Wii U for $290 with free shipping

Not a deal in my opinion. Anyone who buys the console would be stupid to get the white one since the Black is a much better deal and with nothing worth getting other than NSMBU.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Not a deal in my opinion. Anyone who buys the console would be stupid to get the white one since the Black is a much better deal and with nothing worth getting other than NSMBU.[/QUOTE]

People who got the basic version are stupid? Please, elaborate.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']People who got the basic version are stupid? Please, elaborate.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should change that to uninformed. The Black console for $50 more is the one to get since it has more than double that in extras. But I'd still pass on the system until at least next Thanksgiving and by then we may have news on a new Xbox or Playstation console.

Black Console Extras

32 GB internal memory vs 8GB
Nintendo Land ($60 game) great kids game
GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand
Digital Deluxe Program

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='finsfan0210']I guess I should change that to uninformed. The Black console for $50 more is the one to get since it has more than double that in extras. But I'd still pass on the system until at least next Thanksgiving and by then we may have news on a new Xbox or Playstation console.[/QUOTE]

So I guess Microsoft never should have released a 4gb console either, huh?

[quote name='Byakurai']So I guess Microsoft never should have released a 4gb console either, huh?[/QUOTE]

Well I bet alot of people who bought them regret it later after the run out of room or find out they can't play Halo 4 on it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']How is 10% off a new console not a deal exactly?[/QUOTE]

I think the coupon code is for $10 off, not 10%.

[quote name='cancerman1120']How is 10% off a new console not a deal exactly?[/QUOTE]

$10 off not 10% and I assume it only the regular console not the deluxe.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I guess I should change that to uninformed. The Black console for $50 more is the one to get since it has more than double that in extras. But I'd still pass on the system until at least next Thanksgiving and by then we may have news on a new Xbox or Playstation console.

Black Console Extras

Nintendo Land ($60 game) albeit without a case which sucks
GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand
Digital Deluxe Program[/QUOTE]

What if I'm not interested in downloading software (negating the need for extra storage) not interested in Nintendo Land, plan on having the system sitting horizontally, and prefer white?

Then should I still get the deluxe model?

[quote name='maximumzero']What if I'm not interested in downloading software (negating the need for extra storage) not interested in Nintendo Land, plan on having the system sitting horizontally, and prefer white?

Then should I still get the deluxe model?[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't plan on trying out any demos. I think the FIFA one is 11GB.

[quote name='maximumzero']What if I'm not interested in downloading software (negating the need for extra storage) not interested in Nintendo Land, plan on having the system sitting horizontally, and prefer white?

No

[quote name='finsfan0210']$10 off not 10% and I assume it only the regular console not the deluxe.[/QUOTE]

Well $10 is less of a deal I guess.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Not a deal in my opinion. Anyone who buys the console would be stupid to get the white one since the Black is a much better deal and with nothing worth getting other than NSMBU.[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden 3 rehash says hi.
So does BlOps 2 and AC3, as well as Arkham City. Granted you didn't play them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well $10 is less of a deal I guess.[/QUOTE]

A better deal would be using a red card (5% off order) at Target plus there spend $50 get a $10 GC promo

Exactly. I got the basic model because I don't plan on buying digital and I am not a fan of black consoles.
All of my consoles are white, and the deluxe extras don't really justify a purchase for me.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I hope you don't plan on trying out any demos. I think the FIFA one is 11GB.[/QUOTE]

You can always add your own external HDD if you have an extra.

