Playstation Plus 12 month membership $39.99 (normally $49.99) @EBAY

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Technically it is against ebay policy to sell product codes. Not that they enforce it very strictly at all.

Yep, which means someone probably snitched, lol

#32 iamthekiller

iamthekiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I cancelled my order. It got to me that I should actually be supporting PS+ since I'd like to see the service I use regularly stay alive, so I bought direct from Sony. I do see the auction is completely gone now though - yikes.

#33 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

There are some good guys in this thread, assuming they're being honest. PS+ is such an amazing deal, Sony definitely deserves every cent of that $50 subscription fee, and it's nice to see others are making a conscious effort to make sure Sony gets as much revenue from PS+ as is possible.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#34 mxmarks

mxmarks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

I ordered this and feel kind of guilty now. When I saw it was individual months, I liked the idea of splitting it up into a bunch if Christmas gifts.

Now that it had been pulled, anyone know what happened to my order? I saw the seller left me positive feedback, by Ebay won't let me even see the order now. Any advice (beyond doing a little more research on the deals I see)?

#35 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

There are some good guys in this thread, assuming they're being honest. PS+ is such an amazing deal, Sony definitely deserves every cent of that $50 subscription fee, and it's nice to see others are making a conscious effort to make sure Sony gets as much revenue from PS+ as is possible.

This. Sony has really reached out to try and provide something that people want. Big faceless heartless proprietary format loving monsters that they are, they've really made something that's good for consumers and reasonably priced. I'll happily renew direct for as long as they continue the program.

#36 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

This is a really good deal if it's legit.
Posted Image

#37 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Blow me. I saw a deal and posted it. Blame IGN for their shitty code distribution system if that's indeed where the codes came from.

Don't post scam auctions like this garbage here again. As others have said, these kinds of "code-only", 1-month code auctions are always bogus. And Sony makes NO money from this kind of crap, way to screw them over as well. Idiot.

#38 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I ordered this and feel kind of guilty now. When I saw it was individual months, I liked the idea of splitting it up into a bunch if Christmas gifts.

Now that it had been pulled, anyone know what happened to my order? I saw the seller left me positive feedback, by Ebay won't let me even see the order now. Any advice (beyond doing a little more research on the deals I see)?

These kinds of "code-only" auctions on EBay are always bogus. Either the 1-month codes are originally free promotional codes, or stolen/generated codes. EBay doesn't allow auctions where codes are emailed to the auction winners, they require physical cards to be sent instead. Make sure your funds weren't tapped for the auction, if so file a charge back. Don't buy codes from unknown sellers like this (regardless of feedback). Sony doesn't get any money from this kind of garbage, sadly. Just the scam sellers make money.

#39 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Who's really getting screwed over? Sony gets more Plus subs and more people to buy their product through word of mouth and excellent discounts. There are tons of games that i've been on the fence about then end up buying because of the Plus discount.

#40 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Who's really getting screwed over? Sony gets more Plus subs and more people to buy their product through word of mouth and excellent discounts. There are tons of games that i've been on the fence about then end up buying because of the Plus discount.

Crappy way to rationalize buying promo codes; if people keep scamming Sony, there won't be any great services like PS+ in the future. They make no money from this kind of trash. Sad that you don't care about it, I guess you weren't brought up to recognize how wrong stealing really is.

#41 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I got all excited till I read the OP and saw its a bunch of one month codes. Instantly too risky for me. Especially for such a small discount. If it was like $20 for a year sub then we might be talking.

I've been looking for the past year or so and haven't seen any discount at all on one year subs. I may end up paying the full $50 in February when my sub expires with no extra bonus like the free Jurassic Park a while ago (knew I should have bought another year then but I thought those kinds of deals would continue and I could get a game I'm more interested in).

You know what I'd like to see? A Playstation Plus discount on Playstation Plus subs. Too meta?

