• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Vita version is $20 now too. Should I buy. Never played the series before

You'll want to play or at least read up on MGS1 before you play the games in this collection. The Vita version doesn't include the Peace Walker, which is present in the 360 & PS3 collections.

#62 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

You'll want to play or at least read up on MGS1 before you play the games in this collection. The Vita version doesn't include the Peace Walker, which is present in the 360 & PS3 collections.

Just read a review and they mentioned that. Got a 90 from ign. It's in my cart hmmm
Posted Image

#63 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Dang not sure if I should bite on Vita or PS3. Playing on a 30 minute train ride seems mighty tempting over Peace Walker.

Is the small analog sticks on a Vita crazy annoying for a game like this?

#64 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Why are people saying the game is out of print? I doubt the game is actually out of print.

If anything more copies are about to be produced or they hit the numbers that they need to make it a greatest hits.

Dang not sure if I should bite on Vita or PS3. Playing on a 30 minute train ride seems mighty tempting over Peace Walker.

Play them the way they were meant to be played.

needler420.png

#65 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I really want a PS3 copy, but I also really only want to pay 20 bucks. The wait continues. Thanks for sharing, OP.

Am I the only one who ordered the 360 version, thought about it some more, and canceled?

#66 BJownes

BJownes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Still have a sealed PS3LE copy sitting on my shelf, totally forgot about it Lol. Probably be wiser to sell it and get this on the cheap now...
[adult swim]

#67 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Why are people saying the game is out of print? I doubt the game is actually out of print.

If anything more copies are about to be produced or they hit the numbers that they need to make it a greatest hits.

1: I don't think it sold well. The Xbox 360 isn't carried at BBY anymore.

2: Do you mean play it on the PS2?

#68 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Still have a sealed PS3LE copy sitting on my shelf, totally forgot about it Lol. Probably be wiser to sell it and get this on the cheap now...

Same. I bought a new copy from a member on the site for $65 shipped about three months ago.

The price was already inflated when I got it. It's probably my best modern gen. deal.

I'm not selling it though I hope to get the art book signed by Hideo Kojima one day. When I meet him then I will open my copy.

1: I don't think it sold well. The Xbox 360 isn't carried at BBY anymore.

2: Do you mean play it on the PS2?

Either PS2 or PS3 would be fine. Really the games have always been good at getting ported so it comes down to preference. If you have the option of either console version I'd still go with PS3 since it's one disc and also meant to be game for Sony.

needler420.png

#69 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I would love to buy this one but it's near xmas and I have gifts to buy.

smudgingtest1t_zps0bb98303.png
Icon by Kikyou1, Signature by Kikyou1

#70 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

The PS3 version is the way to go. That's what the reviews say. The issue is the controller and how it is awkward to play on the Xbox 360 since it takes time to get used to. Otherwise it is the same thing.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#71 ilikerice01

ilikerice01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

And now the PS3 copies have skyrocketed in price :(

$41 for a new copy? Pls no

#72 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

When will th 32gb flash drive start? I want to use it in my free super saver shipping.

#73 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

This will be $20 MSRP soon (my guess) so no worries for those with a backlog
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#74 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

I posted this on the 2nd page I believe. Play Asia lists the USA/NA version as out of print. Their listings are always credible/correct. Not to mention the fact Newegg has been sold out for a while and hasn't restocked. Amazon listed the PS3 version as Backordered for a little while before removing their listing altogether. Mind you this is for the PS3 version. Not sure about the 360 version....haven't checked as I don't have a 360.

Here's the Play Asia link....

http://www.play-asia...en-70-49r0.html

#75 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yup. That's why I let it pass by the whole times. I still kind of wish I would have pulled the trigger. Only because I had a $5 off promo code that expires on Sunday.

I have a sealed LE and still have the original PS2 versions. I'm not the type of person that like to double dip but I will with these game just so I can play them in HD and still leave my limited edition sealed.

If I have to I would settle for a greatest hits copy, if it gets greatest hits.

needler420.png

#76 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

No PS3 versions at Konami store either. Maybe it is going GH. Dunno sounds like there is a huge market of people out there for the 19.99$ price point.

#77 whtknight

whtknight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

it's coming up as $45 now... damn i really wanted this...

#78 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Target as far as I know has the sku for this game as discontinued on Xbox 360. Doesn't mean it's out of print but does mean at least that retailer will not be carrying it anymore. I really haven't seen many stores carrying it new anymore.
www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#79 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

The occasional sale aside, the PS3 version has managed to do a pretty good job at hanging around the $30 to $40 price point for about a year. Clearly the collection has been pretty popular for Konami. It'd be shocking if it didn't see a reprint or go Greatest Hits right around the time Revenge hits when there's another spike of interest in the series.

#80 SlavetodaBOX

SlavetodaBOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Amazon is always doing this, it seems like they never have the supply on demand for what they know people will truly want.

fs_xbox.png

"If it's good news or money, leave a message."

#81 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

it's coming up as $45 now... damn i really wanted this...

it is 30 blades at BB
get it there
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#82 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

$41 now

#83 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

idk i found it out of stock at every retail location minus best buy

#84 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Amazon is always doing this, it seems like they never have the supply on demand for what they know people will truly want.

This is true with many things nowadays. It seems companies would rather have something limited vs making sales.

Like that new zelda book. Nintendo and darkhorse are both idiots. They could have made triple the amount of limited edition books they made and they would have all sold. Either Nintendo or darkhorse doesn't like making money.

They have millions of fans and they didn't think 4,000 copies would sell out.

Compared to years ago it actually makes sense nowadays to pre-order certain things as you won't get them later on at the same retail price.
Though instead we lose all the good pre-order bonus.

needler420.png

#85 SlavetodaBOX

SlavetodaBOX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

This is true with many things nowadays. It seems companies would rather have something limited vs making sales.

Like that new zelda book. Nintendo and darkhorse are both idiots. They could have made triple the amount of limited edition books they made and they would have all sold. Either Nintendo or darkhorse doesn't like making money.

They have millions of fans and they didn't think 4,000 copies would sell out.

Compared to years ago it actually makes sense nowadays to pre-order certain things as you won't get them later on at the same retail price.
Though instead we lose all the good pre-order bonus.

Very true, I also find Amazon Prime to be a joke. It seems Amazon has numerous built in excuses for not being able to ship the product on time, wither it's the associate selling or the weekend or holidays, very few products actually show up in two days. There online catalog of movies and TV shows to watch on amazon instant video is abysmal at best.

fs_xbox.png

"If it's good news or money, leave a message."

#86 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Annoying how it went out of stock for the PS3 this morning, but it is still in stock at $19.99 for the Xbox 360

#87 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

any chance they will restock at $20 for the ps3? :(

#88 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

$41 now

Still shows $19.99 :bouncy:

#89 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Very true, I also find Amazon Prime to be a joke. It seems Amazon has numerous built in excuses for not being able to ship the product on time, wither it's the associate selling or the weekend or holidays, very few products actually show up in two days. There online catalog of movies and TV shows to watch on amazon instant video is abysmal at best.

Not sure if serious......

If not hilarious

#90 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

guys, it's dead for the ps3

360 still in stock for 19.99