Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#571 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Black Friday I was at my local best buy at around 3am. I watched a guy with a small hand basket standing in the aisle, grabbing games by the handful like he was on Supermarket Sweep. I confronted him asking what the hell he was doing... he tells me he owns a pawn shop/game store and the BF prices at best buy are better than his cost so he drove to every BB in my area and bought up EVERY copy of their games on sale.

That's exactly what people are doing here today with Portal 2. Screwing dozens of people out of a game on sale to make a few bucks.

How is it that you always have some sort of anti flipping story that always seems to affect you in some sort of way?

#572 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

NICE K-MART TO GAMESTOP FLIP
Portal 2 360/PS3 10 AT KMART

Portal 2 360/PS3 20 AT GAMESTOP

#573 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I bought some of these games new over the last few weeks that I'll probably just trade in and rebuy later but I really wish threads like this stuck to a format of:

You can find this game [Insert Game] at this tore [Insert Store] at this price [Insert Price]. It is trading into Gamestop for this price [Insert Price].

Rather then people criticizing each other for falling on one side or other of the flipping debate.
To be honest the only time I get excited and participate in that clusterfuck of a debate is when some idiot finds the need to post pictures and brag about how sweet his haul was, like he needs the attention because he wasn't hugged enough as a child (or maybe he was hugged too much).

I rarely trade so I find some of the advice and information in this thread to be helpful unfortunately it has become almost impossible to navigate.

#574 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

My local TRU has a shit ton of Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold on clearance, last I checked it was $15 though.

#575 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

My local TRU has a shit ton of Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold on clearance, last I checked it was $15 though.

If so, you better do the smart thing and NOT trade them in to GS.

#576 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

wow, buy me a copy then. That game is hard to come by and is way too expensive. Wonder why they never made a #3?

#577 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Do you know how much you can get for those sealed copys on ebay ? DO NOT TRADE THEM IN !!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#578 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

You have got to be kidding a new copy of that is worth 100+.

#579 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Damn, I never finished up Sly Collection and I kind of want to trade it in because there will never be a better opportunity than this (it gets more than what I'm sure most of us paid recently...) But I know if I trade it in I probably won't re-buy it and it'll tease me every time I see it. It's not like an easy-weekend finish either, since it's three full games. Oh well, I might just hang on to it.

#580 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Got an email saying my store had the WiiU Deluxe in stock. Went and picked it up. Thanks for a basically free WiiU!

Thanks OP

#581 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Ooo... Thanks for the tip! Someone mentioned a game, yesterday, that they say they saw at TRU. I checked eBay and it goes for $120-$190! :hot:

I have found some gems in TRU before.

Looks like I'll be on the hunt for 2 games!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#582 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

How is it that you always have some sort of anti flipping story that always seems to affect you in some sort of way?

:lol:

Damn, I never finished up Sly Collection and I kind of want to trade it in because there will never be a better opportunity than this (it gets more than what I'm sure most of us paid recently...) But I know if I trade it in I probably won't re-buy it and it'll tease me every time I see it. It's not like an easy-weekend finish either, since it's three full games. Oh well, I might just hang on to it.

Last sale like this(a few months ago), I traded in a brand new copy of Sly I got from Sears that I paid $6.50 for. Got $26 or $27 for it, I think.

Someone on here was saying something about it may not be easy to find later and something about it being out of print.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#583 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

so how are people price matching kmart's 9.99 price of portal 2? it isn't in the ad and is not online (that i have seen).

#584 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

so how are people price matching kmart's 9.99 price of portal 2? it isn't in the ad and is not online (that i have seen).

it is most definitely in the weekly Kmart ad

#585 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Well its in my local ad.

#586 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

definitely in the in-store ad. I stopped by mine and picked it up at the cs counter

#587 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Nyc kmarts dont have physical ads smh
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#588 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

When you go to BB, have them go into the local ad of Kmart's site on their computer. However, all I am getting to show up on my HP Touchpad is the Xbox version.

