Photo
- - - - -

Rocko's Modern Life The Complete Series DVD Preorder (2nd Round 250 Litho) $29.93

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#121 kickalillas2

kickalillas2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Got mine. Number 97/215. It's in good shape, minus a tiny fold in one corner.

#122 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Got mine in as well, 172/215. Great looking litho :D

#123 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Mine came today too, 30/215. Does anyone have the measurements of this thing, I'm hoping to get a frame for it tomorrow, and I don't have a tape measurer handy.

#124 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

Anyone have a pic of theirs framed yet? They had to update my card so they shipped mine out today.

#125 MykonosFan

MykonosFan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Got mine today as well, wasn't expecting it so early! Haven't taken the litho out yet, want to find a frame first haha.

#126 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Oh yeah, the litho is 18x24, says on the site.

#127 capybara554321

capybara554321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just got mine but the messed up and sent me the unsigned version. They just emailed me and they said they were aware and r sending out the signed one. So I cant wait.

#128 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hmm, I thought it was supposed to be out of 200? I guess they upped it to 215? Or maybe they just had 200 available to the public, and the other 15 were for staff and such

#129 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just got mine but the messed up and sent me the unsigned version. They just emailed me and they said they were aware and r sending out the signed one. So I cant wait.

If you want to sell the unsigned pm me

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#130 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Got mine yesterday, so excited. I didn't realize it was supposed to ship so it was a nice surprise! Signed litho is super cool, I also need to go get a frame.

#131 doppelgangerknight

doppelgangerknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

This may sound weird but how is everyone getting their lithograph out of the tube? I tried taking it out but it's packed in there pretty tight and I don't want to rip it.

#132 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I had the same problem, i just kind of eased it back and forth. Eventually you get enough of it out that you can twist it back and forth to make it smaller than the tube and slide it out, if that makes sense.

#133 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, I messed up a corner trying to get it out. It's on such heavy stock too. I just ended up slowly ripping away at the tube until the edges of the cel were exposed on one side and then slide it out.

I'm wanna frame this ASAP but need to find an archive safe frame.

As as aside though, I was not expecting this and this was apparently delivered to the wrong house. I would not have seen it until Monday (since there's no mail tomorrow) had my aunt not dropped by unexpectedly and told me there was a box outside. Hell, I would not have seen it if it weren't for an honest neighbor.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#134 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Posted Image

Here's mine framed in a $10 Wal*Mart frame, very impressive.

#135 kickalillas2

kickalillas2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Posted Image

Here's mine framed in a $10 Wal*Mart frame, very impressive.

You beat me to it. I was going to post the same thing.

#136 argyle

argyle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Nice. I've used those frames quite a bit for other posters, such as the Zelda Club Nintendo posters. But I think I'm going to take this to a local frame shop and have it professionally framed & matted. I really want to do this up nice. :)
Posted Image

#137 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Just a heads up, this just dropped $5 to $24.99 on Amazon (looks like they matched Best Buy).

#138 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

How is Shout Factory listed on credit card statements and when should the charge have appeared? (I pre-ordered the DVD and signed litho.)

#139 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Nice. I've used those frames quite a bit for other posters, such as the Zelda Club Nintendo posters. But I think I'm going to take this to a local frame shop and have it professionally framed & matted. I really want to do this up nice. :)

Any idea how much this costs? There aren't any places that do professional framing around me... I'll have to drive quite a while. Most of the cheap frames I've found are made of cheap plastics and I'd rather not risk this being damaged due to chemical breakdown over time...

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#140 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Any idea how much this costs? There aren't any places that do professional framing around me... I'll have to drive quite a while. Most of the cheap frames I've found are made of cheap plastics and I'd rather not risk this being damaged due to chemical breakdown over time...

Professional framing can get pretty expensive. Honestly, I don't think you have much to worry about in regards to chemical breakdown, at least not within your lifetime. As one as you are hanging it on a wall out of direct sunlight, the cheap frames are fine.

#141 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I haven't had anything professionally framed in awhile, but there are lots of choices when it comes to matting, backing, the frame itself etc. I'd say the cheapest you could get away with is around $100.

#142 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Professional framing can get pretty expensive. Honestly, I don't think you have much to worry about in regards to chemical breakdown, at least not within your lifetime. As one as you are hanging it on a wall out of direct sunlight, the cheap frames are fine.

Some of the plastic trays in my old GB games are already yellowing and those are only ~25 years old. I hope I plan to live another 25 (or 50) years so I am worrying aborting it.:lol:

I haven't had anything professionally framed in awhile, but there are lots of choices when it comes to matting, backing, the frame itself etc. I'd say the cheapest you could get away with is around $100.

That doesn't sound too bad. I read that you can also do it yourself so maybe I'll give that a shot before I make the trip.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#143 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Major snow delayed my shipment, finally came, 186/215.

Guardian_owl.png

#144 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Got mine today. 7/215. Tube was fine but litho had some bad creases (not on the corner, where it was rolled into the tube) on the right side, on the back. Glad it's on really heavy card stock though because you can't see it on the litho or through the frame. This thing is awesome!

#145 MykonosFan

MykonosFan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Don't have a frame yet but I have to admit I got curious what number I got.

#197, I was so close to missing out on this. Glad I didn't because it's fantastic. :)

EDIT: Usually the first episodes of a series are rough and RML is no exception...but man these are still very entertaining. This show has definitely held up in my eyes.

Edited by MykonosFan, 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#146 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

How big of a frame will I need for this litho? Want to buy one before taking it out of the tube.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#147 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

It does not have DVD subtitles, but it has Closed Captioning embedded in the video so you can either watch the DVD on your computer (most 90s TV programs on DVD have the option to select CC if there is not a subtitle option) or you can output from your DVD player a second connection with RCA cables and switch to that while watching Rocko so that you can turn CC on on your TV and still receive the signal (CC appears to be blocked over HDMI for some stupid reason).

So I found out this set DOES have closed captions. Ran across the box set at Wal-mart the other day, saw the CC on the side, and immediately bought it.

Captions won't show in my blu-ray player, as there's no menu option for them. Luckily, I kept a DVD player for just this reason. Put the disc in my DVD player, and the captions popped right up. Very pleased.

I'm wondering how many other of these Shout shows have embedded captions? I wish Amazon made it more obvious to tell. Rocko doesn't show it has captions on the website. In fact, the box art doesn't have the CC logo on the side like my box has.

#148 BiscuitHead

BiscuitHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, folks.  I obviously long missed the boat for getting one of those lithographs.  Is anyone out there who would want to sell theirs?  I'm dying to have one.  Please PM.  :)