#42 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Crappy way to rationalize buying promo codes; if people keep scamming Sony, there won't be any great services like PS+ in the future. They make no money from this kind of trash. Sad that you don't care about it, I guess you weren't brought up to recognize how wrong stealing really is.

Wow! Dramatic much? Ever torrented anything bud? Or downloaded a rom? etc.?

Regardless, Sony's policies this gen particularly with the Vita (only 1 ID per system w/o switching memory cards wtf?) and sub-accounts (can't become master account, can't play PS+ games from master account on Vita) and overpriced proprietary memory etc. more than cancel out any goodwill they may deserve from the PS+ service.

:cold::cold::cold: Chill out. :cold::cold::cold:

#43 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

well you could just go to Target with the $10 GC coupon if you spend $50...
then it's basically $40....

just a thought...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#44 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

well you could just go to Target with the $10 GC coupon if you spend $50...
then it's basically $40....

just a thought...

Kind of. But then I still have to spend the full $50. Almost better to buy one from Amazon and use the $5 off $25+ coupon just to get the immediate savings. Not a bad alternative though.

#45 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

Custom Title!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Can someone say more about this target 10 dollar gc? Ive been looking on the internets and cant find anything
Posted ImageSome PS Vita and Wii stuff for trade/sale

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=216495

#46 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I think you're being way too judgemental here. If Sony wasn't interested in giving away free months of plus then they wouldn't have.... GIVEN THEM AWAY! They're free codes! Just cause someone wants to turn them into profit doesn't suddenly negate the fact that sony gave them away.

#47 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I think you're being way too judgemental here. If Sony wasn't interested in giving away free months of plus then they wouldn't have.... GIVEN THEM AWAY! They're free codes! Just cause someone wants to turn them into profit doesn't suddenly negate the fact that sony gave them away.

1) Buying codes from some scumbag on Ebay doesn't benefit Sony at all. Especially since they were SUPPOSED to be FREE 1-month promo codes.

2) Ebay doesn't allow "code-emailed" auctions for this very reason, but their enforcement is weak at best.

3) Sometimes these "code-only" auctions, or websites (of which there are plenty as well), use exploits or steal the codes; again just stealing from Sony and MS.

4) Supporting this kind of theft is just going to assure that things like PS+, which has huge benefits (free games, huge discounts, etc.) will be scaled back or eliminated.

No matter how you "rationalize" it being OK, it isn't. If we all want benefits like PS+ to continue, we shouldn't support these kinds of sleazy auctions/websites. If you don't care, by all means go for it. I won't.

#48 mxmarks

mxmarks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

These aren't emailed codes. I'm waiting to see how this plays out, but I got a tracking number today.

I stool regret doing this, but hope I get the physical codes in the mail...

#49 AznKid

AznKid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Can someone say more about this target 10 dollar gc? Ive been looking on the internets and cant find anything

I think he was referring to this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333714

#50 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Target GC deal isn't really $10 off (at least not off of $50 - it's $10 off of more than $60, perhaps a fair bit more than $60), but still not a bad option.
Posted Image

#51 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Target GC deal isn't really $10 off (at least not off of $50 - it's $10 off of more than $60, perhaps a fair bit more than $60), but still not a bad option.

???? spend $50 and they hand you a $10 Gift card, how it that $60?

HMMM, can one use the $50 playstation network card to renew your palystation +?
If so, Amazon is giving a $5 credit towards future game purchase...
So possibly, get the FB facebook $5 credit code,
buy the PS network card $50 ($45 with FB code) + (with future -$5)
and renew...

just a lil more time for another $5...
I admit to being an Amazon junky...

#52 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

HMMM, can one use the $50 playstation network card to renew your palystation +?
If so, Amazon is giving a $5 credit towards future game purchase...
So possibly, get the FB facebook $5 credit code,
buy the PS network card $50 ($45 with FB code) + (with future -$5)
and renew...

just a lil more time for another $5...
I admit to being an Amazon junky...

I don't think that Amazon code works on digital content like PSN cards.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#53 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

To answer one of your questions You can use a 50 buck card to pay for PS Plus.