#589 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

When you go to BB, have them go into the local ad of Kmart's site on their computer. However, all I am getting to show up on my HP Touchpad is the Xbox version.

Just under the image of the xbox version in the ad it lists that the shown game prices are also good for PS3. If you view the HTML version of the actual ad you can click a link to print the page...
http://kmart.shoploc...30&pagenumber=8

#590 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just under the image of the xbox version in the ad it lists that the shown game prices are also good for PS3. If you view the HTML version of the actual ad you can click a link to print the page...
http://kmart.shoploc...30&pagenumber=8

Thanks for the tips!:D

#591 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

The PS3 copies of Portal 2 are the ones that come with the Steam copy too right?

tumblr_n8m4m92c2R1tyi0d7o1_500.gif       output_U62dcJ.gif

#592 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

As I don't trade games into Gamestop I have another noob questions.

Is your purchase/trade history universally available at any Gamestop location? Or can their computer see your purchase/trade history for any store at any time?

#593 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Is your purchase/trade history universally available at any Gamestop location? Or can their computer see your purchase/trade history for any store at any time?

If your asking this because of the per trade limit at the store, yes they can see what you traded in but if you want to cover your ass just have your receipts with you. I don't think they check what you previously traded in but it may throw some redflags further up the ladder but nothing to really worry about.

#594 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

If so, you better do the smart thing and NOT trade them in to GS.

Do you know how much you can get for those sealed copys on ebay ? DO NOT TRADE THEM IN !!!!!

wow, buy me a copy then. That game is hard to come by and is way too expensive. Wonder why they never made a #3?

You have got to be kidding a new copy of that is worth 100+.

Ooo... Thanks for the tip! Someone mentioned a game, yesterday, that they say they saw at TRU. I checked eBay and it goes for $120-$190! :hot:

I have found some gems in TRU before.

Looks like I'll be on the hunt for 2 games!:D

Wow, thanks would of never known. Guess I,m in for 9 of them then when I get money.

#595 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

If your asking this because of the per trade limit at the store, yes they can see what you traded in but if you want to cover your ass just have your receipts with you. I don't think they check what you previously traded in but it may throw some redflags further up the ladder but nothing to really worry about.

No I mean I have a used and new (sealed) copy of Portal 2 along with RDR GOTY because of having previously owned it and buying it during black Friday.

To avoid complications I'd rather not trade all four games (two duplicates) in at the same time. But I have two gamestop stores right next door to each other (about a block away).

I'd rather trade two in at one store and two at the other but not if at the second store they're going to see that 10 minutes earlier I had just traded the same games in.

This also gives me an opportunity to see if either store has any clearance CE's

#596 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Are these deals good only for Pro members or for all PowerUp Members?

#597 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

well gamestop is losing money and closing 200 stores

http://www.bloomberg...-s-outlets.html

i don't care if they go under since this lady told me about a review i posted and said i can't come back in that store ..i guess we can't post bad reviews now

GameStop is not losing money and the stores that are closing are underperformers. Actually GameStop is opening "GameStop Kids" stores around the country. You have a very narrow minded view of how competition is good for everyone.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#598 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

You can try Target and BB. I think Target requires a physical ad? Although they've been trying to pump up their new price match policy so I'm not sure if that means they'll look up the kmart circular ad online for you or not.

Has anybody PM'd to Target without a physical ad before?

Also, I assume trading in 3 games or more on the PUR list doesn't automatically trigger the 3/$10 promo now.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#599 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

GameStop is not losing money and the stores that are closing are underperformers. Actually GameStop is opening "GameStop Kids" stores around the country. You have a very narrow minded view of how competition is good for everyone.

I always figured that Gamestop was pulling a "Lowe's tactic" where they would set up shops everywhere in an attempt to close down competition (i.e. Ma and Pa stores) and once they had a firm hold of the market they would close down some of the stores that weren't necessary like those that didn't perform well or were in very close proximity to one another.

I hate gamestop as much as the next person but they are very good at getting people to overpay for games

#600 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

The employee can see your last 5 purchases but no trade info.