Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#541 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

You just got banned.

No since it happened 3 days ago and I traded yesterday troll.
Posted Image

#542 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well i wouldnt call i abusing it as it was their choice to bump up these values (i mean come on 15$ for ass creed 1 ? Lol)

If you went to any store and bought a game just to go to GameStop to flip, especially five copies of a game, that abusing. I still don't understand why any mention of these equals an automatic suspension here.

#543 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

If you went to any store and bought a game just to go to GameStop to flip, especially five copies of a game, that abusing. I still don't understand why any mention of these equals an automatic suspension here.

Exactly what rule or law is being broken?
Posted Image

#544 milleniumbugx

milleniumbugx

Hustle 'n Flow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Exactly what rule or law is being broken?

Where I live, Gamestop only allows one copy of a game to be traded in per year. I don't know if this is a one copy per store per year, or one copy to any Gamestop.

#545 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I haven't read these numerous pages but I assume people are abusing GameStop and flipping everything... did I nail it?

Yes, and then some of these people will bitch about GameStop being shit because of terrible customer service reps or because some crazy transaction was denied... then vote for GameStop as worst retailer of the year.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#546 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

LOL , there is no way the tivs will hold up till 12/16, going to dump my games today

#547 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Where I live, Gamestop only allows one copy of a game to be traded in per year. I don't know if this is a one copy per store per year, or one copy to any Gamestop.

bullshit gamestop have no such rule . if that was the case many of us would be banned from there
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#548 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Yes, and then some of these people will bitch about GameStop being shit because of terrible customer service reps or because some crazy transaction was denied... then vote for GameStop as worst retailer of the year.

Eventhough their customer service isnt great it would be a shame if they are voted worst retailer this year just cause of their reputation. They acually have been good this year. The worst for me has been target. Besides their ymmv clearance deals they havent had anything this year
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#549 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Again, over 4,000 GameStops in the US. Every store makes up their own rules but people have been trading multiple copies for years. Someone trading 5, 10, 15 copies of a game is not costing anyone, anything here. I used to get upset about this stuff but as long as you are not stealing the game or scamming the store you are not doing anything wrong. I was a t BBY yesterday and found a BLOPS 2 case ripped open and the disk removed. THAT is the type of shit people should be mad about.
Posted Image

#550 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Again, over 4,000 GameStops in the US. Every store makes up their own rules but people have been trading multiple copies for years. Someone trading 5, 10, 15 copies of a game is not costing anyone, anything here. I used to get upset about this stuff but as long as you are not stealing the game or scamming the store you are not doing anything wrong. I was a t BBY yesterday and found a BLOPS 2 case ripped open and the disk removed. THAT is the type of shit people should be mad about.

Black Friday I was at my local best buy at around 3am. I watched a guy with a small hand basket standing in the aisle, grabbing games by the handful like he was on Supermarket Sweep. I confronted him asking what the hell he was doing... he tells me he owns a pawn shop/game store and the BF prices at best buy are better than his cost so he drove to every BB in my area and bought up EVERY copy of their games on sale.

That's exactly what people are doing here today with Portal 2. Screwing dozens of people out of a game on sale to make a few bucks.

#551 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Black Friday I was at my local best buy at around 3am. I watched a guy with a small hand basket standing in the aisle, grabbing games by the handful like he was on Supermarket Sweep. I confronted him asking what the hell he was doing... he tells me he owns a pawn shop/game store and the BF prices at best buy are better than his cost so he drove to every BB in my area and bought up EVERY copy of their games on sale.

That's exactly what people are doing here today with Portal 2. Screwing dozens of people out of a game on sale to make a few bucks.

First come first serve

#552 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

The manager at my local GS lets you trade in as many copies as you want.

#553 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that most people that legitimately wanted the game for $10 would have gotten it by now - they had the entire week to do so.

#554 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

There was 5 days before this gamestop Trade in deal started to get Portal 2 at KMART. Besides, if your kmarts are like mine and had zero, just go to best buy and price match. My BB had over 20 copies of Portal 2 and the managers cared very little for how many I wanted to price match.

#555 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

The manager at my local GS lets you trade in as many copies as you want.

Yeap so its ymmv i couldnt get my gs to let me do multiple

#556 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

I don't quite understand the business benefit to GS of doing this. I guess if they get a lot of trades along with this: say, they get 3 games at their usual crappy price along with one big promo, they make out. But I don't see how offering $15 for Assassins Creed when they sell it for only $20, particularly if they're doing this ahead of the known B2G1 sale post-Christmas.

SI

#557 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Portal 2 has been $9.99 at Kmart since Sunday...it is Sat...exactly who is being screwed? There were at least 6 copies each at both BBY I was at.

Edit: Also, who the hell "confronts" another person at a store buying video games...no matter how many they are buying? You need to reassess yourself?

