Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#331 ChillyWillie

ChillyWillie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Went in today to trade in Super Smash Bros Brawl and they told me its only worth $10 ($12 with my PUR).

They did say they would give me $15 if I bought something though.

I didn't do it, but was disappointed.

#332 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Anyone have any luck finding Kindle gift cards?

#333 SaviorSin

SaviorSin

Best In The World

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Wow, just grabbed 18 games from this list off my shelf, traded them in for a total of $441.20.

Purchase a 32 gig Wii u deluxe and SMBU and still had $31 and some change. A lot of the games I traded where older and sports titles, so it was a good day.

Thank you for this post, I hardly check my email associated with my powerup account so this would have slipped me by.

#334 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Went in today to trade in Super Smash Bros Brawl and they told me its only worth $10 ($12 with my PUR).

They toldme that too until they entered my card/scan then it changed to the better tiv.

#335 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

i traded mine in this morning for the $20 promotion value.

#336 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Say it with me: "GameStop worst retailer of the year". That's what CAGs have said for many many years now....
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#337 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Awesome, just PM'd Portal 2 at Best Buy for another easy 20$. Apparently another CAG had the same idea, because he was buying 2 copies as well
Posted ImagePosted Image

#338 oasisboy

oasisboy

Just snagged all the copies of Portal 2 at my K-Mart :D

Here is your medal:

Posted Image

#339 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Gamestop could kiss my ass...never again will i trade for their credit and their weak ass sales

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#340 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I only have Just Cause 2 :(
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#341 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Gamestop could kiss my ass...never again will i trade for their credit and their weak ass sales

Posted Image

#342 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Say it with me: "GameStop worst retailer of the year". That's what CAGs have said for many many years now....

Yeah...couldnt agree with you more!!!

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#343 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Can anyone confirm that the items installed on SR3 Full Package will work with the regular disc? Buddy will give me the disc but I am thinking about trading in mine for $25.

#344 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

I don't get the point of coming in here and bitching about Gamestop. You don't like them and don't wish to do business with them and thats cool. But its not really adding anything to the discussion.

#345 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I was regretting getting Forza Horizon for $15 because I don't think I'll ever play it, so really happy to see I can flip it immediately. Thanks Scorch!

#346 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I don't get the point of coming in here and bitching about Gamestop. You don't like them and don't wish to do business with them and thats cool. But its not really adding anything to the discussion.

Just ignore them.

#347 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Yeah...couldnt agree with you more!!!

I was being sarcastic dude...:lol:

#348 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Gamestop gave me $25 for the Killzone trilogy I paid $40 for with the DS3 control, and $35 for the Madden game I paid $25 for.

Horrible retailer, they deserve nothing but terrible things happening to them. What a rip off.

#349 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

I know everyone is in the "OMG, how fucking awesome, Fuck you guys who ever said anything bad about GS" mode... but I'm waiting for next month or so when we hear.. "fuck those guys, the only ever did ONE thing right back in december, since then, Fuck them" ... blah, blah, blah.

Anyways, I won't be trading anything mainly because the backlog is huge and I'm too caught up in the damn sports games. Though trading madden is tempting. I haven't touched the game but twice I think.

Any they still have yet to allow price matches. When they do that... then I'll join the bandwagon :D

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#350 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Man some great prices but I dont want to trade my games :(.

#351 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

With the way some people are buying/trading games, part of me is wondering if they aren't doing this to scan for and ban all the mass flippers.:lol:

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#352 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I know everyone is in the "OMG, how fucking awesome, Fuck you guys who ever said anything bad about GS" mode... but I'm waiting for next month or so when we hear.. "fuck those guys, the only ever did ONE thing right back in december, since then, Fuck them" ... blah, blah, blah.

Anyways, I won't be trading anything mainly because the backlog is huge and I'm too caught up in the damn sports games. Though trading madden is tempting. I haven't touched the game but twice I think.

Any they still have yet to allow price matches. When they do that... then I'll join the bandwagon :D

They will never pm.. And i say trade it in. It'll be on sale alot anyways and since u only touched it twice

#353 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I don't mind them not PMing so much since with deals like this, I make good profit off games I bought cheap. So game cost like "60" but I really only paid 20-30 for it.

#354 247

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Do those online surveys @ tellgamestop actually work?

#355 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

With the way some people are buying/trading games, part of me is wondering if they aren't doing this to scan for and ban all the mass flippers.:lol:

They dont care, they have too many grunts that go in there smelling of questionable substances saying "eayyy... yall got that new Call 'a Duty?"

Thanks god for people like that. Makes our lives a lot cheaper :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#356 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Do those online surveys @ tellgamestop actually work?

Personally I never won, so no. But if they did a bad job, I'm sure their boss will get on them since you're giving a feedback on their procedure and service.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#357 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

or you can substitute that game with FIFA or madden haha
Posted Image

Posted Image

#358 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I dont see why gamestop would care about flippers. They make money off it and its not like promos like this get them 30 copies of crap games in their store.

#359 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I love that these values are guaranteed until 12/16. I'll play the few that I do have and then trade them in.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#360 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Alright that was fun. Left the house with 5 games and $238 in credit and came home with 3 games a DS3 controller and $460 in credit.

Hit a few Blockbusters but no Alice's but I did find a bunch of Just Dance 3 Wii copies. There were at least 12 copies between the 3 Blockbusters I went to. They sold for $9.99 and traded for $20.80 so I ended up with 4 copies. If I had the time I would have done more. I also picked up a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 for $5 to keep.

No luck with Portal 2 at Kmart but both my BBY price matched 3 copies at $9.99. I kept one 360 copy and traded one each of the others for $21 each. Also picked up a used copy of Alice at BBY for $15 and it traded for $20.90.

Another good tip for anyone wanting a cheap DS3 controller. BBY is selling the KZ3 bundle on Sunday for $39.99. I bought one today at $59.99 and will price adjust on Sunday. After trading the game for $26.10 I got the controller for $16.
I also got a pristine used copy of Hitman Absolution for $34 (not great but I want to play it now)

In the end I traded:

Just Dance 3 Wii x 4 $83.20
Portal 2 x 2 $42
Alice $20.90
KZ Trilogy $26.10
Dead Island GOTY $21.00
Lego Batman 2 $21.10
GTA IV Complete $21.00
Batmann AC GOTY $21.10

Total: $256.40 (cost me $159.35)

FYI GS now sells $15 Taco Bell GCs....if that is your thing and you can use trade credit.

Also there is a good chance they are going to start selling Amazon Kindle cards.