I just can't seem to find them cheap.

bread's done
Back