What hypothetical Wii U game would you buy a Wii U to play?

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Enough negative comments on the Wii U. What single game would be a system seller for you?

For me, put out an Earthbound Wii U and I will buy that system in a second.

I am just waiting for Super Smash Bros but then again it won't make it an instant buy honestly I'm gonna wait to see what Xbox and playstation does first.

I already have a Wii U, but I'd imagine Smash Bros will be a huge system seller.

As for hypothetical, I think we all know a Pokemon main series RPG that spanned every region and featured local and online multiplayer would be the best selling game of this generation. Nintendo don't wanna though.

I'd love to see a great original IP for once on a Nintendo platform that receives rave reviews. That would be something fresh to look forward to...

Any theoretical purchase would have to be for more than one game, but a Wii U Etrian Odyssey would most certainly tip the balance for me.

A real Zelda, as long as they make smart use out of the pad and not overly gimmicky to make it a pain to play. Might as well make a limited gold wii u bundle to go along with it.

Never was much of a smash bros fan.

Pikmin 3 is already a system seller for me. I'm just trying to hold out to get a slightly better deal on the white version. Hypothetically?

I'd love to see a sequel to Mario Kart: Double Dash with 2 player co-op or a Mario Party with online play.

I already have a WiiU, but if I didn't, anything Metroid-themed would do it for me. I love anything related to Metroid, and even thought Other M was a solid game (except for the cutscenes).

Give me another 3D Prime title, a 2D downloadable game in the e-shop, or a sequel to Other M (called "Other, Other M," obviously), and I'm sold.

And oh yeah, Smash Brothers or a good spiritual successor to Starfox 64 would be fantastic.

I already have a Wii U as well, but I'd love to see some older franchises make a comeback on the Wii U.

Most especially F-Zero and Earthbound.

I don't need to be sold on the system as I'm just waiting for a cheaper price/bundle deal. However, all that waiting goes out the window the day that an Earthbound or Fire Emblem gets released on the system.

[quote name='drktrpr1']I already have a WiiU, but if I didn't, anything Metroid-themed would do it for me. I love anything related to Metroid, and even thought Other M was a solid game (except for the cutscenes).

Give me another 3D Prime title, a 2D downloadable game in the e-shop, or a sequel to Other M (called "Other, Other M," obviously), and I'm sold.[/QUOTE]
Agree with you on this one (and on Other M, which was great except for the dialog and VO), there are definitely a few options they could explore with the gamepad, though I would lean more towards a 2D title at this point.

While eventually I'll get a Wii U regardless, I would also like to see a sequel to Battalion Wars, especially if they did two player co-op with asymmetrical gameplay. One player with Remote+Chuck or Pro Controller on the TV in third person, with the second player performing true RTS tasks on the gamepad, building structures and units, and sending supplies to the onscreen player (or players if they did split screen on the TV). Kind of a C&C Renegade / Natural Selection sort of take.

I know I've mentioned that before, but make it happen Nintendo.

Wow lots of other Earthbound fans here. I sold my old SNES copy 7 years ago. It's worth a lot more now. I had the entire box in good condition. Part of my reason for selling was because I thought it would come out for Virtual Console. Obviously that will never happen so maybe they will release a whole new game on Wii U (my system seller).

Blue blue blue

[quote name='johnmirra']I already have a Wii U but a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles would be great.[/QUOTE]

I don't need a sequel necessarily, but Monolith's next project is definitely my most anticipated release.

[quote name='coolz481']I don't need a sequel necessarily, but Monolith's next project is definitely my most anticipated release.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely take either

Large MMORPG Pokemon game with hack protection which follows the formula of the main series game.

A steady stream of GOOD Pokemon games much like what happened in the Gamecube era. Give me a sequel to Pokemon XD (console RPG) and make another Colloseum and this time actually make it good, much like Pokemon Stadium 2. Again hack detection is a must or the games will be totally ruined.

Make the games come out within the next 2-3 years. Give me at least 3 pokemon games worth buying within the next 3 years.

Allow me to store Pokemon on the console from different games, again make it a Pokemon Box where I can separate my Pokemon literately any way I want to and even make it where I can have different users on it and so I can transfer pokemon instantly between game cartridges then sync with the Wii U and the Pokemon will be on the proper game cartridge.

At least 3 more general RPG's within the next 3 years in addition to that, they have to be worth playing too, give me that Dragon Quest game from Japan, and 2 others at least.

Implement a global achievements system just like in the other consoles, I do believe it can be done. Pokemon with achievements would be sick.

Also I want a new console F-zero game with no rubberband AI.

Yes, I am very demanding.

An actual sequel to Mario 64, honestly where is this game at? Closest thing we ever got to it was Mario Sunshine!

[quote name='SaraAB']Also I want a new console F-zero game with no rubberband AI.[/QUOTE]

Any of there games without that please!!!!

Every time Nintendo releases a casual-centric game, me and the wife will rock out on it. Gaming with her is my favorite gaming experience. We shared a town in Animal Crossing, got all the stars in NSMB, slaughtered Pikmin, raced until our eyes bled in Double Dash (we didn't like kart wii), handed off the controller through Paper Mario, and put at least 4-500 hours in Smash Bros.

I know the "hardcores" hate Nintendo, but we love it. I'll buy just about anything developed by Nintendo.

