Playstation Plus 12 month membership $39.99 (normally $49.99) @EBAY

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I received a Playstation Plus 3 month membership for my birthday and now I'm hooked. Free games every other week, 24-hour trials of full releases, discounts, cloud game saves, and betas.. and it now extends to the Vita as well.

Note that this is an eBay buy-it-now for 12 stackable 1-month codes. You can stack additional months at any time, and they tack onto the end of your subscription: PlayStation Plus - 12 month (12 30-day codes) Subscription Code

One year normally sells for $49.99 ($4.16/month) or 3 months for $17.99 ($5.99/month). The $39.99 12-month comes out to $3.33/month.

Here are the current free offerings:
psplusdec2012.jpg

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Not a bad deal. These never go on sale (except famous errors recounted numerous times in this site). Seller appears to be legit too.

[quote name='Wario64']Who is the seller?[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of the seller, but the previous feedback looks good with several of these plus membership transactions. I purchased just now and am waiting for the codes.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Twelve 30-day codes, most likely pulled from controller or system bundles... hmm. I'll pass on this one.[/QUOTE]
That or they just got a whole bunch of free codes from the IGN promotion.

As crazy as this sounds... i may just buy my full year from psn.. i really like what sony is doing with the free games and I would like to show support through giving them full payment

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']As crazy as this sounds... i may just buy my full year from psn.. i really like what sony is doing with the free games and I would like to show support through giving them full payment[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, but I'll support the program by buying some plus-discounted PSN games.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']As crazy as this sounds... i may just buy my full year from psn.. i really like what sony is doing with the free games and I would like to show support through giving them full payment[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with you. And you are correct that on this site that sounds crazy.

darn i thought it is a one 12 month card. Entering 12 long a** codes is a pain, might as well get one from GS for 10$ more and you get to keep a ps+ remembrance too lol.
EDIT: The good thing about this though is you can split it with someone else. 6mos for 20$ is pretty good.

[quote name='rbanez']darn i thought it is a one 12 month card. Entering 12 long a** codes is a pain, might as well get one from GS for 10$ more and you get to keep a ps+ remembrance too lol.
EDIT: The good thing about this though is you can split it with someone else. 6mos for 20$ is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

You can copy/paste the redemption codes at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

[quote name='iamthekiller']You can copy/paste the redemption codes at sonyentertainmentnetwork.com[/QUOTE]

woah never knew that, thanks for that.

You can't redeem PS+ on SEN.

Also, this guy must be selling promo codes that he got somewhere for free if it's 12 one month codes

I'm curious what Sony is going to do when the PS4 comes out and if everything you've gotten so far will transfer over to the new system when the time comes. I want to say the answer is 'Yes' since the Vita has gotten PS+ but it would be sweet if we could carry over our free games when the time comes.

PS+ does that only apply to one PS3 account or does everyone using the console get to play the free games too? If I would have to buy a PS+ sub for me and two more for both of my kids, the value definitely wouldn't be there. But if one PS+ sub lets us all play the free games, that would be great.

[quote name='xcefkevin']I'm curious what Sony is going to do when the PS4 comes out and if everything you've gotten so far will transfer over to the new system when the time comes. I want to say the answer is 'Yes' since the Vita has gotten PS+ but it would be sweet if we could carry over our free games when the time comes.[/QUOTE]

The rumors seem to suggest Sony is stepping away from the Cell processor in the PS4. It seem that there's little to no chance that the PS4 will be backwards compatible with the PS3 out of the box.

[quote name='crunchewy']PS+ does that only apply to one PS3 account or does everyone using the console get to play the free games too?[/QUOTE]

From the PS+ FAQ:
You need to be the master account holder on the PS3 and be over 18 to purchase PlayStation Plus, but other accounts on that PS3 will be able to play the games you download for as long as you are a subscriber.

I would love to jump on PS+ but I have so many games I haven't played / beaten yet that I'd just go crazy w/ a digital library on the PS3 that I haven't touched.

^ To further elaborate on the above, just like any purchased game...the "purchasing" profile must be on the system in order for the games to be playable. For ex:

You have two profiles on your account:

Profile 1 - Master
Profile 2 - Sub-Account

If profile 1 purchased the games, as long as Profile 1 remains on the system, profile 2 can always access and play the games. If you were to delete profile 1 at any time and tried to play the games on profile 2, you'll get an error.

