Gamestop TEKKEN Hybrid Limited Edition $20

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

got one for in store pick up. i'll think about this since I dont think I want the game really at all.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#32 tengikboy

tengikboy

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

do not buy this, except if you want to play tekken tag tournament 1 on HD, but thats it.
TTT2 is a way better game and you got more out of it, i got my TTT2 for $25 in walmart BF
hardly this is a good deal, even if its CE

and i am a tekken fan

#33 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Dammit, I dunno why I picked one up from my local GS. Not sure if I want to return it or not.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#34 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Tempted I love me some CE I dont have a ps3 though. This might just stay sealed in its sexy box tho.

#35 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Dammit, I dunno why I picked one up from my local GS. Not sure if I want to return it or not.

This an HD remake. If you want an HD remake buy it. If you dont want an HD remake with extras dont. You can't think of this as something new but you should think about it as an HD remake with CE extras. Is it worth 20 to you?

#36 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

I actully liked the first TT gameplay & minigames and I don't really play online so....

HD Remake Game -$9.99 value
Double CD - $7.49 value
Book - $1.49 value
Movie - $.99 value
Demo - $.00 value
Home content - "value-less-less"

Having a PS3 exclusive CE on the cheap seems worth it at this price.

#37 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Aww, the dlc is no longer valid ? Not worth it to me any more than :(

no steel case either right ?

#38 atreyu25

atreyu25

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Personally, as a Tekken fan, I see it as a great value for $20 bucks. If you like tekken at all, especially around the tekken 3/tag era, this is a must buy if you don't have a ps2 and tekken tag or a launch ps3. (Tekken Tag doesn't run well on the 80gb backwards compatible ps3).

The package includes an 80 page hardcover artbook. 50 pages are dedicated to the movie. It also includes interviews with the makers on how amazing this terrible movie was thought up. 20 pages are for tekken tag 1, and 10 pages for tekken tag 2 prologue.

Tekken Tag 1 is a fully unlocked port of the ps2 game.

Tekken Tag 2 prologue is a tekken tag 2 demo which includes Devil Kazuya (can't transform into Kazuya), Devil Jin, Alisa, and Ling in their exclusive costumes from the movie. Pretty much this was exciting news back then, but not anymore. Although it's still pretty cool looking at the exclusive costumes in game.

The ps3 home content was supposed to be a few tekken shirts and ling costumes with alisa's costume as well. Alisa's costume included an exclusive rocket punch animation.

The real star of this package is the soundtrack. They are not complete soundtracks, but it was nice to hear the tag 2 songs before the game came out. First disk is dedicated to tekken tag 1. All the songs are the console version, so don't expect the arcade mixes. The second disk includes most of the stage music from the second game.

The movie is the 3d/2d version. blah blah, hardly any special features. One thing that people might not appreciate is you need to install the games/demos if you want to play them. And even so, you still need the disk.

For 20 bucks, it's a very good deal. I bought it when it came out for 60 bucks, and even then i thought it was a great deal.

PS. no steel case

#39 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

I love fighters. I buy like every LE for every fighter that comes out and even I couldn't justify buying this junk.

#40 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Ps3 dlc cards often expire. In fact there is a thread dedicated to it. link to CAG. Don't know how up to date it is.

Wow someone saw the thread! I started it with more community support in mind, but I've only gotten a few people to help out. :lol: I still think it is a good idea...

#41 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I picked this up for $29.99 about two weeks ago but haven't opened it. Does GameStop let you do return/rebuy of an unopened item? I should still have the receipt around here.

ach.png

#42 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

I picked this up for $29.99 about two weeks ago but haven't opened it. Does GameStop let you do return/rebuy of an unopened item? I should still have the receipt around here.

I don't see why not. There should be plenty of copies around for you to buy though as this doesn't seem to very popular. The box that holds everything is also a cheap piece of crap.

#43 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Bought a sealed copy and the box was still fucked

#44 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Gamestop's return policy for new still sealed games are 30 days, so you should be fine.

I don't see why not. There should be plenty of copies around for you to buy though as this doesn't seem to very popular. The box that holds everything is also a cheap piece of crap.

Bought a sealed copy and the box was still fucked

My was perfect, so it just depends on where the GS employee store their CEs and what not.

They're usually supposed to be in a specific CE/LE/SE cabinet, and shouldn't be store in one of the drawers since it might get crushed, but of course not all employees are going to have the presence of mind to give a crap about the condition of the box. :P
Posted Image

#45 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Cool thanks. I'll do it sometime this weekend.

ach.png

#46 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

no no no no

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Sean Price

Sean Price

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

atryu25, - Thanks for the awesome breakdown.. I bought it and ONLy after that was I on the fence but NOW i feel better about it after reading ya post..

My box was ALL SORTS OF OPEN.. tho the game and soundtrack were still SEALED, can anyone tell me whats up with that?

THe manager wouldn't budge, said thats how they "all are".. wooudn't even give me a discount..

let me know...

oNe

#48 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

atryu25, - Thanks for the awesome breakdown.. I bought it and ONLy after that was I on the fence but NOW i feel better about it after reading ya post..

My box was ALL SORTS OF OPEN.. tho the game and soundtrack were still SEALED, can anyone tell me whats up with that?

THe manager wouldn't budge, said thats how they "all are".. wooudn't even give me a discount..

let me know...

oNe

The box should been factory sealed with some sort of wrapping.

#49 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Got one my box was sealed, returned my vanilla sealed version for 19.99, great deal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

let me know...

oNe

Gamestop sometimes opens CE/LE/etc. types of games because they have a standard game case inside next to the extras. They use that standard game as a display copy. Then when you buy that CE/LE/whatever they put that game back inside with the extras and say it is "new". It's one of Gamestop's biggest and shadiest things they do, and is a serious annoyance especially for collectors.

My story: I put in the request for them to hold the copy for me WEDNESDAY night AFTER they closed, meaning they didn't read the request and actually put it on hold until THURSDAY morning. It said they would hold it for 2 DAYS. I went in this morning(FRIDAY) to pick it up and the manager was telling me about how my hold on it expired and they may have already sold it. It hadn't been two days in either business hours or standard hours :roll:

They did have it and I bought it though. Still sealed in plastic with only 2 very slight tears in the plastic. I'm going to open it anyway so I'm not worried.

#51 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Return, rebuy complete. Returned for $30, bought for $20 on same receipt. The lady even remembered me. :)

ach.png

#52 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the info, op!

#53 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

damn, I've already used PUR coupons to score a free B:AC CE, $5 Tekken Hybrid, free Ninja Gaiden CE & $50 SF 25th Ann. CE so I'm out on this

How'd you get SF for 50 dollars?

#54 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

My store has one of these on a top shelf, but I just got TTT2 recently. Not sure if I'd go back and actually play this..
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#55 darrenf619

darrenf619

!yrasreviGAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

My store has one of these on a top shelf, but I just got TTT2 recently. Not sure if I'd go back and actually play this..

Unless you watch 3D Blu-rays, then I would say pass on it if you have TTT2.
psn: darrenat0r

#56 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

deal is dead, saw one yesterday and it was 29.99 now
[url=ign.com]

#57 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

How'd you get SF for 50 dollars?

it's a $100 new & I used a $50 off PUR coupon with 200,000 PUR points I needed some big items to use them on.
http://www.gamestop....sary Collection

#58 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Saw this for $30 at my local Gamestop but all of them are unwrapped and beat to hell boxes. They have various collectors editions just laying on the floor in a corner for people to look at but they are all treated like crap. Tron CE has half the box smashed in and is covered in tape and they are selling it for $50