#558 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

well gamestop is losing money and closing 200 stores

http://www.bloomberg...-s-outlets.html

i don't care if they go under since this lady told me about a review i posted and said i can't come back in that store ..i guess we can't post bad reviews now
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#559 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

All of the portal 2 copys i brought were on the shelf the whole week so nobody seemed to want them. I just did kmart a favor and cleared them out for them. Now lets stop the useless argument and enjoy this great promo !
Currently playing

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:

#560 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

This thread has grown by over 400 posts since I last checked in yesterday.

I have two quick questions:

1) Have any games dropped of the list?

2) I traded in NCAA 13 yesterday and it showed on my receipt as $15 base + $15 Bonus = $30 (The advertised TIV) but because of how it was split I only got an extra 10% of the $15 base. Did I get the correct promotion or did I get a older promotion?

I guess what I'm asking is are these values considered 100% TIV bonuses?

#561 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

This thread has grown by over 400 posts since I last checked in yesterday.

I have two quick questions:

1) Have any games dropped of the list?

2) I traded in NCAA 13 yesterday and it showed on my receipt as $15 base + $15 Bonus = $30 (The advertised TIV) but because of how it was split I only got an extra 10% of the $15 base. Did I get the correct promotion or did I get a older promotion?

I guess what I'm asking is are these values considered 100% TIV bonuses?

Yeah the 10% is only on the base. Just Dance 3 Wii was $20 but the base was only $8 so I got $20.80.

I think the list is still good as of now.

#562 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Welcome to Capitalism. If you can buy something somewhere at X and resell it for Y, then you're certainly entitled to do that. The guy was being a smart businessman.

No one is getting "screwed" on Portal 2. The game has been out for quite some time now and many who wanted it have had ample opportunity to pick it up for cheap.

#563 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yeah the 10% is only on the base. Just Dance 3 Wii was $20 but the base was only $8 so I got $20.80.

I think the list is still good as of now.

^ Thank you for answering my question.

Also----for any games that include content that is not on discs (certain GOTY; GOW Saga) you only need to trade in the case, artwork and disc correct?

#564 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

^ Thank you for answering my question.

Also----for any games that include content that is not on discs (certain GOTY; GOW Saga) you only need to trade in the case, artwork and disc correct?

Yup, I kept the portal steam codes from the Portal 2's I traded in.

#565 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I don't quite understand the business benefit to GS of doing this. I guess if they get a lot of trades along with this: say, they get 3 games at their usual crappy price along with one big promo, they make out. But I don't see how offering $15 for Assassins Creed when they sell it for only $20, particularly if they're doing this ahead of the known B2G1 sale post-Christmas.

SI

1. Most of those games, people will buy at their used price. Gamestop gives you $30 for Borderlands 2 on the PS3, someone will end up buying it used for $54. While they may not make as much money from the whole sale, they still get the business they may not have gotten previously.

2. Potentially drives up reservations and Power Up Pro accounts. People end up trading a lot in one trip, well it makes the pitch for PUP easier since the card is basically free after factoring in the extra 10%. You also have the potential increase of reservations due to people having lots of credit and they may or may not have games they want that is already out.

3. It undercuts other places that consumers may go to get rid of their games. Essentially these values are higher or at least the same as selling them on eBay or Amazon and you get more value trading them at Gamestop as opposed to Best Buy.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#566 Fors78

Fors78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Does this stack with the trade 3 get $10?

#567 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

1. Most of those games, people will buy at their used price. Gamestop gives you $30 for Borderlands 2 on the PS3, someone will end up buying it used for $54. While they may not make as much money from the whole sale, they still get the business they may not have gotten previously.

2. Potentially drives up reservations and Power Up Pro accounts. People end up trading a lot in one trip, well it makes the pitch for PUP easier since the card is basically free after factoring in the extra 10%. You also have the potential increase of reservations due to people having lots of credit and they may or may not have games they want that is already out.

3. It undercuts other places that consumers may go to get rid of their games. Essentially these values are higher or at least the same as selling them on eBay or Amazon and you get more value trading them at Gamestop as opposed to Best Buy.

Basically ..... Gamestop flips lmao
Currently playing

Games recently beaten

#568 milleniumbugx

milleniumbugx

Hustle 'n Flow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

bullshit gamestop have no such rule . if that was the case many of us would be banned from there

That's why I said "where I live".

#569 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Basically ..... Gamestop flips lmao

Yeah GS is the King of flipping.

#570 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Wow, didn't realize how good these prices were until I just checked Amazon for the 3 games I want to trade in:

Just Dance 2 - GS $20 AMZ $8.80
Sly Collection - GS $25 AMZ $7
Kirby Dreamland - GS $30 AMZ $5
total - GS $75 AMZ $20.80 That's enough for me to make the drive.