Resident Evil 6 for $39.99 @ Amazon for Xbox 360 & PS3

[quote name='Relativetime']Title says it all. They dropped the price.[/QUOTE]

Price has been dropped t that @ Amazon for weeks.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Correction: Great game.
Awful RE.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to go with great game.

I don't understand how people say 6 is not a RE game but 4 and 5 are? It's like people waited 7 years and then suddenly decided any action = not Resident Evil.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Correction: Great game.
Awful RE.[/QUOTE]

Obviously this thread is going to devolve into a debate about RE6, so I might as well throw in my 2 cents as well.

You're right, it's an awful Resident Evil game. But even as a game in general, I think it's just a mediocre TPS. I found the cover controls to be iffy, and the pacing to be way off.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Price has been dropped t that @ Amazon for weeks.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it full price at Amazon several times in the past 2 weeks, so I dunno about that.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']I think I could wait until re6's price reaches today's re5 price.[/QUOTE]

So free for PS+? I could deal with that.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm just going to go with great game.

I don't understand how people say 6 is not a RE game but 4 and 5 are? It's like people waited 7 years and then suddenly decided any action = not Resident Evil.[/QUOTE]

5 was hated for the same reason and 4 is credited for being the start of the fall.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm just going to go with great game.

I don't understand how people say 6 is not a RE game but 4 and 5 are? It's like people waited 7 years and then suddenly decided any action = not Resident Evil.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to take some heat on this, but I disliked both 5 AND 4 as far as RE's go. 4 was a good game, but not what I wanted from RE, just as 6 is a great game but not what I wanted from RE. 5 has nothing of value except Mercenaries Mode.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Obviously this thread is going to devolve into a debate about RE6, so I might as well throw in my 2 cents as well.

You're right, it's an awful Resident Evil game. But even as a game in general, I think it's just a mediocre TPS. I found the cover controls to be iffy, and the pacing to be way off.[/QUOTE]

I red boxed it for a few days courtesy of those Redbox codes and had an absolute blast playing the hardest difficulty in couch coop with a few buddies. Throw in Mercenary mode and I was completely satisfied with the game as an avenue for enjoyment.

Still another letdown as far as an entry into the RE series though, unfortunately.

I'm definitely picking it up when it gets to about 20-30. I missed the MS Store sale for it on BF.

There are some new MP modes on the way for it as well, so its going to fit my desire for it even better.

Lots of new Resident Evil 6 content coming mid-December

The first wave of add-on content for Resident Evil 6 is coming as a timed console exclusive for Xbox 360 on December 18th. This content consists of three new multiplayer modes--Predator, Survivors and Onslaught--each of which will be priced at 320 Microsoft Points, or as a value bundle for 720 MSP.

Predator - Available for two to six players, in Predator one player takes on the role of the Ustanak, the fearsome B.O.W. that stalks Jake Muller throughout his campaign, and tries to eliminate the human players. The humans’ task: stop the deadly B.O.W. in its tracks, or at least survive until the end of the session.

Onslaught - Onslaught sees two players go head-to-head in an attempt to clear waves of oncoming enemies. Chaining combos provides the key to success in Onslaught as this will send enemies over to the opponent’s screen, the more that are sent over, the quicker the victory will be.

Survivors - Survivors takes the classic solo and team-based versus mode and adds a twist. Get killed and respawn as an enemy character with the ability to attack the human characters. Take down one human character to resurrect in human form. Last man or team standing wins. Survivors can be played by two to six players.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...w-resident-evil-6-content-coming-mid-december

Old Resident Evil is dead. Enjoy this as a Third Person adventure shooter with ties to the old RE storyline.

Enjoyable in it's own right, just deserves to be put on a different wavelength. Worth 40 dollars I'd say.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Old Resident Evil is dead. Enjoy this as a Third Person adventure shooter with ties to the old RE storyline.

Enjoyable in it's own right, just deserves to be put on a different wavelength. Worth 40 dollars I'd say.[/QUOTE]
Old RE has been dead since ps1 days

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Old Resident Evil is dead. Enjoy this as a Third Person adventure shooter with ties to the old RE storyline.

Enjoyable in it's own right, just deserves to be put on a different wavelength. Worth 40 dollars I'd say.[/QUOTE]

Get over it RE 3 and Code Veronica sold like crap, if the next installment RE 4 didn't change at all, the series would've been dead itself. My favorite games in the series remains to be RE 5 and RE 4. Although I do like mercs and the new dodge system in RE 6

[quote name='mikemb402']so can I price match this with bestbuy and use the $20 coupon they have for rewards members?![/QUOTE]

Just came in the thread to ask the same question.

