Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 12/6-12/8: Call of Duty Black Ops II - $49.99 | COD Vita Bundle - $50 GC

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

There’s a special three day ad for Target. Here are the game offers:

Posted Image :360: :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops II - $49.99

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified Wi-Fi Vita Bundle - $249.99 *Free $50 Gift Card w/ purchase

edit: **other Vita bundles come with $50 gift card as well**

Combine either of these two sales with the Spend $50 get a $10 Gift Card offer. You need to spend $50 before tax, so you would need to buy another item for one cent or more if you buy Black Ops II for $49.99. The cheapest item I can think of is a banana for 24 cents, but I’m sure you could find something to buy to get over $50.

You can also use your REDcard to save an additional 5%.

Edited by litepink, 07 December 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#2 extracredit

extracredit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Don't know why but I laughed @ banana

#3 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

in for one banana

#4 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

In for the Banana.

Edit: beaten

#5 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Don't know why but I laughed @ banana

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#6 zanticon

zanticon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

thx litepink.

i'm still on the fence for a vita since i don't necessarily need one. i assume fellow CAGers got one over BF. Thoughts/impressions?

#7 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I don't care for the design of the system.

I want to rest my fingers on the back of the system instead of all curled up and in the grip locations. Hands cramps after about 30 minutes of play time. IF I rest my hands on the back, that trackpad picks up input on Uncharted and really hurts game play. The screen is really nice, the joysticks are stubby and my fingers slip off. They put the buttons and d-pad really close to the tops of the thumbsticks. It's has and will take a few weeks to get used to the layout, I'm still not comfortable with it. I've used the Dualshock controllers for 10+ year and the Vita layout isn't the same and throws me off.

#8 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks op, will be pm'ing black ops at best buy.

#9 htz

htz

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Good deal on the banana.

#10 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

thx litepink.

i'm still on the fence for a vita since i don't necessarily need one. i assume fellow CAGers got one over BF. Thoughts/impressions?

Now that they actually got some decent games for it. It's better to have from when it launched and I don't regret the purchase as much now.
I do like the back touch screen except on some games where I would normally rest my hands it can pick up the movement. That can also be a good thing when I play plants vs zombies and you can use the rear screen touch pad to gather up all the sun and coins instead of poking the front screen.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#11 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Glad there are a handful of PM opportunities for black ops 2.

#12 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

The banana is not a deal. That's MSRP!

#13 Lienwrath

Lienwrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

$250, red card brings it down to about $238 before tax - $60 in gift cards, then trading in the steaming pile of a game that comes with the bundle for $15 to BB.. A Vita for ~$170 looks pretty good on paper. It's getting harder to pass these up. Now if only there were more than a handful of games I'd play on it. D;

#14 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks op, will be pm'ing black ops at best buy.

No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week.

#15 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

In for 10 bananas. Never gonna get through my backlog at this rate.

#16 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't care for the design of the system.

I want to rest my fingers on the back of the system instead of all curled up and in the grip locations. Hands cramps after about 30 minutes of play time. IF I rest my hands on the back, that trackpad picks up input on Uncharted and really hurts game play. The screen is really nice, the joysticks are stubby and my fingers slip off. They put the buttons and d-pad really close to the tops of the thumbsticks. It's has and will take a few weeks to get used to the layout, I'm still not comfortable with it. I've used the Dualshock controllers for 10+ year and the Vita layout isn't the same and throws me off.

I agree that it takes some getting used to. I was having a hell of a time aiming in Uncharted due to those sticks. Don't think I'll be playing a lot of games on Vita that require precise aiming.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

dropped by target today and saw some el hoardo with at least a dozen bananas. these people make me sick

#18 Lienwrath

Lienwrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

dropped by target today and saw some el hoardo with at least a dozen bananas. these people make me sick

I'm keeping an eye out on CL for banana flippers. Can't wait to give them a piece of my mind when I see them.

#19 Taborcarn

Taborcarn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I can get bananas at the market by me for 19 cents. Will Target price match?

#20 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Only if you have an ad that says 19 cents. Walmart is doing B2G1 bananas, but that is a package deal so Target won't match it.

#21 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Will they raincheck bananas?

#22 SmellyTunic

SmellyTunic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Was going to post about banana deal but OP beat me to it. (It would of been fun for my first post to be about a banana deal that had already been posted however)

#23 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Is there a printed ad for this available in stores? I'm definitely going to need this for a BB PM of BLOPS2.

#24 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Is there a printed ad for this available in stores? I'm definitely going to need this for a BB PM of BLOPS2.

No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week.

#25 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

No need. It will be the same price at Best Buy next week..

I know, but I want my money now dammit. :lol:

I guess I could also try to PM Amazon's price too. MMMV

#26 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I know, but I want my money now dammit. :lol:

I guess I could also try to PM Amazon's price too. MMMV

Even if you had the ad now it wouldn't (shouldn't) work since they have the dates pretty clearly marked on them. I suppose you could get someone who doesn't pay attention and luck out, but why not just wait the two days?

#27 aaandthedoggies

aaandthedoggies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Came for the deals, stayed for the bananas.

#28 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Even if you had the ad now it wouldn't (shouldn't) work since they have the dates pretty clearly marked on them. I suppose you could get someone who doesn't pay attention and luck out, but why not just wait the two days?

I think you’re confused – he wants to price match at Best Buy with this current Target ad, which is a special three day ad running today through Saturday. Best Buy will certainly price match that, although I do agree it’d be a bit easier to just do it on Sunday when their own store has it for $10 less.

I don’t blame klimb22 though, I’d be eager too :). I suppose if you were already visiting Best Buy this week it would save you from an extra trip if you weren’t planning on going next week.

#29 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

See below:

I think you’re confused – he wants to price match at Best Buy with this current Target ad, which is a special three day ad running today through Saturday. Best Buy will certainly price match that, although I do agree it’d be a bit easier to just do it on Sunday when their own store has it for $10 less.

I don’t blame klimb22 though, I’d be eager too :). I suppose if you were already visiting Best Buy this week it would save you from an extra trip if you weren’t planning on going next week.

I picked up the physical ad at Target and drove up the street to PM at BB. The ad says "Save Thursday-Saturday on the front, but has the actual dates on the back. Yes, was already out so wanted to get it done today. Too bad I have to wait to PM Far Cry 3.

#30 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Just came back from Target. They had a $50 GC with the purchase of a Lego Batman 2 PS Vita bundle.