Need for Speed:MW

xplode427

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Just got my bf copy from the origin store yesterday. I'm a little disappointed in the visuals, especially the cars. Overall I'm happy to have a decent portable racing game.

Any other impressions?

I've put a lot of time into this game. Currently working on that plat trophy. The visuals are muddy, however this game is very open world. People need to keep in mind that the Vita is absolutely not a portable PS3. I think if this game was more in line with the original Most Wanted the textures could have been applied a little better. My biggest issue with this game is GOD DAMNED TRAFFIC!

The visuals look much smoother to me on the iPhone 5. Textures are too jagged on the vita. Pretty bummed about a $1 game being better looking than a $20 (or $40 game if you spent full price.) but I suppose the huge world, length and physical controls help.

I got it for xmas and I have been enjoying it. I must admit I was a little bummed by the graphics looking so muddy as well. I bought the iPhone version for my 4S and it does look a whole lot better, but at the same time the Vita one is the complete open world experience and the iPhone one is not. So I guess you have to make sacrifices somewhere. I would still recommend the Vita version to people. It's not bad to have along side the PS3, XBOX, and PC, since all of your progress carries over to all of them through origin and it would offer a portable version if someone really wanted that.

The headlights from oncoming traffic look particularly terrible, but overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. Love the ability to cross-play with Xbox via my Origin account, although I wish it went further to include game progress and car unlocks as well as the Speed Points. I just think the Vita is not the graphical powerhouse that it was first sold as, but give me physical controls over IOS any day.

One more thing - the ability to use Music Unlimited for custom soundtracks is another major plus, despite the fact it is insanely complicated to get set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder; this is a first-gen game. Uncharted looked amazing on the Vita, but that's because Sony was able to afford that dev team to work solely on that game. 2-3 years in we should see improved graphics/performance.

[quote name='SynGamer']Just a reminder; this is a first-gen game. Uncharted looked amazing on the Vita, but that's because Sony was able to afford that dev team to work solely on that game. 2-3 years in we should see improved graphics/performance.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted did look and play great but this was not a launch title. The system is nearly a year old in the US. I think the biggest dissapointment is that the ios version looks significantly better for 1/20 the cost. And in 2 years we'll have an iPhone 7.

If it's the same as the Android version that I have, the reason is that the mobile version has no open world, so the tracks are walled off and the devs can focus on making that look as good as possible. The Vita version takes after the console versions with an open world and has to display a much larger environment at any time than the mobile versions do.

bread's done
Back