[quote name='mikemb402']so can I price match this with bestbuy and use the $20 coupon they have for rewards members?![/QUOTE]
Big YMMV, but usually no.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm going to take some heat on this, but I disliked both 5 AND 4 as far as RE's go. 4 was a good game, but not what I wanted from RE, just as 6 is a great game but not what I wanted from RE. 5 has nothing of value except Mercenaries Mode.

[/QUOTE]

I like them all, but 5 is my least favorite out of the three by far.

I like the gameplay changes in 6 a lot. They feel like a natural evolution of 4 and 5 (being able to dodge whenever you want instead of waiting, melee whenever you want, etc)

RE6 is the first time I played mercenaries for more than a few minutes. It's so much more fun than in the previous games.

double dipping, doubt it

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Price has been dropped t that @ Amazon for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. It's been like this since mid-November.

I don't know why this is an arguement.

RE games have never been good. I mean, the best one isn't even a RE game, it's Devil May Cry.

[quote name='Relativetime']I've seen it full price at Amazon several times in the past 2 weeks, so I dunno about that.[/QUOTE]

Because you were seeing it from other sellers when amazon is out of stock for short periods of time.

Honestly I think the best way to play the game is how I plan on doing it....

I hear the update with camera fix etc comes out Dec 17th....? So I plan on using my free redbox game codes you can get from the other thread on this site and play this game FOR FREE and then just be done with it! :)

[quote name='CaoPi']Get over it RE 3 and Code Veronica sold like crap, if the next installment RE 4 didn't change at all, the series would've been dead itself. My favorite games in the series remains to be RE 5 and RE 4. Although I do like mercs and the new dodge system in RE 6[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hated the dodge mechanics at first but love them now. The running still sucks.

I actually liked this game quite a bit after playing through it. It borrows and evolves many aspects of 4 and 5, but at the same time omits certain features that I wish had stayed intact. Case in point, my only gripes were the item management and upgrade systems.

I didn't like how item drops were separate for each player and the inability to share ammo/frags/healing items with one another. It was possible in 5, so removing that feature was a bit of a letdown (the manual does state it is possible in split-screen co-op). Also, I would have liked limited weapon slots since being able to carry every single weapon in the game made you a bit overpowered; that's not including the already overpowered melee attacks.

In addition, separating character and weapon upgrades would have added a bit more depth instead of streamlining everything into the new "skill/perk" system. Every weapon found is already considered "maxed out" as there is no option to modify them whatsoever.

Other than that, the game is a lot of fun, especially with a co-op partner since you can chain attacks/combos. Each chapter takes about 1 hour or so (possibly more if it's your first time through) depending on the difficulty set. Mercenaries is tons of fun especially with the new dodge/parry/counter abilities at your disposal. It's even more fun with a co-op partner.

Rather than accepting the game for what it was, people played this game in hopes of a survival horror experience. While there are definitely those moments in Leon's campaign, they are few and far between. Since the game didn't satisfy the ideals of what people envisioned or had hoped, the end result is that the game "sucks." However, if you take the time to learn the clunky controls and mechanics of the game, it's actually pretty fun and enjoyable. It's not perfect, but I like it for what it is.

[quote name='TooPoor']^You can try. Won't ring up automatically, like the H:A deal.[/QUOTE]

People in another thread says that the H:A deal WILL ring up w/ a GC. It comes up with a menu that says it will be combined w/ a GC.

Doesn't Capcom re-release the same titles over and over? Should I just wait till the rumored "Final Hope" edition comes out? It's suppose to have bug fixes and have Clair DLC and what not. Not sure if its only going to be exclusive for the Wii U though. I'm still pissed that Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom was released a few months after the original.

[quote name='Zolor23']People in another thread says that the H:A deal WILL ring up w/ a GC. It comes up with a menu that says it will be combined w/ a GC.[/QUOTE]
It will still ring up automatically after a Price Match? If so I might have missed out after I have been discouraged by the failure report posts.
I remember someone saying the clerk telling him "it's one or the other"

Picked up RE6 for $20 today...

Nice!! Got in on the hitman and RE6 deals.

Store price matched first and then entered my RZ number.

[quote name='TooPoor']It will still ring up automatically after a Price Match? If so I might have missed out after I have been discouraged by the failure report posts.
I remember someone saying the clerk telling him "it's one or the other"[/QUOTE]

He did, but it's worth a shot, because I don't think it is policy to deny you of a PM+GC. It rings up automatically, up to employee whether to honor it or not. Look below!

[quote name='aznhero913']Picked up RE6 for $20 today...

Nice!! Got in on the hitman and RE6 deals.

Store price matched first and then entered my RZ number.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back