Photo
- - - - -

Rocko's Modern Life The Complete Series DVD Preorder (2nd Round 250 Litho) $29.93

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#31 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

You should also check out their special page if ordering from shout factory direct, they have some good other deals and it looks like it only adds $2 to shipping.
Complete Sarah Silverman Program with bonus CD - $22.99
Freaks and Geeks complete series: yearbook edition - $69.99
Might Morphin Power Rangers: Complete series - $79.99
You Can't do that on Film - A 2 disc "You Can't do that on Television" retrospective documentary which I didn't know even existed untill just now - $19.99 and a review 1 and 2

Guardian_owl.png

#32 icyjones

icyjones

I Think I Have A Problem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

I recently ordered "They Live" on blu-ray from Shout Factory and they charged that one when it shipped. Also, that one came with a poster and it came folded. That was advertised as a poster though, and not a litho. Does anyone know if the dvd releases are edited?

#33 Bervda

Bervda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'd totally go for this if the episodes weren't censored.

#34 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

They are the censored versions, it is all Nickelodeon would provide.

Guardian_owl.png

#35 capybara554321

capybara554321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I wonder if the other shows will get this treatment. I wonder if Joe Murry working with them helped the complete set or if thats the plan all along

#36 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I wonder if the other shows will get this treatment. I wonder if Joe Murry working with them helped the complete set or if thats the plan all along

He is. http://tvshowsondvd....te-Series/17820

Only 59 left.

#37 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Censored = no deal. Oh well.

#38 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

What types of things were censored? I bought a bootleg copy of the series years ago because I was tired of waiting (and it was dirt cheap), but the quality is truly awful (someone recorded it off of the Nicktoons channel, so you will occasionally see it start to go into a commerical or something, lol).

#39 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

What types of things were censored? I bought a bootleg copy of the series years ago because I was tired of waiting (and it was dirt cheap), but the quality is truly awful (someone recorded it off of the Nicktoons channel, so you will occasionally see it start to go into a commerical or something, lol).

http://my.ohio.voyag...wn/censored.htm

At the bottom of the page.

#40 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

It is high time someone start a Kickstarter for a ninja to infiltrate Nickelodeon HQ and pilfer all the reels of their old shows in their glorious uncensored formats. Then I could finally get my damn Pete and Pete Season 3.

While we're at it, maybe he could throw in an assassination or two. There's plenty of deserving individuals over there.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#41 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Wow, never expected to see this on DVD. Ordered!

Does Shout Factory charge immediately or when they ship?

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#42 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

What's REALLY strange is that Nick is doing that whole "the 90s are All That" thing right now, where they show all those toons and shows. One of the commercial bump formats is basically just highlighting various Twitter posts that reference different related topics (like, Where's Kel? and Quail Man and so on). Occasionally one comes up that says "Heffer REALLY ENJOYS that milking machine. #nowIgetRocko."

I just find it funny that they'd outright acknowledge that scene but still deny the show creator access to the uncut version.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#43 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

51 left

TheVila.png

#44 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Bought! Now I need to just sell off my Season 1 & 2 sets...

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#45 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Amazon has it for $27.95.

:)

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#46 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Amazon has it for $27.95.

It's at the bottom of the op. ~_~

http://www.amazon.co...Complete Series $27.95 (No lithograph)

Posted Image

#47 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

^Thanks...

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#48 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

This is thing is cool but I really have no use for a litho, I hope this thing sells out quicker to make my decision easier on me. >_<

#49 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

What's REALLY strange is that Nick is doing that whole "the 90s are All That" thing right now, where they show all those toons and shows. One of the commercial bump formats is basically just highlighting various Twitter posts that reference different related topics (like, Where's Kel? and Quail Man and so on). Occasionally one comes up that says "Heffer REALLY ENJOYS that milking machine. #nowIgetRocko."

I just find it funny that they'd outright acknowledge that scene but still deny the show creator access to the uncut version.

