BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend limited edition 19.99 @ Fry's

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys just a heads up. I was at Fry's today picking up my Vita sales items and noticed an entire shelf of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend limited edition for the PS3 there for 19.99. I snagged a couple copies. Thats a good price, its hit about that on Amazon a few times but its very iffy if you will get a box thats not destroyed from them. If you check Fry's in store you can pick and choose a good one. They all looked pretty good, with only a couple having a few nicks on them.

I just checked the website and its still listed at 29.99 and thats the standard edition. I dont even see the limited edition on the website, so this may be in store only.

The Fremont/CA store. Had almost a whole shelf of them. Probably about 60+

I just assumed it was the regular price but seeing as how its not on the website im not so sure. May be YMMV. Wondering if anyone else can confirm/deny this pricepoint in their stores

[quote name='Kenshindono']The Fremont/CA store. Had almost a whole shelf of them. Probably about 60+

I just assumed it was the regular price but seeing as how its not on the website im not so sure. May be YMMV. Wondering if anyone else can confirm/deny this pricepoint in their stores[/QUOTE]

Same in Houston. Was at the one in northern Houston yesterday looking for vita games that el hoardo did not grab and saw a ton of these limited editions for $20.

I've been trying to sell my copy at that price point for weeks and no one asked for it, so idk if this is a deal or not. It's hard to say as alot of ppl don't like the Extend limited edition.

Well Houstin is confirmed too i guess. My assumption is that its removed from their system and any stores with stock are selling what they have left. I just find it odd there were SO MANY on the shelf. They must have had tons in the back or something

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']I've been trying to sell my copy at that price point for weeks and no one asked for it, so idk if this is a deal or not. It's hard to say as alot of ppl don't like the Extend limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. why dont people like it? My guess is they just made too damn many of them. I actually own all the BB games, but have only played the first. I even got the UK import versions that didn't come out here. Honestly i dont find them as fun as the Guilty Gear series. I think im still missing an xbox copy of that game actually now that im thinking about it

[quote name='Pounce!']Currently on Amazon for about $25 for those nontaxed/save gas.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as I said its hit this price on Amazon before. And also like i said: Amazon has a horrible tendancy to ship their CE games in envelopes and they get crushed to hell. This one in particular i recall they pulled for a while because they got so many returns. If you dont want one that will most likely arrive damaged i think $20 is a good price to snag one in store

[quote name='Kenshindono']Well Houstin is confirmed too i guess. My assumption is that its removed from their system and any stores with stock are selling what they have left. I just find it odd there were SO MANY on the shelf. They must have had tons in the back or something

Hmm.. why dont people like it? My guess is they just made too damn many of them. I actually own all the BB games, but have only played the first. I even got the UK import versions that didn't come out here. Honestly i dont find them as fun as the Guilty Gear series. I think im still missing an xbox copy of that game actually now that im thinking about it

Yes, as I said its hit this price on Amazon before. And also like i said: Amazon has a horrible tendancy to ship their CE games in envelopes and they get crushed to hell. This one in particular i recall they pulled for a while because they got so many returns. If you dont want one that will most likely arrive damaged i think $20 is a good price to snag one in store[/QUOTE]

IDK I love BB more than GG I even like persona more despite me playing GG for years. That aside yes amazon is bad I ordered 4 all crushed they wouldnt exchange them for me anymore.... With BB I platinumed CT, CS, CS EXT, and BB vita

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hey guys just a heads up. I was at Fry's today picking up my Vita sales items and noticed an entire shelf of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend limited edition for the PS3 there for 19.99. I snagged a couple copies. Thats a good price, its hit about that on Amazon a few times but its very iffy if you will get a box thats not destroyed from them. If you check Fry's in store you can pick and choose a good one. They all looked pretty good, with only a couple having a few nicks on them.