[quote name='Pozessed']Exactly. I got the basic model because I don't plan on buying digital and I am not a fan of black consoles.
All of my consoles are white, and the deluxe extras don't really justify a purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

Racism!!!! :lol: I kid I kid

[quote name='plus1zero']Ninja Gaiden 3 rehash says hi.
So does BlOps 2 and AC3, as well as Arkham City. Granted you didn't play them.[/QUOTE]

Really, you want to get those games for the Wii U? I'll stick with my :ps3: &:360: for major console releases.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']You can always add your own external HDD if you have an extra.[/QUOTE]

Yea but then your hooking up one more thing. I like less cords & cables.

i have the deluxe and let me tell you
1: nintendo land sucks!
2: the plastic shits are useless
3: 32 gb are nothing, you can just use a external hd and thats it.

i did think the same as the other guy "oh the deluxe one is better" but not really...

your choice.. "niga black" or "white red neck"... its the same thing :D

[quote name='finsfan0210']Plus I here the Gamepads battery life is horrible so a charger would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Is that what you "here"?

I have the deluxe and yes the cradle charger is great. However, they both come with a charger. The basic you will just have to plug the adapter directly into the controller. Not too hard to do.

You really sound more and more ignorant with each post you make. Maybe go find something you actually know about and post on that. I "here" that is the cool thing to do.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I guess I should change that to uninformed. The Black console for $50 more is the one to get since it has more than double that in extras. But I'd still pass on the system until at least next Thanksgiving and by then we may have news on a new Xbox or Playstation console.

Black Console Extras

GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand

My $330 1Terabyte White Wii U says high.

Honestly the extras in the Deluxe are crap unless you want Nintendo land since the digital promo is only good for 2 years and you do not get anything until you spend $50.

Honestly the only reason Onprefer the Whote color is because every system is black now and that gets boring.

[quote name='tylerh1701']ITT: Everyone shits on finsfan for no apparent reason, other than to be dicks.[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair he did call this "not a deal" when in reality he was saying the Deluxe is better than the basic. Even if it is just $10 it is a cheaper price for the Wii U. I could care less really since i thought the deal was for 10% off so what the fuck do I know. :)

Black Console Extras

GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand

Nothing like calling people uninformed, then posting something 100% false.

As I said before if you really want a deal buy either console version at Target since you can get 5% off if you have a red card and a $10 GC for spending over $50. I'm not trying to be a dick this is just my own opinion.

Black Console Extras

GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand

I have a case for Nintendo Land, and I bought the Deluxe version. They all come with a case and manual.

[quote name='finsfan0210'] Nintendo Land ($60 game) albeit without a case which sucks
[/QUOTE]

The deluxe system's Nintendo Land game comes in the same blue case as any retail game.

[quote name='loomis1975']The deluxe system's Nintendo Land game comes in the same blue case as any retail game.[/QUOTE]

Then I was mistaken as I thought I saw someone post it doesn't come with a actual case.

[quote name='yokofox33']We are talking about the Nintendo Land case.[/QUOTE]

Really, you guys are bitching about me being wrong about a stupid case.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Really, you guys are bitching about me being wrong about a stupid case.[/QUOTE]

We're bitching you for calling people uninformed, then in the same post stating something that fails to be true.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Really, you guys are bitching about me being wrong about a stupid case.[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitching. I'm just simply correcting you because you said it sucked it didn't come with a case. So it's obviously not that stupid if you pointed it out to begin with. I wasn't trying to be a dick.

I think the thing is when you utter the words "not a deal" on CAG you are basically challenging the existence of the thread by implying there is no economic benefit to what is posted. Since $10 off a new console clearly is a deal, I'm guessing what he meant was it's not a good value... and though I don't agree it's not an outrageous view to have. It just doesn't have anything to do with this post...

I'll compare it to the Vita. I bought one at launch and regretted it. 1 or 2 games worth buying at full price, and overpriced. So I sold it. But then I bought one again around late September and its so much better now. I'll stick to my guns and suggust waiting at least 6 months before buying a new console. Also don't forget about the 3DS. It bombed for at least a year.

Anyways yes $10 off anything is a deal.

Also I said uninformed because you are going to have alot of parents who don't know as much as we do buying the Wii U and its safe to say alot of them are uninformed buyers.