[quote name='RainFall']This guy is def selling codes scammed from IGN or codes pulled from retail games.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean referenced at http://www.gamepodunk.com/_/industr...tally-makes-playstation-plus-dirt-cheap-r1500

...but they'd still be legitimate codes, despite IGN being fucking stupid with how they distributed them. Somebody's gotta redeem them.

If they're the cards from inside retail game boxes, those are still legit and stackable.

[quote name='Downhome']The price shows up at $44.99 for me now.[/QUOTE]

Of course, he's getting free advertisement

Dont buy this codes, first your buying scammed codes from ign, second you have to put 12 fucking codes which takes lot of time and no you cant copy and paste them on soe, third your not supporting sony, dont cry when you see the quality of games go down, just compare EU vs US PLUS, and last op is a $$$.

[quote name='rioskenny']Dont buy this codes, first your buying scammed codes from ign, second you have to put 12 fucking codes which takes lot of time and no you cant copy and paste them on soe, third your not supporting sony, dont cry when you see the quality of games go down, just compare EU vs US PLUS, and last op is a $$$.[/QUOTE]

Blow me. I saw a deal and posted it. Blame IGN for their shitty code distribution system if that's indeed where the codes came from.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Blow me. I saw a deal and posted it. Blame IGN for their shitty code distribution system if that's indeed where the codes came from.[/QUOTE]
The only reason you should have taken offense to his comment was if you were, in fact, the seller. Otherwise his comment wasn't in anyway a shot at you. I think you need to chill out if people questioning a deal you shared bothers you this much.

[quote name='rioskenny']Dont buy this codes, first your buying scammed codes from ign, second you have to put 12 fucking codes which takes lot of time and no you cant copy and paste them on soe, third your not supporting sony, dont cry when you see the quality of games go down, just compare EU vs US PLUS, and last op is a $$$.[/QUOTE]

As for your comment, I understand where you're coming from but my stance is: I'd rather pay an opportunistic thief less money than pay a faceless mega-corporation more. Maybe it'll help bring attention to the way IGN handles it's codes. They shouldn't be getting any more beta codes or freebie codes if this is the best they can do.

[quote name='Wario64']Someone must have reported it, lol

I don't think auctions just vanish into thin air like that[/QUOTE]
Technically it is against ebay policy to sell product codes. Not that they enforce it very strictly at all.

[quote name='Woocls']Technically it is against ebay policy to sell product codes. Not that they enforce it very strictly at all.[/QUOTE]

Yep, which means someone probably snitched, lol

I cancelled my order. It got to me that I should actually be supporting PS+ since I'd like to see the service I use regularly stay alive, so I bought direct from Sony. I do see the auction is completely gone now though - yikes.

There are some good guys in this thread, assuming they're being honest. PS+ is such an amazing deal, Sony definitely deserves every cent of that $50 subscription fee, and it's nice to see others are making a conscious effort to make sure Sony gets as much revenue from PS+ as is possible.

I ordered this and feel kind of guilty now. When I saw it was individual months, I liked the idea of splitting it up into a bunch if Christmas gifts.

Now that it had been pulled, anyone know what happened to my order? I saw the seller left me positive feedback, by Ebay won't let me even see the order now. Any advice (beyond doing a little more research on the deals I see)?

[quote name='tylerh1701']There are some good guys in this thread, assuming they're being honest. PS+ is such an amazing deal, Sony definitely deserves every cent of that $50 subscription fee, and it's nice to see others are making a conscious effort to make sure Sony gets as much revenue from PS+ as is possible.[/QUOTE]

This. Sony has really reached out to try and provide something that people want. Big faceless heartless proprietary format loving monsters that they are, they've really made something that's good for consumers and reasonably priced. I'll happily renew direct for as long as they continue the program.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Blow me. I saw a deal and posted it. Blame IGN for their shitty code distribution system if that's indeed where the codes came from.[/QUOTE]

Don't post scam auctions like this garbage here again. As others have said, these kinds of "code-only", 1-month code auctions are always bogus. And Sony makes NO money from this kind of crap, way to screw them over as well. Idiot.

[quote name='mxmarks']I ordered this and feel kind of guilty now. When I saw it was individual months, I liked the idea of splitting it up into a bunch if Christmas gifts.