I just checked the website and its still listed at 29.99 and thats the standard edition. I dont even see the limited edition on the website, so this may be in store only.[/QUOTE]

Did they have anymore 360 copies? I'll probably pick one up at Fremont if they have any after work tomorrow

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']IDK I love BB more than GG I even like persona more despite me playing GG for years. That aside yes amazon is bad I ordered 4 all crushed they wouldnt exchange them for me anymore.... With BB I platinumed CT, CS, CS EXT, and BB vita[/QUOTE]

Really? Different tastes i guess. GG was one of my fave fighting games. I loved prettty much all the iterations. Blazblue just feels... i dunno, off. Something just doesn't click with me for it. Maybe its the characters, or the way the combos flow together. Lack of the silly instant death moves. Something just doesn't make me want to keep playing it like GG did

I hear you on Amazon. Their shipping centers are idiotic. When i called and complained they basically just said they could put another order in but couldn't make sure it was in a box at all. There is evidently no way to contact the shipping centers. So basically they just keep sending damaged items because of crappy packaging with no way of fixing it. And if you dont get lucky and get a non mangled one after a try or two they refuse to keep replacing it

Terrible system. Honestly now that they charge tax i buy less and less from them these days

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Did they have anymore 360 copies? I'll probably pick one up at Fremont if they have any after work tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I dont think they ever released it for the 360. I guess they did but i didn't see them in the wild as much. To answer your question though: no, just a crap ton of PS3 ones. I had browsed the 360 shelves and saw nothing

To get a box, I always place an order for multiple games (at least 2, sometimes more) when I buy a collector's or special edition (always have at least a few cheap fillers on my wish list). I know people say it depends on where the item gets shipped from, but so far it has worked for me every time.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Really? Different tastes i guess. GG was one of my fave fighting games. I loved prettty much all the iterations. Blazblue just feels... i dunno, off. Something just doesn't click with me for it. Maybe its the characters, or the way the combos flow together. Lack of the silly instant death moves. Something just doesn't make me want to keep playing it like GG did

I hear you on Amazon. Their shipping centers are idiotic. When i called and complained they basically just said they could put another order in but couldn't make sure it was in a box at all. There is evidently no way to contact the shipping centers. So basically they just keep sending damaged items because of crappy packaging with no way of fixing it. And if you dont get lucky and get a non mangled one after a try or two they refuse to keep replacing it

Terrible system. Honestly now that they charge tax i buy less and less from them these days

I dont think they ever released it for the 360. I guess they did but i didn't see them in the wild as much. To answer your question though: no, just a crap ton of PS3 ones. I had browsed the 360 shelves and saw nothing[/QUOTE]

we should have a few matches sometime

[quote name='Kenshindono']
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I like BB as a game better. But GG seems to be funnier for me with friends and the characters are more enjoyable. Of course, this is all opinions and the fact you like fighting games makes you very ok in my book. And you're talking about missing a Xbox copy of GG or missing a Xbox copy of a BB game?

And thanks for the heads up. I may pick this up after I read more about it and seeing if it's worth an upgrade. I saw a copy at Gamestop for 20 bucks (though guy working there said it's probably a wrong price and missing items), but it was all trashed looking.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Yeah, I think I like BB as a game better. But GG seems to be funnier for me with friends and the characters are more enjoyable. Of course, this is all opinions and the fact you like fighting games makes you very ok in my book. And you're talking about missing a Xbox copy of GG or missing a Xbox copy of a BB game?

And thanks for the heads up. I may pick this up after I read more about it and seeing if it's worth an upgrade. I saw a copy at Gamestop for 20 bucks (though guy working there said it's probably a wrong price and missing items), but it was all trashed looking.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to buy a full copy, I can always keep my game and send you the outerbox and all the extra contents for half the price of a new copy.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']If you don't want to buy a full copy, I can always keep my game and send you the outerbox and all the extra contents for half the price of a new copy.[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks but I meant an upgrade from CS to CS Extend.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Yeah, I think I like BB as a game better. But GG seems to be funnier for me with friends and the characters are more enjoyable. Of course, this is all opinions and the fact you like fighting games makes you very ok in my book. And you're talking about missing a Xbox copy of GG or missing a Xbox copy of a BB game?

And thanks for the heads up. I may pick this up after I read more about it and seeing if it's worth an upgrade. I saw a copy at Gamestop for 20 bucks (though guy working there said it's probably a wrong price and missing items), but it was all trashed looking.[/QUOTE]As far as being an upgrade over CS, EXTEND has all of the DLC characters (Makoto, Valkenhyn, Platinum the Trinity, which together cost about the same price as EXTEND), new character Rulius Clover, story modes for the three DLC characters CS didn't have, and Calamity Trigger Reconstructed (a retelling of the first game's story). There might be more new content I'm forgetting about, but those are the take-home points. One item that didn't make the jump to EXTEND was the Legion mode.