The issue isn't that Nick is denying the uncut version, it's the fact that they're no longer even in the video library. Viacom's policy in the 90's was to physically edit the master tapes, the shows no longer officially exist as they originally aired. The only way to see them is to buy the bootlegs people copied off television when the shows originally aired. This same issue has come up in the past with DVD releases of Beavis & Butthead and Ren & Stimpy. Both Mike Judge and John K wanted the uncut versions of these shows on DVD (well, except for the retroactive editing Mike Judge did on his own), but they found out that the networks don't have the footage in the archive anymore.

#50 argyle

argyle

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wow, thank you OP (and overly sarcastic newb who bumped this thread this morning). I *LOVE* Rocko's, but somehow I had missed this thread until now. Just ordered, looks like there are only 28 left after my order. :)
Posted Image

#51 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

That will look so good next to my collection of blu rays.

Thanks for nothing Snot Factory.

Whine much?

#52 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

Another obvious troll. Just look at his name...

And do you really think a Blu-Ray of Rocko would look any better? 4:3 Blu-Ray is useless in the first place; it would just be unnecessary.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#53 Twizz

Twizz

An Eff'n Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Since it's bumped I might as well ask. Is there any information on a Season Four release?

I would buy this but I already own the first three seasons. Plus with the low price of the non Litho on Amazon, I doubt I could sell my copies.

#54 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

Oh goodie, a troll to add to my ignore list. Thank you.

#55 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

I'm well aware that I'm feeding a troll, but:

The original masters for the show are on SD tape and not film... so a Blu-ray release would be more than pointless, although I'm sure plenty of idiots would buy a pointlessly upscaled Blu-ray release just to have it be the same height on their shelf as the Blu-ray discs of 'Meet the Spartans' and 'Vampires Suck' and whatever other terrible, irredeemable tripe they doubtlessly have in their collection...

#56 Rhippo

Rhippo

Hungry Hungry Hippo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thanks OP, loved the show when it was out and will probably appreciate it more now that I'm old enough to get all the humor and its a beautiful litho. If I could just get something like this for the rugrats.

There is nothing here worth reading but yet you still read it.

#57 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm well aware that I'm feeding a troll, but:

The original masters for the show are on SD tape and not film... so a Blu-ray release would be more than pointless, although I'm sure plenty of idiots would buy a pointlessly upscaled Blu-ray release just to have it be the same height on their shelf as the Blu-ray discs of 'Meet the Spartans' and 'Vampires Suck' and whatever other terrible, irredeemable tripe they doubtlessly have in their collection...

So true.

I don't want to feed the troll either, but what do I care? I have him ignored so I don't have to read any dumb responses he might post.

"Oh goodie, a DVD boxset.

That will look so good next to my collection of 1990's children's cartoon series blurays, like my Batman the Animated Series bluray collection, Rugrats bluray collection, Tiny Toons bluray collection, Ducktales bluray collection, Hey Arnold bluray collection, etc. I was justifiably expecting Rocko's Modern Life to be released on bluray because of all of the 1980's and 1990's standard def complete cartoon series that have been released on bluray.

Thanks for nothing Snot Factory."

Why do I feed trolls exactly what they want? I'm a bigger loser and even stupider than they are.

#58 Guilty

Guilty

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

In for 1 thanks so much OP. Oh the memories. My kids are gonna love this.

BTW... Has anyone had experience with SHOUT! in the past? I was able to preorder for the litho, but I wonder now if they would have been diligent enough to make it unavailable when they ran out?

Time will tell I suppose.

Edit: 29 left after my order supposedly.

Edited by Guilty, 08 December 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#59 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

There's 22 left if the tracking is accurate

#60 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Some shows from the 90's can destroy some of the new stuff from today. The Angry Beavers, Johnny Bravo, Invader Zim, and Hey Arnold still rock hard.

That lithograph would be awesome to have.