Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#451 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Yeah, same thing happened to me i just let him keep talkin then after he added my pur card and insisted i trade towards a pre-owned game , baaaammm it popped up on the system and he said "oh looks like your pur card did do something" and he was shocked , mightve been why i called 2 hours later and he refused to let me trade in duplicate copys now hah . When i first call in the morning they were fine w/ doing duplicate /: but i didnt have any yet.

Yeah, better go to some other store and do it. I didn't buy anything from my store because of the way the pro sales dude was acting. Will prolly go after some time and get what I want.

#452 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

So I'm assuming that the trade 3 get $10 bonus won't work with this deal? What if you are trading 3 games on the same transaction that aren't on the list? Or should I just do a separate trade in for those?

#453 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

:bouncy: Yey! I am planning on trading in Skyrim and Forza as well.Any thots on that ? I bought an Xbox bundle on BF and not a fan of racing games. Already own skyrim on ps3.

I'm pretty sure that skyrim from the Xbox bundle is just a download voucher so you wouldn't be able to trade it in.

#454 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So I'm assuming that the trade 3 get $10 bonus won't work with this deal? What if you are trading 3 games on the same transaction that aren't on the list? Or should I just do a separate trade in for those?

From what I have learnt ,it won't work if any of the 3 games rings up for this.

#455 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

You missed something. We started today and yes we have kindle amazon gift cards as well.

So is GS selling Amazon kindle GC in-store or is it only for the Kindle fire bundle?

#456 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Guess I'll do a seperate one then.

If I trade in a copy of the Last Story, do you need to trade in the collector's box it comes in or just the Wii game box?

#457 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that skyrim from the Xbox bundle is just a download voucher so you wouldn't be able to trade it in.

Yeah I am going to trade in the one for ps3. I bought it like last year but never had the time to play. I have two options trade in my ps3 copy at gamestop or try to sell the digital copy to someone. Selling , is not my thing as I am too lazy . But I wish someone here could just pop up and buy it. So that's that.

Forza, still thinking. Should I give it a try or just trade it off?

#458 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

If I trade in a copy of the Last Story, do you need to trade in the collector's box it comes in or just the Wii game box?

Don't know much about wii games but I do know that as long as the game is the same one which is on the list GS doesn't care if you have a box or nothing on it. It works and is the same one , you are good!

#459 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Both Kirby games are 19.99 at blockbuster plus 50% off 19.99 or less. I just got back after finding both but didnt see anything else.

Is that everywhere or just at certain Blockbusters?

#460 vicks

vicks

I heart CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

You missed something. We started today and yes we have kindle amazon gift cards as well.

The doors you've just confirmed open for a lot of us... Thank you. :)

#461 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

So is GS selling Amazon kindle GC in-store or is it only for the Kindle fire bundle?

We don't have very many, but the G/C sku is its own thing

#462 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

We don't have very many, but the G/C sku is its own thing

Great mother of.... I do live in a small town with only 3 GS within limits but even if each of them have 10 or less to sell... this is going to change my outlook on trading to GS in the future for sure. Thanks Confidance for your info. Personally the best news I've heard in CAG.

#463 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

If true i cant effin wait to turn my stupid gamestop store credit into amazon gc 8D!.. Stupid 3ds xl is 200$

#464 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Cant wait to get my dr dre beatz headphones with my credit ! I refuse to spend 200$ plus tax out of my pocket and these flipping opertunities came at the perfect time :). What are you guys gonna use your credit on ?
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#465 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Cant wait to get my dr dre beatz headphones with my credit ! I refuse to spend 200$ plus tax out of my pocket and these flipping opertunities came at the perfect time :). What are you guys gonna use your credit on ?

Kindle giftcard if they have it if not ima keep it for a 3ds xl deal/bundle

#466 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

If they are indeed selling kindle cards I'm going to trade in my :ps3: and upgrade to a new one right away.
Excited.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#467 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Hopefully my brother can get money from GameStop for the Forza Horizon that I gave him.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#468 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

never trade in the goodies! most places accept disc only

#469 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Wasn't planning on it for that game. :lol:

#470 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

I did this, but what the hell am I gonna do with the box and shit?

#471 guessed

guessed

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Depends, if you ever want to replace the game, it'll be much easier to find a cheap disc-only copy than a cheap complete copy.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#472 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

wow, this is awesome. Might have to try flipping a few things for Black Ops 2 on Wii-U.

#473 J7.

J7.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Try to sell it on ebay and have people buy it then back out of the sale when it's not the full game. Then repeat that process until you throw it in the garbage.

Anyone had luck trading multiple same game? If so , howd u do it . Did u show reciept?

Traded in 2 copies of same game. Will trade in 2 more at a different store soon. They questioned me about the 2 copies. Thought it would go smoother given that some people claim to trade in tons of multiples. Not sure if they are driving around to gamestop after gamestop and how many they're able to sell at each visit.

#474 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Rebuy the game on AWD in acceptable condition!

#475 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Try to sell it on ebay and have people buy it then back out of the sale when it's not the full game. Then repeat that process until you throw it in the garbage.

Traded in 2 copies of same game. Will trade in 2 more at a different store soon. They questioned me about the 2 copies. Thought it would go smoother given that some people claim to trade in tons of multiples. Not sure if they are driving around to gamestop after gamestop and how many they're able to sell at each visit.

Will likely do 2x copy each store , i found 2 that are right across of eachother. So 40$ = 80$ in credit not badd

#476 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Most of them i already traded it / dont have anymore sigh.

lolol this

#477 J7.

J7.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I have read people claim that too, but I haven't read about anyone attempt it. I guess if people have traded in 3 already it should've automatically applied, but maybe they would have to input the promo or it's only doable with an override.

#478 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

good grief. looks like im getting a free wii-u tomorrow. thanks op
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#479 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Just to clarify for me...I HAVE to have the PUR card to do this? I can't just walk in and say hey I want to trade these games in and expect to get anywhere near these prices?

If that is the case....should I just become a member on the spot?

#480 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Just to clarify for me...I HAVE to have the PUR card to do this? I can't just walk in and say hey I want to trade these games in and expect to get anywhere near these prices?

If that is the case....should I just become a member on the spot?

Yes you need a card