[quote name='speedracer']Every time Nintendo releases a casual-centric game, me and the wife will rock out on it. Gaming with her is my favorite gaming experience. We shared a town in Animal Crossing, got all the stars in NSMB, slaughtered Pikmin, raced until our eyes bled in Double Dash (we didn't like kart wii), handed off the controller through Paper Mario, and put at least 4-500 hours in Smash Bros.

I know the "hardcores" hate Nintendo, but we love it. I'll buy just about anything developed by Nintendo.[/QUOTE]
Except for Smash Bros (I couldn't get her into it), this is almost word for word my gaming experience with my wife. Right now we are playing a lot of Wii Party (which has some Co-op modes), so basically Nintendo Land in itself would probably be good enough for both of us for now.

To add another hypothetical game to the Wii U list, I think another traditional Paper Mario RPG would be great, they experimented enough with SPM and Sticker Star. That probably wouldn't come out for another few years though.

Zelda in HD would be unbelievable. Earthbound too. Doesn't even have to be a new earthbound. Just release mother 3 here in America already!

Any sequels related to Zelda, Metroid Prime, Smash, Excitebike, Fire Emblem, and Advance Wars (Andy and the gang please).

Also, a worthy SingStar or Dance Central clone would make this a party machine. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have one, but I'm most interested in:

Zelda
Smash Bros.
Super Mario(an actual NEW one, it's been over 5 years since Galaxy!)

In my case, it's not a matter of a single game pushing me over the edge. I'm just waiting on issues with the hardware locks, bricking and UI to be cleared up before I import one. I'm a little gun shy about dropping that kind of cash on a machine unless it's 100% up to par, specifically after the PS3's launch.

I got frustrated with Wii early on and abandoned the system so there's plenty (almost 20) of software for me to enjoy.

Already own one but games I would love to see...

Zelda Action RPG. Yes, I want a Zelda game but instead of the same formula that has been done how many years now, mix it up. Make it an action RPG with the Zelda combat. Like you actually level up and stuff. Sure it's not what Zelda is used to but hell, I am tired of Zelda. I guess part of it is Hyrule is Hyrule.

Mario 3D- A true HD 3D Mario. You can make it same formula as galaxy or 64 because Mario gets creative.

Shenmue 3
Suikoden VI
KOTOR 3 (non-MMO)
Timesplitters (new entry, non-HD remake)
Startropics 3

Aka something way out of left field

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The longer it takes to come out (so I can actually afford a Wii U), the better. That will make me buy the system.

Wouldn't hate some kind of Killer Instinct sequel, F-Zero like others have said, a new Star Fox, Mega Man, another Punch Out!, Pocky and Rocky!!!!, an old school Contra game, of course Earthbound (I'd have that preordered in a milisecond)...so many!

[quote name='batman1939']Already got one but I do want a DS player now that I got two screens.[/QUOTE]

Those are going to be some hideous DS games. Layton's cutscenes already look terrible on my 3DS. Would still probably be awesome.

Shit id buy ANOTHER wii u if they released earthbound for it

But Smash Bros would definitely be another.

Actually bought my Wii U in the first place because NSMB WII U had me feeling pretty nostalgic and the system came out not near any others.

A new secret of mana or pokemon rpg would do the trick too

Pokemon Snap 2
Pokemon Console RPG
Donkey Kong Country 4
Endless Ocean 3
New F-Zero
Super Mario RPG 2
Metroid Prime 4/ New Metroid Title
New Zelda
New Starfox
Advance Wars Console
New Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Story/Island 2
New Kirby

New Monster Hunter (logged so much time on the wii version and with the addition of actual screen names finding people won't suck as bad.)
Been waiting for Pikmin 3
New Rayman and Bayonetta being exclusives made it a must buy for me.

Already have one but I can't wait for a new Galaxy game. Donkey Kong Country Returns was one of my favorite on the Wii. Also a new Epic Yarn game. Loved that one.

The thing I like about the Wii is that the games are really really good and enjoyable and I can play them with my kids.

Smash Bros (more melee, less brawl)
Zelda (I would love a return to the Windwaker style)
Metroid Prime (with a focus on atmosphere like the first one)
Mario Party (with a closer feel to the earlier entries in the series)
Banjo Kazooie-esk game (it would be great if Nintendo created another platformer using the same type of formula under a new IP)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (this game would be perfect on the Wii U. I absolutely loved PSO on the GC)

Pikmin 3 is already coming out this year as well as Monster Hunter, so if 3 out of the above 6 are on their way soon you can count me in.

Icing on the cake would be if Nintendo would remaster classic GameCube games for the HD era.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueshinra']Any theoretical purchase would have to be for more than one game, but a Wii U Etrian Odyssey would most certainly tip the balance for me.[/QUOTE]

FU! Don't say that! It's hard enough to resist Bayonetta 2 for me, EO would not be resistible.

In the same vein, an Infinite Space sequel would also push me over.

P+, please spare me!

Mario Kart Double Dash 2. The Gamecube one will always be my favorite, despite most people thinking it was the worst. If you have a good co-op partner I think it's a blast, so I think they could come up with some inventive ways of using the tablet game pad. Perhaps they could give the second player more to do with by using the game pad.

(I have a Wii U though, but this is just my hypothetical wish list game)

bread's done
Back