[quote name='Kazuya']I think the thing is when you utter the words "not a deal" on CAG you are basically challenging the existence of the thread by implying there is no economic benefit to what is posted. Since $10 off a new console clearly is a deal, I'm guessing what he meant was it's not a good value... and though I don't agree it's not an outrageous view to have. It just doesn't have anything to do with this post...[/QUOTE]

qft

Black Console Extras

Nintendo Land ($60 game) great kids game
GamePad Cradle
GamePad Stand
Console Stand

If you are not interested in Nintendo Land and don't care for extra stands, then the white console is the better deal, especially if you would rather spend $50-$100 on a separate memory unit (1 TB capacity) then take the measly 32GB Nintendo offers for $50 at that point (i.e. the point where you don't care about the other extras).

[quote name='finsfan0210']A better deal would be using a red card (5% off order) at Target plus there spend $50 get a $10 GC promo[/QUOTE]

Is Target doing the spend $50 get $10 GC again this year? Yours is the first post I've seen mention it and I haven't sen it advertised anywhere.

I'm currently on the fence for the $249 Xbox 360 Kinect bundle - Target is giving a $25 GC this week and I got a $5 GC offer in the mail yesterday though those things never seem to work on videogames. Another $10 might push me over the edge.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Yea but then your hooking up one more thing. I like less cords & cables.[/QUOTE]

Most definitely. The only reason I have a Wii U in my house is due to the fact that my mom bought one. Setting up that thing is so annoying. It took almost threes hours to do the update, and configure everything else. I'll stick to my PS3/PC/X360 for major releases as well.

[quote name='rjejr']Is Target doing the spend $50 get $10 GC again this year? Yours is the first post I've seen mention it and I haven't sen it advertised anywhere.

I'm currently on the fence for the $249 Xbox 360 Kinect bundle - Target is giving a $25 GC this week and I got a $5 GC offer in the mail yesterday though those things never seem to work on videogames. Another $10 might push me over the edge.[/QUOTE]

https://www.facebook.com/target

Coupon expires Dec 8th

[quote name='finsfan0210']https://www.facebook.com/target

Coupon expires Dec 8th[/QUOTE]

Thank you VERY much. Now to explain it to my wife - she is SO going to kill me.

BTW - couldn't for the life of me get the coupon to print out w/ Chrome, had to use IE. Just saying.

[quote name='Byakurai']So I guess Microsoft never should have released a 4gb console either, huh?[/QUOTE]

Yes Microsoft should have never released a 4gb console. That thing is fucking stupid. I worked at a retailer and tons of people would have to upgrade their hard drive. Good business move to exploit stupid people and uninformed parents but for those who are educated in the world of gaming know that the 4gb console is a fucking joke.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Yes Microsoft should have never released a 4gb console. That thing is fucking stupid. I worked at a retailer and tons of people would have to upgrade their hard drive. Good business move to exploit stupid people and uninformed parents but for those who are educated in the world of gaming know that the 4gb console is a fucking joke.[/QUOTE]

51476789.jpg

no love for zombi U? the ppl who reviewed it were idiots, its AMAZING it can justify getting wii U along with NSMBU and the others, dont wait till next year hoping for a drop, you get your moneys worth in entertainment.

I bought the 8gb. Other then wanting the console in black, I really didn't see the value to me. I have a 500gb external hard drive that I plan on using whenever I get around to wiping it. Nintendoland is something that I'm not interested in picking up, and the charging cradle is something that I can do without. Also, I only had $60 to spend on my Wii-U and a game (I had $300 in gamestop credit) so it came down to, would I rather get the Deluxe with Nintendoland or the Basic set with a game I actually wanted.

I am tempted in getting a WiiU i have a chance to buy one with 20% off today but still thinking about it. I think it'll be around $269ish I don't have a wii and missed out on that console generation I was thinking maybe the backwards compatibility can hold me over till I see a couple of games worth getting (right now just NSMB U is the only game I'll get). I think the white wii u looks better than the black one but the black one does have some nice items with it but I can't see myself using them after a week or two.

bread's done
Back