Xenoblade Chronicles in stock at GS

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Wow didn't know I was so lucky to get non gutted games from GS online. The fact that this is GS exclusive plus the fact they open all their games is the reason these go for 100 + on ebay at times.

I order another 300 dollars of games to export and I better get sealed copies. If I can't sell them new neither should they be able to sell them as new to me.

#92 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Happy this is back in stock, got my copy today and it was gutted but the disc is in perfect shape and it included everything so I'm still happy. Hate that GameStop sells these games as "new" but I didn't have any issues this time.

Wait, what? The game was a new copy, ordered online, and arrived as an opened copy?!
www.bighugenerd.com

#93 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I ordered a copy from gamestop.com recently and it came sealed. They do sometimes send gutted copies, though (happened with a few older titles). They don't even bother to put those circular seals on the case. Yet, I am still able to return the gutted copies to my local store w/o any problems after explaining that I expected to get a sealed game since it was online. I also make sure I used the free value shipping, since shipping is non-refundable.

Edited by bruceg, 13 December 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#94 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I ordered a copy from gamestop.com recently and it came sealed. They do sometimes send gutted copies, though (happened with a few older titles). They don't even bother to put those circular seals on the case. Yet, I am still able to return the gutted copies to my local store w/o any problems after explaining that I expected to get a sealed game since it was online.

If I still had my wii and I got a gutted copy online.. I would play it then return it. Its only fair because that is what the employees do to us.

I remember way back in the day I bought an mmo that was "new"

The fuckers activated the game and put it back on the shelf as new..

#95 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

The whole need for gutted games is useless anyway. Who the hell even goes around stores looking at display cases on the shelves in the first place? 9/10 people know what they want when they are going in and the others can just ask the employee and they will get the game for you. All you can see on the back of a game box are like two pictures anyway. Hardly enough to make a decision.

The only people in Gamestops I ever see look at the display cases are little 5 year old kids with moms who know nothing about games. I'm sure they'd survive if they stopped gutting games for display cases. If you need something to fill the walls, then just use promo printouts or cards. I think display cases are one of those old school things that are still hanging around just because someone is too lazy to change. There really is no need for it anymore.

#96 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

The whole need for gutted games is useless anyway.

See, this is what's always bothered me. You're saying that the largest game retailer chain in the world can't get game publishers to run them off a batch of case sleeves to use as PROMOTIONAL items for their games? I could understand GameStop not wanting to use the bad photocopied sleeves they use as pre-sale promo once the game comes out (it doesn't have any of the flavor text, photos, # of player info, etc. the retail box would), but it's really silly that they have to gut games. It's just being cheap. GameStop would rather save $1-2 per title per store and gut the games than pay the publisher for some sleeves...

#97 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

See, this is what's always bothered me. You're saying that the largest game retailer chain in the world can't get game publishers to run them off a batch of case sleeves to use as PROMOTIONAL items for their games? I could understand GameStop not wanting to use the bad photocopied sleeves they use as pre-sale promo once the game comes out (it doesn't have any of the flavor text, photos, # of player info, etc. the retail box would), but it's really silly that they have to gut games. It's just being cheap. GameStop would rather save $1-2 per title per store and gut the games than pay the publisher for some sleeves...

I went to Gamestop and bought Xenoblade before this reprint (?) and asked why the hell they had like 10 cases for it on the shelf and was told that "Nintendo pays for it". That sounds like bullshit since we all know that Gamestop paid Nintendo...

#98 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Is the game not on Nintendo's website anymore? It was on there in addition to GameStop at launch.

#99 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Is the game not on Nintendo's website anymore? It was on there in addition to GameStop at launch.

It's been OOS there for at least 2 weeks.

#100 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

They are also cheap for not selling the gutted games as used like other stores like Best Buy would.

#101 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

This is CAG son. We don't do MSRP. And we don't give a rat's patootie what clowns pay for it on fleabay. Irrelevant. :booty:

I love your sig. So much.
Posted Image

#102 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Got mine today and it came factory sealed. I was worried I was going to get a gutted copy.

#103 Wetrix

Wetrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Got mine today and it came factory sealed. I was worried I was going to get a gutted copy.

Lucky... my brother ordered one for him and I and we got ripped off. Bent and opened... yeah, back to Gamestop they go.

#104 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

I went to Gamestop and bought Xenoblade before this reprint (?) and asked why the hell they had like 10 cases for it on the shelf and was told that "Nintendo pays for it". That sounds like bullshit since we all know that Gamestop paid Nintendo...

Actually... with some store marketing, certain companies sometimes DO pay for shelf space. In my experience at working with EB before, we never got those oversized boxes (and not a lot of promo sleeves either) that you put together. So, an entire shelf had to be filled with whatever company purchased that section, and put up NEW titles. Marketing required us to gut X amount of that company's games to put out, facing forward. They purchased that space, so they should know what goes on there, after all.
In your case, was it something like that, or were they spine-out, sitting on the shelf like that? I also recall having to gut TWO of every Vita game during launch (at Gamestop), because marketing required that all stores do that.

#105 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Is this still in stock? I'm thinking about going to pick this in a week or two.

I'm still wondering why gamestop hasn't been put on blast cause of this. I remember buying Maverick Hunter a fews years back and they didn't have any sealed ones. So the guys sell me a "new" copy and I tried returning it a few days back and the same guy remembered me and told me he can't accept the game because I opened it. I was pissed ass hell. I barely shop at gamestop now and it's a bitch knowing they get some cool pre orders bonuses.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635