Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#31 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Looking forward to some in-store confirmations on this, seems too good to be true on a lot of these values, esp on the heels of Black Friday deals.

#32 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Amazing trade in values!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#33 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The problem with Gamestop trade-ins is that they never have good deals to spend the credit on.

Hitman $40 new/$37 used....
RE6 $40 New/$37 used

Both sell for more on ebay/amazon, plus hitman just came out!
Posted Image

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hitman $40 new/$37 used....
RE6 $40 New/$37 used

Both sell for more on ebay/amazon, plus hitman just came out!

Hitman is $39.96 at Walmart B&M

Resident Evil is 39.99 at Amazon

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

If I can find a used copy of Darksiders Wii U anywhere close, I'll trade in my Black Ops 2 Wii U copy and pay the $6 difference.

#36 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

That's because MPT goes for around $60-70 for the disc only, and way more for the steelbook on ebay. I know not everyone likes ebay, but in this case gamestop is shorting you half the value.

Counter-point: gamestop will give you $20 for NSMB DS ($15 on ebay), $25 for sly cooper collection ($16 sold via newegg on ebay, or on newegg itself), and $20 for smash bro brawl ($20 on ebay if you sell it, minus fees, shipping, etc, so GS is more).

Wow, didn't know it sold that high elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up. Will keep my "still unplayed" Steelbook copy for later resale.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#37 Tax

Tax

The Project

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm guessing if you were to trade in God of War Saga, the codes included can't be redeemed?

#38 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I would be so much more excited about this if those values were cash and not GS credit. Not much I want. Guess I might unload NHL 13 though for $30

#39 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Surprised Halo 4 is only $30 and Forza is $35.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#40 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm guessing if you were to trade in God of War Saga, the codes included can't be redeemed?

There's no way they can resell digital codes, they will only check for the disc

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

marvel ultimate alliance gold edition? i didn't even know they had a gold edition...

#42 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Do you guys think that I can still opt for cash trade in and still retain the values posted in the OP? I know that they deduct some percentage off ( does anyone know how many percentage they take off as well? ) but if I can still get a percentage off those values, it will still be a good trade.

I only ask because like one of the earlier post says, I cannot simply find good ways to get rid of GS credit. ( It is probably because I'm banned from BB trading. ) I'm still having trouble getting rid of the credit I got from the October GS Trade-in promo they had similar to this one.

#43 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Surprised Halo 4 is only $30 and Forza is $35.

Probably cause its such a highly released game, they probably expect trade ins to come in regardless of trade-in value, so you don't offer as much of a value if you know you will have plenty of "used games" quantities of it.

I don't know if that made sense. ;)

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#44 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Oh my.

I can't wait to read an entire thread about people bragging about all their flips.

Then don't read the thread?

#45 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Probably cause its such a highly released game, they probably expect trade ins to come in regardless of trade-in value, so you don't offer as much of a value if you know you will have plenty of "used games" quantities of it.

Kinda what I was thinking too...

Figured the folks who only bought it for the campaign and to play MP before BO2 came out, they're gonna trade it in as long as they get at least $30 for it.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#46 midloo

midloo

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Wow... I was surprised to see what Bully Scholarship edition is going for on Amazon. What happened there? This used to be a dirt cheap used game.
Posted Image

#47 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

I just traded yesterday. Can I go back and get credited more because some of those I didn't even get what they are offering on that list with the extra 50% credit promo on the power up rewards

#48 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Wow... I was surprised to see what Bully Scholarship edition is going for on Amazon. What happened there? This used to be a dirt cheap used game.

I did the same thing with some games I was considering trading. Example, rock band 3 is like $63 on Amazon

#49 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Looks like the 10 dollar Portal 2 for PS3 from Kmart is getting traded in for a profit (minus the Steam activation code)

#50 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Not really since they are offering $35 for AC3 and $40 for Blops 2.

It seems they think they are convincing people to trade in the highly released games by offering more tiv. Why it seems weird Halo 4 only gets $30. $40 for Blops 2 seems reasonable considering what you can sell it for, it doesn't seem that way for Halo 4 as you can get more for that selling it.

I guess its based on how much stock they have of the games. Looking online Halo 4 is in stock at more stores around me than Blops 2.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#51 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Am I reading this correctly that Assassin Creed is going for 15?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

One of the rare cases where the game on demand price is less than the market used price.

#53 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Time to make over 100% profit on Forza Horizon.

Seriously, why are there cutscenes in a Forza game?

It's not a full sim Forza game and those scenes are each under a minute except for the first one. I wish people would chill out about that. No one complains when they're in NFS.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#54 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

It's not a full sim Forza game and those scenes are each under a minute except for the first one. I wish people would chill out about that. No one complains when they're in NFS.

People still love to hate on anything that changes the formula too much while keeping the brand name.

The fact is that Forza was getting stale and Horizon gave it some new life that it desperately needed if the series was going to move forward.

I'm hoping the next game will at least keep some of the changes, maybe not the tone of the game, but the more interesting events and open world.

#55 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Alice Madness Returns? Did that all of sudden become popular or something?

$20 is a good price but I don't think I could bring myself to trade it in...

#56 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

is this for pro members only?

#57 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

The problem with Gamestop trade-ins is that they never have good deals to spend the credit on.

You're probably right about that, I've honestly never traded a game into gamestop before. I've always sold on eBay or Amazon, or tried to anyway, or I still have things I know probably wouldn't sell but could use a better outlet to make a little bit more money. My family unfortunately traded in our genesis and dreamcast back in the day. :( but in all honestly I only ever played the sonic games, and they've remade them now.

Does your trade in credit ever expire if you just leave it in your account?

#58 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Time to make over 100% profit on Forza Horizon.

Seriously, why are there cutscenes in a Forza game?

Which cutscenes are you referring to? The 1 second scene showing your car, or the 1 second scene showing you walking to your car on certain races?

I've played through the game almost in it's entirety now and the ONLY long cutscene I remember was right at the start to setup a story.

#59 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Alice Madness Returns? Did that all of sudden become popular or something?

$20 is a good price but I don't think I could bring myself to trade it in...

get your money & buy it back later?

#60 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lol, this is so true. I've sitting on $100+ credit for over a month now and still don't have anything to buy. Too lazy to flip to BBY.

Just an advice from personal experience, don't trade in 3 games at 1 time because that will trigger the tiered promo. The computer will not always give you the better deal. Just try and do separate transaction.