FREE PC GAME: Eryi’s Action

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/get-eryis-action-absolutely-free/

If, over the next seven days, Eryi’s Action gains 1000 votes and favourites, Nyu Media will release 1000 codes to us to share with you via our Facebook and Twitter pages. If you want one, you’ll have to keep an eye on our pages for updates as they’ll be distributed on a first come first serve basis. You really can’t say fairer than that can you!

Worth a vote, still have to hound their pages later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing a quick google image search, it makes me wonder why only 1000 copies are free. By my admittedly premature looks at it via screenshots, it seems like it should be free to all.

[quote name='Wario64']Not really free. I hate that devs are begging for votes like this[/QUOTE]

Not really any different than an Ipod App that goes free for the first week so people will play it, write reviews, vote for it, and then they can sell it better. I don't see anything wrong with a giveaway like this.

[quote name='callmewoof']Not really any different than an Ipod App that goes free for the first week so people will play it, write reviews, vote for it, and then they can sell it better. I don't see anything wrong with a giveaway like this.[/QUOTE]

Except a review is not required for free iOS apps, not sure how that is a comparison

Can I download this game on Steam right now?

Judging from the Greenlight trailer, the game sure does seem hard, but not necessarily good. It's less polished than Doc Clock in terms of visuals. Some of these things look like they were straight copied from Final Fantasy or Super Mario Bros. I wouldn't pay $5 for it normally. I guess the amount of content it has will determine whether it makes it to Steam or stays on Newgrounds.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So if you get 1000 votes you will release a list of codes to facebook and twitter?[/QUOTE]

I think this setup sucks. Basically it's a free for all and there is no guarantee the people who vote now (or have voted previously) will get any codes unless they are in the right place at the right time on Facebook.

For the record I already voted and favorited this game on Greenlight a while back when it first got posted.

I admit. This was selfish of me. I just want the free game. Good? Not good? FREE. So if I already upvoted I want as many people as possible upvoting. Did I mention I like free yet?

[quote name='Smashbro29']I admit. This was selfish of me. I just want the free game. Good? Not good? FREE. So if I already upvoted I want as many people as possible upvoting. Did I mention I like free yet?[/QUOTE]

You need to clarify in the OP how this works. You make it sound like the first 1000 people who vote will get a code which is NOT the case.

It looks like a fun game, but I probably won't be lucky enough to grab a key with work and all, and not being able to access the codes or input them during work. Oh well, still upvoted it.

[quote name='Motoki']You need to clarify in the OP how this works. You make it sound like the first 1000 people who vote will get a code which is NOT the case.[/QUOTE]

Done.

[quote name='Motoki']I think this setup sucks. Basically it's a free for all and there is no guarantee the people who vote now (or have voted previously) will get any codes unless they are in the right place at the right time on Facebook.

For the record I already voted and favorited this game on Greenlight a while back when it first got posted.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also voted/favorited it when it was first posted. I wish they'd have done something similar to what the mcpixel guy did. He had a Pay What You Want scheme which has a high success rate of getting your game greenlit. I'd rather pay a dollar or so rather than miss out when they post 1,000 keys randomly on facebook/twitter.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Code drops aren't deals. I would still be happy to see them but future code drops are even less dealish.[/QUOTE]

I jumped the gun and posted thinking people would personally get a code.

[quote name='Bosamba']Requires being able to access Steam Greenlight to vote.[/QUOTE]

So, that's pretty much everybody, right?

[quote name='Wario64']I'm gonna bet you that they don't even release the codes to begin with, even if it gets the votes[/QUOTE]

As long as they don't post a lie about how the codes were ready but their apartment got broken into and all the codes got stolen along with all their electronics and Steam account and they will try to talk to Gmail or Steam about replacing the stolen codes since they didn't send them with any signature requirement and left them in the middle of the apartment in a non-secure location.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']As long as they don't post a lie about how the codes were ready but their apartment got broken into and all the codes got stolen along with all their electronics and Steam account and they will try to talk to Gmail or Steam about replacing the stolen codes since they didn't send them with any signature requirement and left them in the middle of the apartment in a non-secure location.[/QUOTE]

*snig...err, sniCKers*

[quote name='The End']You got a Code? A code for what? The game hasn't been greelighted yet.

At least, there's no indication that it has been greenlighred on the greelight page. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915524[/QUOTE]

It's not a steam code, it's a 100% off discount code for the game here:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=7484/3&CLR=0&PRODUCTID=74840008

More info here:
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/get-your-free-games-right-here/

I figure that if the game is eventually greenlighted, I'll probably get a steam code for having bought (for free) it from the devs.

[quote name='Wario64']I bet they're codes to download the DRM free version since they are giving out codes now[/QUOTE]

Yup, DRM free. I can confirm

I played this demo a few months back and thought it was hilariously awesome.

It's kind of like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR0HhI-nG6c

but there are some parts where there's a "puzzle" element where you have to figure out a way to get past a section.

I only got to the 3rd level and by that time, I was down to -37 lives.

I played with my friend who is an "old-school" gamer (like me) that appreciates platformers, and has a weird sense of humor. This was right up both our alleys.

I'm still at the first puzzle where they tell you to go to a site to get keys, but then they tell you they are out of keys. I might need to level up first and try it again.

[quote name='jatan11t']It's not a steam code, it's a 100% off discount code for the game here:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=7484/3&CLR=0&PRODUCTID=74840008

More info here:
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/get-your-free-games-right-here/

I figure that if the game is eventually greenlighted, I'll probably get a steam code for having bought (for free) it from the devs.[/QUOTE]

Oh I guess I didn't really pay too close attention to the OP. For some reason I thought we were being promised steam keys if it got 1000 votes on greelight. My bad.

bread's done
Back