Photo
- - - - -

$5 off any $25 purchase at Amazon (FB required)

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#151 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Why does amazon need access to my photos?
Posted Image

#152 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Why does amazon need access to my photos?

They want to stereotype you and then put items under your suggestions tab. That or they just like you.

#153 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

They want to stereotype you and then put items under your suggestions tab. That or they just like you.

:applause:

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#154 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

"FB required" kills it for me, but good deal for those who use it. Thanks OP.

How does everyone not have a fake facebook account for this stuff now? I don't have an actual facebook account, but I keep one just for stuff like this because free stuff is good.

MildObstruction.png

#155 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I used mine to buy a few $5-10 toys for stocking stuffers (SD front page). If someone still doesn't know what they want to buy, that might be an option for you.

#156 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Used it on the Dark Knight Trilogy Blu-Ray, $23 with current price match and credit. Not bad.

#157 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

How does everyone not have a fake facebook account for this stuff now? I don't have an actual facebook account, but I keep one just for stuff like this because free stuff is good.

Agreed, I have a fake facebook account solely for promotions like this (and it helps registering on some websites where you can just click the sign up with facebook button.) It has also probably saved me over 50 bucks and a couple hours of time signing up for websites at this point.

#158 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks op

#159 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I guess my FB account is really tied in to Amazon b/c getting this was a simple button press after I typed "Finishing" in the blank. Won't be a problem using it, have about $300 of random stuff waiting to be purchased.

MUCH easier than installing the coupon printer activator to get the $10 Target GC off of FB earlier. What a pain, wouldn't even work w/ Chrome, had to use IE.

#160 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Used to take some of the hurt out of Xmas shopping.

It's weird that some people will go through (for example) the hassle of printing out coupons and taking them to the store to try to swindle a clueless employee at a retailer who made a printing mistake, but won't make a fake FB account. Or just hide all app activity on their real account. Or just install and then remove the app after redeeming the code. It takes like 60 seconds.
Posted Image

#161 themightypencil

themightypencil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

thanks op! helped out with a recent order...much appreciated!

#162 tehsolo

tehsolo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

It says you must tie the accounts, do you also create an alternate amazon account? use a prepaid credit/gift card bought with cash? what about the email used to activate them all? some email providers need a phone number to validate you, do you give a real number there?

my point is, there is no way to hide from marketers these days except to opt out of stuff like this at all. I used to facebook until it the ads started getting intrusive and things like this/websites started requiring it.

#163 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, you can choose "Only Me" as an option of who can see this app activity on the app permission page, I always do that for stuff like this, and none of your precious facebook friends will know you like to save money.
Posted Image

#164 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Although you would have to find something else to go along with it, I think Bit.Trip Complete sent by Amazon for $16.28 is not a bad way to build up the $25 needed.

Of course my love for the game may bias my opinion, but take it as you will.

#165 kodave

kodave

It says you must tie the accounts, do you also create an alternate amazon account? use a prepaid credit/gift card bought with cash? what about the email used to activate them all? some email providers need a phone number to validate you, do you give a real number there?

my point is, there is no way to hide from marketers these days except to opt out of stuff like this at all. I used to facebook until it the ads started getting intrusive and things like this/websites started requiring it.

You don't think Amazon's internal marketing doesn't already have a profile on you based on every click you've made on Amazon? Linking a fake or even real Facebook account to your Amazon account is the least of anyone's worries. If you've done any legitimate transactions on the internet - your privacy is already compromised and your information has already passed around. Welcome to the internet.

Like others have suggested, either (1) make the fake FB account (2) Make the Amazon app only visible to you under Facebook's privacy settings or (3) Just delete everything the app creates and delete the app itself as soon as the discount code is registered to your Amazon account.

#166 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks OP! Now to figure out what to spend it on..

EDIT: Went with Dredd 3D Blu-Ray pre-order. It's already knocked down to $27 and this puts it at $22 :)

Edited by kburns10, 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#167 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Zone of Enders collection is $29.99, so $25 after coupon. Is it worth $25?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#168 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thanks OP, got SSF4AE for my lil bro and 1 Direction CD ( :puke:) and Beastly for my sis.

#169 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Brand new Slow Cooker on its way.

Zone of Enders collection is $29.99, so $25 after coupon. Is it worth $25?

If you've been interested in it then I feel it is. It'll be $20 inevitably on its own though.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#170 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Walking Dead game for PS3 or 360? Which one is ideal?

#171 wpress

wpress

For Your Health!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Thanks OP! Now to figure out what to spend it on..

EDIT: Went with Dredd 3D Blu-Ray pre-order. It's already knocked down to $27 and this puts it at $22 :)

I've been scouring Amazon for a good idea to use the code and Dredd is perfect!

#172 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

fivebux is fivebux. Thanks Op!

#173 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Walking Dead game for PS3 or 360? Which one is ideal?

I suggest just getting it on PC if you can as you can get it for 15 bucks often and even someone here is selling it for that much. But I would go with the 360 if you already have one and that is just the guess going off the PS3 seems to have a lot of issues with games recently for some reason.

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

All the Sega games I own. Box 16,17,18 (updated 6/13/2014) - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#174 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Agreed. I signed up strictly because I keep seeing these promos for facebook. There will never be anything on my FB page, except for any of these deals.

#175 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

two more days to hope something good pops up in my gold box
WOOOO I STINK

#176 t4nd4r

t4nd4r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thank you!

#177 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the info. Canceled & re-pre-ordered History of Sonic The Hedgehog.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#178 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Was gonna order a game, but I ended up getting a new iPhone 5 case and a CD instead. Needed the case much more than another game.

#179 Ziaro

Ziaro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

If we use the 5$ promotion on an item, but cancel it before it ships, can we use the promotion again on another item?

I want to get a different color controller i think

#180 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

If we use the 5$ promotion on an item, but cancel it before it ships, can we use the promotion again on another item?

I want to get a different color controller i think

No, it states in the fine print it can not be re-used if an order is canceled, or at least it's implied.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043