Now that it had been pulled, anyone know what happened to my order? I saw the seller left me positive feedback, by Ebay won't let me even see the order now. Any advice (beyond doing a little more research on the deals I see)?[/QUOTE]

These kinds of "code-only" auctions on EBay are always bogus. Either the 1-month codes are originally free promotional codes, or stolen/generated codes. EBay doesn't allow auctions where codes are emailed to the auction winners, they require physical cards to be sent instead. Make sure your funds weren't tapped for the auction, if so file a charge back. Don't buy codes from unknown sellers like this (regardless of feedback). Sony doesn't get any money from this kind of garbage, sadly. Just the scam sellers make money.

Who's really getting screwed over? Sony gets more Plus subs and more people to buy their product through word of mouth and excellent discounts. There are tons of games that i've been on the fence about then end up buying because of the Plus discount.

[quote name='jwk94']Who's really getting screwed over? Sony gets more Plus subs and more people to buy their product through word of mouth and excellent discounts. There are tons of games that i've been on the fence about then end up buying because of the Plus discount.[/QUOTE]

Crappy way to rationalize buying promo codes; if people keep scamming Sony, there won't be any great services like PS+ in the future. They make no money from this kind of trash. Sad that you don't care about it, I guess you weren't brought up to recognize how wrong stealing really is.

I got all excited till I read the OP and saw its a bunch of one month codes. Instantly too risky for me. Especially for such a small discount. If it was like $20 for a year sub then we might be talking.

I've been looking for the past year or so and haven't seen any discount at all on one year subs. I may end up paying the full $50 in February when my sub expires with no extra bonus like the free Jurassic Park a while ago (knew I should have bought another year then but I thought those kinds of deals would continue and I could get a game I'm more interested in).

You know what I'd like to see? A Playstation Plus discount on Playstation Plus subs. Too meta?

[quote name='chimpmeister']Crappy way to rationalize buying promo codes; if people keep scamming Sony, there won't be any great services like PS+ in the future. They make no money from this kind of trash. Sad that you don't care about it, I guess you weren't brought up to recognize how wrong stealing really is.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Dramatic much? Ever torrented anything bud? Or downloaded a rom? etc.?

Regardless, Sony's policies this gen particularly with the Vita (only 1 ID per system w/o switching memory cards wtf?) and sub-accounts (can't become master account, can't play PS+ games from master account on Vita) and overpriced proprietary memory etc. more than cancel out any goodwill they may deserve from the PS+ service.

:cold::cold::cold: Chill out. :cold::cold::cold:

well you could just go to Target with the $10 GC coupon if you spend $50...
then it's basically $40....

just a thought...

[quote name='donut']well you could just go to Target with the $10 GC coupon if you spend $50...
then it's basically $40....

just a thought...[/QUOTE]

Kind of. But then I still have to spend the full $50. Almost better to buy one from Amazon and use the $5 off $25+ coupon just to get the immediate savings. Not a bad alternative though.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Crappy way to rationalize buying promo codes; if people keep scamming Sony, there won't be any great services like PS+ in the future. They make no money from this kind of trash. Sad that you don't care about it, I guess you weren't brought up to recognize how wrong stealing really is.[/QUOTE]
I think you're being way too judgemental here. If Sony wasn't interested in giving away free months of plus then they wouldn't have.... GIVEN THEM AWAY! They're free codes! Just cause someone wants to turn them into profit doesn't suddenly negate the fact that sony gave them away.

[quote name='Woocls']I think you're being way too judgemental here. If Sony wasn't interested in giving away free months of plus then they wouldn't have.... GIVEN THEM AWAY! They're free codes! Just cause someone wants to turn them into profit doesn't suddenly negate the fact that sony gave them away.[/QUOTE]

1) Buying codes from some scumbag on Ebay doesn't benefit Sony at all. Especially since they were SUPPOSED to be FREE 1-month promo codes.

2) Ebay doesn't allow "code-emailed" auctions for this very reason, but their enforcement is weak at best.

3) Sometimes these "code-only" auctions, or websites (of which there are plenty as well), use exploits or steal the codes; again just stealing from Sony and MS.

4) Supporting this kind of theft is just going to assure that things like PS+, which has huge benefits (free games, huge discounts, etc.) will be scaled back or eliminated.

No matter how you "rationalize" it being OK, it isn't. If we all want benefits like PS+ to continue, we shouldn't support these kinds of sleazy auctions/websites. If you don't care, by all means go for it. I won't.

These aren't emailed codes. I'm waiting to see how this plays out, but I got a tracking number today.

I stool regret doing this, but hope I get the physical codes in the mail...

bread's done
Back