Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#421 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Welp, got $240 after an error by the manager there (he scanned Assassin's Creed 3 twice... he realized it after and still let me keep the credit since it was his error... score!)

Bought a Wii U because I'm a lame consumer whore

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#422 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

If your a Power Up Rewards member (which I am), Can you use the weekly special coupon that's 50% more trade-in on top of the values listed on the link in the first post? (ie. Forza Horizon is $35.00, so with that coupon it'll be $47.50) Is the coupon stackable with this promo?

Well, it says not valid with any other offers.

Deduce what you will from that.

#423 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Im trading in like 110+ worth of credit with nothing to get till next year really, lol.

Got pretty much every Wii U game I want and only ones im on the fence about is Tekken Tag and maybe Marvel or Black Ops 2 (never played a CoD game)

#424 flywheels

flywheels

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Trading in Bully and Namco Museum for the 360 tomorrow morning. I'll get $30 credit...heck, I think I paid maybe $20 for both games 3-4 years ago!

#425 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

These prices are almost tempting me to pay retail for need for speed on 360 just so I can use it with the wheel I just got from that BB dotd. $30 is probably the highest I'd get for my ps3 copy (and is also a profit over black friday). But paying retail is usually reserved for what cag's call suckers. Wonder how long Sly will hold it's value.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#426 bizzy74

bizzy74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

just traded in Madden 13 Dead Island and Assassin's Creed fo 70 dollars store credit and I have the free Power up card...

#427 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Sly sales for 39.99 used still at gamestop. likely will hold its value unless Sony decides to run another print on it.

Im tempted to trade mine but god damn it, I went through a lot of work to get that game at Wal-mart black friday after losing out on Amazon twice, lol.

#428 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

Trading in Bully and Namco Museum for the 360 tomorrow morning. I'll get $30 credit...heck, I think I paid maybe $20 for both games 3-4 years ago!

I love Bully. I would almost buy it off anyone willing to sell it.

#429 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Sly sales for 39.99 used still at gamestop. likely will hold its value unless Sony decides to run another print on it.

Im tempted to trade mine but god damn it, I went through a lot of work to get that game at Wal-mart black friday after losing out on Amazon twice, lol.

I think you can still buy it for 17 new shipped from NewEgg (if anyone still wants a reasonably priced copy).

#430 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

Anyone know the TIV for You Dont know jack DS and Twilight DS?
Is the trade 3 for $10 still going on and when does it expire?

#431 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Thanks OP! I traded in 7 games and got myself a refurbished 32 GB Vita stick for $80 in credit and Persona 4 Golden. With 25 in credit left over.

#432 brewin

brewin

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

I love Bully. I would almost buy it off anyone willing to sell it.

It was on sale on Live Games on Demand for $15 last week. Might still be on sale.
Posted Image

#433 guessed

guessed

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

You need to be a pro member to get the prices (can be the free one)

You need to be a Power Up Rewards member to get these values, not pro. Pro is the paid one, and it will get you an extra 10% on top of these values.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#434 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

A little off topic here, but I heard a while ago that if you pay for an item in all trade-in credit, they don't charge you tax. Is this true, or did I misread?

#435 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

A little off topic here, but I heard a while ago that if you pay for an item in all trade-in credit, they don't charge you tax. Is this true, or did I misread?

Depends on which state you are in.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#436 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

I ended up getting about $300 in credit and used a third of it to buy 2 copies of Xenoblade online. It's about time for me to try it out!

#437 247

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

So I did miss something. Gamestop will be selling the Kindle Fire http://news.cnet.com...-with-purchase/

#438 even13flow

even13flow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I traded in Hitman: Blood Money and WWE 13. I can't believe that at this point they are giving $20 TIV on a game that was made in 2006! I'm glad I held onto it for that long. I'm pretty sure the only reason is because the new Hitman game came out so maybe people want to pick up the earlier copies for the continuation of the story.

Also went to Kmart and picked up a few copies of Portal 2 to flip for a profit. The TIV is so tempting I'm considering selling my copy that I've had since day 1.

#439 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

I traded in Hitman: Blood Money and WWE 13. I can't believe that at this point they are giving $20 TIV on a game that was made in 2006! I'm glad I held onto it for that long. I'm pretty sure the only reason is because the new Hitman game came out so maybe people want to pick up the earlier copies for the continuation of the story.

Also went to Kmart and picked up a few copies of Portal 2 to flip for a profit. The TIV is so tempting I'm considering selling my copy that I've had since day 1.

I say trade them. 22$ after the extra 10% from the pur card aplied makes each copy 100% profit over cost. Im getting 66$ for my 3 copys which is sweet !
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#440 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Anyone had luck trading multiple same game? If so , howd u do it . Did u show reciept?

#441 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Okay, quick question- Is the Trade In Credit only for Pre Owned games or anything at GameStop ? The reason I am asking this is I traded in Madden and Sly for 45$ credit but the store employe thinks that's the 50% bonus credit which is actually less than 45$ but insists its the same and says it's towards pre owned games only. Any light on this would be appreciated!

#442 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Okay, quick question- Is the Trade In Credit only for Pre Owned games or anything at GameStop ? The reason I am asking this is I traded in Madden and Sly for 45$ credit but the store employe thinks that's the 50% bonus credit which is actually less than 45$ but insists its the same and says it's towards pre owned games only. Any light on this would be appreciated!

The values you got are based on the promotion, which I think the link is in the OP. (Here it is for you again www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues). The 50% is a separate promotion than this one. You can show the employee the link provided if he/she is still confused.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#443 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Anyone had luck trading multiple same game? If so , howd u do it . Did u show reciept?

I traded in 2 copies of Forza Horizon without having to show a receipt. It depends on your store I guess.

#444 Anchorhead

Anchorhead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Made profit on Forza Horizon and NFS: Most Wanted big time! Thanks OP!

Good+Munchies.png

#445 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

For any of your gamesss. They say that because they are not aware of the promo , just ring it up and show them ur PUR card and it'll show

#446 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I traded in 2 copies of Forza Horizon without having to show a receipt. It depends on your store I guess.

Oh , i have 2 more gamestops near me ... But no gas money ><. Ahhh , ill try tmrw and see.

#447 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

For any of your gamesss. They say that because they are not aware of the promo , just ring it up and show them ur PUR card and it'll show

Thanks! That's what I assumed. But the guy at the desk, as usual, acted bossy and insisted it was only towards pre owned copies even after I showed him the online link . I realized it was better to keep my mouth shut and walk out instead of continuing it with him.

#448 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thanks! That's what I assumed. But the guy at the desk, as usual, acted bossy and insisted it was only towards pre owned copies even after I showed him the online link . I realized it was better to keep my mouth shut and walk out instead of continuing it with him.

Yeah, same thing happened to me i just let him keep talkin then after he added my pur card and insisted i trade towards a pre-owned game , baaaammm it popped up on the system and he said "oh looks like your pur card did do something" and he was shocked , mightve been why i called 2 hours later and he refused to let me trade in duplicate copys now hah . When i first call in the morning they were fine w/ doing duplicate /: but i didnt have any yet.

#449 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So I did miss something. Gamestop will be selling the Kindle Fire http://news.cnet.com...-with-purchase/

You missed something. We started today and yes we have kindle amazon gift cards as well.

#450 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The values you got are based on the promotion, which I think the link is in the OP. (Here it is for you again www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues). The 50% is a separate promotion than this one. You can show the employee the link provided if he/she is still confused.

:bouncy: Yey! I am planning on trading in Skyrim and Forza as well.Any thots on that ? I bought an Xbox bundle on BF and not a fan of racing games. Already own skyrim on ps3.