Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#391 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hmm, have to decide if I'm done with 2K13 and Black Ops 2. Thinking of dropping the points on the 50% as well because I'll probably take in FarCry 3 when I finish it, as well as Halo Reach and a few other games. I'll figure that out tomorrow I guess.

Looking like at least AC III, SSBB, and Portal 2 for sure, maybe a couple of others. I have about $150 in credit and could probably get around another $150 if I really commit to clearing out some space. Then I'd just have to decide between Vita, WiiU, games, or wait for next gen and cut down on my system costs.

#392 syndragore

syndragore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I am 90% sure that the power up rewards extra 50% coupon does NOT work with this, since these are promotional trade-in prices and they only allow one promo at a time.

#393 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Get the ad from kmart if its near you.

i checked the ad tonight and it wasnt in there..any help would be great thanks

#394 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I am 90% sure that the power up rewards extra 50% coupon does NOT work with this, since these are promotional trade-in prices and they only allow one promo at a time.

Right, I'm thinking about using points on the PUR 50% coupon for other games I was planning to trade in that are not part of this promo. Stuff like FarCry 3 that probably still has a decent enough value base to make the 50% worth it. May be irrelevant though if the rumor of a 50% extra when used toward the purchase of a used game mentioned in the other thread turns out to be true.

#395 syndragore

syndragore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Right, I'm thinking about using points on the PUR 50% coupon for other games I was planning to trade in that are not part of this promo. Stuff like FarCry 3 that probably still has a decent enough value base to make the 50% worth it. May be irrelevant though if the rumor of a 50% extra when used toward the purchase of a used game mentioned in the other thread turns out to be true.

Don't wanna be a buzzkill but the website is listing another promo where new releases like fc3 are guaranteed $30 trade in credit up to a month after release, which again is probably not stackable with other promos. /=

#396 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

dont wanna be a buzzkill but gs.com is listing another promo where new releases like fc3 are guaranteed $30 trade in credit up to a month after release which again is probably not stackable with other promos /=

Oh man, that would be garbage. I thought that just meant they have a base of $30 for a month after release. I'll have to look in to that to see if that really counts as a promo. Might as well just save my points for a gift card then and knock some money off the WiiU or whatever.

#397 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Holy shit! Dark Souls II just annouced
Posted Image

#398 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Dame I wish I would have bought more of those Dead Island GOTY from best buy for $8.

Posted Image

#399 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

If your a Power Up Rewards member (which I am), Can you use the weekly special coupon that's 50% more trade-in on top of the values listed on the link in the first post? (ie. Forza Horizon is $35.00, so with that coupon it'll be $47.50) Is the coupon stackable with this promo?

#400 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Someone needs to actually check the promo coupon and edit if it works or not, report the findings, and have it edited into the OP. If it doesn't I won't be wasting my points, or gas to the Gamestop, since it's nowhere close...

#401 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

If your a Power Up Rewards member (which I am), Can you use the weekly special coupon that's 50% more trade-in on top of the values listed on the link in the first post? (ie. Forza Horizon is $35.00, so with that coupon it'll be $47.50) Is the coupon stackable with this promo?

No they don't stack. I think everyone should know this by now though. It has been answered like every other page of this thread.

#402 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

I can't believe people are, STILLLLLLLLL, wondering if that 50% coupon stacks.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#403 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

So many of these games I have and am not rushing/dumping into this deal. Looks like it's time for another shopping spree!

Something kept nudging me about Forza at $15!:-#

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#404 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Whoever said that amazon kindle cards may come to GS soon, I sincerely hope that is true. I would gladly cash in all my credit for AMZ GC since amazon sells diapers, wipes and formulas. Then maybe my wife will finally approve of my trading/flipping habits.

#405 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

I plan on buying up a copy of Portal 2 to trade in everyday of this promo.

Anyone know of any more good flops?

#406 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

holy shit! Dark souls ii just annouced

yessssssssssss!

#407 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

$15 for Rockband 3?

What are they trying to do to Spyro though? It's a junk title and it just keeps shooting up in price.

#408 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

going ot head to gamestop tommow and trade in couple on this list and get far cry 3 for free :p What a deal seeing alot of these games are around a year old.

#409 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

$15 for Rockband 3?

What are they trying to do to Spyro though? It's a junk title and it just keeps shooting up in price.

maybe games being traded in numbers going down would be my guess

#410 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Whoever said that amazon kindle cards may come to GS soon, I sincerely hope that is true. I would gladly cash in all my credit for AMZ GC since amazon sells diapers, wipes and formulas. Then maybe my wife will finally approve of my trading/flipping habits.

Yeah I should have not even mentioned it since it is complete rumor. Sorry if I got people all excited without anything really concrete. I hope it happens though.

#411 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hope some of these values survive until Sunday.

Oh shiiit we might have a Velo Jr. in the house. Flipping games to help support his kids. :lol:

#412 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Holy shit! Dark Souls II just annouced

the only video game that trolled it's players

#413 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Hope some of these values survive until Sunday.

Oh shiiit we might have a Velo Jr. in the house. Flipping games to help support his kids. :lol:

Hahaha! At least enough to justify my backlog to my wife, if nothing more!

#414 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Hope some of these values survive until Sunday.

why would they not survive?

#415 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

[quote name='TimboSliceGB'][quote name='Gamer4life88']Hope some of these values survive until Sunday.

why would they not survive?[/QUOTE]

"GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

They have removed games from lists before when they ran similar promos in the past. I won't be able to get there until Sunday so I'm hoping they don't remove the games I'm planing on trading.

#416 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

do you have to be a pro member to get these prices my pro ran out last month

#417 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Last time they did this Mass Effect 3 tanked half way through the promo.

#418 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

You need to be a pro member to get the prices (can be the free one)

#419 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Both Kirby games are 19.99 at blockbuster plus 50% off 19.99 or less. I just got back after finding both but didnt see anything else.

#420 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

You need to be a pro member to get the prices (can be the free one)

oh ok well hope my paid one turned into free one if not im sure i can still get the prices