I bought the limited Edition for $20 during Black Friday and I've been very pleased with both the game and the soundtrack CD.

[quote name='bruceg']To get a box, I always place an order for multiple games (at least 2, sometimes more) when I buy a collector's or special edition (always have at least a few cheap fillers on my wish list). I know people say it depends on where the item gets shipped from, but so far it has worked for me every time.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately if its a pre-order that doesn't work. Because the game will ship out on its own when it comes out, and that usually means shitty bubble mailer =(

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']we should have a few matches sometime[/QUOTE]

Of Guilty Gear? Heh, none of them are online! Im not very good at BB. I own them all, but have only actually opened and played the first one on Xbox (the CE) Only got half decent with Ragna (reminded me of Sol), and... crap cant even remember his name. The Potemkin look a like guy. I didn't see any Baiken, zato-1 or Venon analog character.

Man this is making me wanna rock some GG. I think im gonna load up my old Dreamcast import rip of of GGX. That was my favorite one. BTW I think i picked up Hatsune Miku for the PSP and a few other games from you a while back on a lowbal. I was putting away ssome games and boxes from last year and came across one that had your name on it, hah. My backlogs ridiculous

And thanks for the heads up. I may pick this up after I read more about it and seeing if it's worth an upgrade. I saw a copy at Gamestop for 20 bucks (though guy working there said it's probably a wrong price and missing items), but it was all trashed looking.[/QUOTE]

To each his own. Definately not hating on anyone for liking BB more than GG, i just personally enjoy GG a lot more. Like you said, its 'funner' I dont know how to categorize that, but BB just never really was that fun for me. I dont know why. if it was the characters or the pacing of the gameplay, but i just never had a blast with it like i did with GG.

LOL @ the fighting game comment. I've actually found my enjoyment of them seriously dwindling over the years. Especially Capcom games. I used to love SF back in the day, but Capcoms raped it lately with its DLC BS. My fave 2d Fighter of all time is probably Guilty Gear. Particularly X. Favorite 3D fighter is definitely the Tekken Series. Probably 2 and 4 are my faves.

BTW if your interested at all i'd check your store and snag one. This price is good for in store so you dont worry about it coming in all damaged.

Oh, and i was talking about missing Guilty Gear X2 Reload for the Xbox, but glancing at my list it seems i did pick a copy of it up at some point. The one im actually missing i think is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the PS2. I remember i loaned it to someone back in the day and dont think i ever got it back =( Same thing happend with my old copy of Castlevania SOTN

[quote name='Kenshindono']
LOL @ the fighting game comment. I've actually found my enjoyment of them seriously dwindling over the years. Especially Capcom games. I used to love SF back in the day, but Capcoms raped it lately with its DLC BS. My fave 2d Fighter of all time is probably Guilty Gear. Particularly X. Favorite 3D fighter is definitely the Tekken Series. Probably 2 and 4 are my faves.

BTW if your interested at all i'd check your store and snag one. This price is good for in store so you dont worry about it coming in all damaged.

Oh, and i was talking about missing Guilty Gear X2 Reload for the Xbox, but glancing at my list it seems i did pick a copy of it up at some point. The one im actually missing i think is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the PS2. I remember i loaned it to someone back in the day and dont think i ever got it back =( Same thing happend with my old copy of Castlevania SOTN[/QUOTE]
Yeah for BB, I enjoy playing that alone. Story mode is always enjoyable for that since I don't always have friends willing to play BB. GG on the other hand my friends will gladly play that with me. Still need to pick up GG on PSN. Though not sure if it's worth the 15 bucks for a game I've played so many times. Yeah fighting games have become less enjoyable. I hated SF4 (the updates were slightly better). Though KoF13 and Persona 4 Arena are pretty awesome.

And you don't have to snag me one. My Frys down in San Diego usually sits on Collector Editions for awhile. I'll snag one when I get paid maybe. And I asked about what you were missing cause if it were BB related, I have the Collector Edition of the 1st BB game on 360 minus the game. And I use to have ^ Plus on PS2...but gave it away. Gave a bunch of PS2 games I didn't play anymore. Except my SNK games. They stay with me forever!

When I saw this, I had to go check out the price for myself. I was surprised at how many copies I saw at the Houston, TX store by I-45. I picked 2 copies up for me and a friend. Thanks for this!

bread's done
Back