#54 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

To answer one of your questions You can use a 50 buck card to pay for PS Plus.

Thanks, so with one more step, Amazon is $40 (i'm confident the $5 FB promo code WILL work)...
but I was not charged tax last year at Target (shop there a bunch)...
so with the coupon/$10 GC... $40 there also (IMO... yes you do need to spend $50 upfront) ....

ooooo and what if Target would pm the TRU 10% off and buy the psn $50 card for $45.... lol the possibilities! damn, wish I bought more than 3 of these PS+ year cards on sale at Target last year.... bah sold them to coworkers for the deal...ah well, they were happy....

#55 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Stealing? Do you know how much money i've spent on PS+ this year? hundreds of dollars because of those discounts.

#56 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Because you need to buy at least $10 more worth of stuff to actually "get" the $10 off. It's, at best, $10 off of $60. Not $10 off of $50. And it's basically impossible to get it to be exactly $60 so it's going to be $10 off of more than $60.

Reason it's impossible: you need to spend $50 or more to get the gift card, but nothing is exactly $50. $49.99 isn't enough. You need to spend more than $50 just to get the gift card. Then you've got a $10 gift card but it's impossible to find anything for exactly $10 (let alone something you want), so you're going to have to buy something worth more than $10.
Posted Image

#57 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Because you need to buy at least $10 more worth of stuff to actually "get" the $10 off. It's, at best, $10 off of $60. Not $10 off of $50. And it's basically impossible to get it to be exactly $60 so it's going to be $10 off of more than $60.

Reason it's impossible: you need to spend $50 or more to get the gift card, but nothing is exactly $50. $49.99 isn't enough. You need to spend more than $50 just to get the gift card. Then you've got a $10 gift card but it's impossible to find anything for exactly $10 (let alone something you want), so you're going to have to buy something worth more than $10.

lol fair enough $49.99 plus a banana?
Receive a $10 GC to spend on anything.....:roll:
anything you might buy in a normal day/week (you don't have to spend it right away)... unless mommy/daddy buy everything else a Target sells for ya....

buy meh, I'm gonna see if they'll pm TRU later tonight on a $50 PSN card (since there is no tax, I'll be at $35 (IMO....)

#58 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

The rumors seem to suggest Sony is stepping away from the Cell processor in the PS4. It seem that there's little to no chance that the PS4 will be backwards compatible with the PS3 out of the box.

I hope that is not the case, otherwise then it will be years before I jump ship cause of the backlog :-#

#59 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

1) Buying codes from some scumbag on Ebay doesn't benefit Sony at all. Especially since they were SUPPOSED to be FREE 1-month promo codes.

2) Ebay doesn't allow "code-emailed" auctions for this very reason, but their enforcement is weak at best.

3) Sometimes these "code-only" auctions, or websites (of which there are plenty as well), use exploits or steal the codes; again just stealing from Sony and MS.

4) Supporting this kind of theft is just going to assure that things like PS+, which has huge benefits (free games, huge discounts, etc.) will be scaled back or eliminated.

No matter how you "rationalize" it being OK, it isn't. If we all want benefits like PS+ to continue, we shouldn't support these kinds of sleazy auctions/websites. If you don't care, by all means go for it. I won't.

Sigh...
1) Neither does using the free codes as intended.
2)False, Ebay doesn't allow these type of sales because it's impossible to verify if someone used the code before or after it was sent. So it's too easy to scam someone.
3) If so then MS or Sony needs to step up their security. If these sellers can do it so can a lot of other people and that'll hurt Sony a lot more than me purchasing a year of PS+ off this guy.
4. They make more than enough off of the people who buy discounted games and other promotions. Plus, it gets people with multiple systems more interested in playing PS3 games. Seriously, I only used my PS3 as a blu-ray player for a solid year before I got PS+. (And I bought my PS3 used so they didn't even earn that off me)

#60 jusinjusin

jusinjusin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Got mine in the mail today. Picture