Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#751 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Best Buy would be stupid to let anyone trade in warped games. Whats to stop someone from just grabbing a bunch of games off the shelf then walking over to trade them in? lol

#752 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

mass effect 3 is 15 bucks on amazon right now not sure if it was ever posted

#753 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

It's not part of this trade-in-value deal unfortunately. It only goes for $7.00 according to the TIV tracker on CAG.

#754 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Best Buy would be stupid to let anyone trade in warped games. Whats to stop someone from just grabbing a bunch of games off the shelf then walking over to trade them in? lol

The stickers?

#755 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Not really relevant to this thread but yea if not posted put it up

#756 Electro

Electro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks for the TIV OP. Traded in some copies of portal 2 haven't flipped since the best buy fiasco with that free nerf strike game. No go on the kindle GC cards though. Hopefully they stock them soon.

#757 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

I took Sly Collection and Dead Island GOTY and was only offered 21 bucks total back anyone know why?

There's a second screen that the store clerk has to go through to see if any promotions are applied. The first screen will just list the trade-in values before the promotion kicks in. I had traded in three games today and, initially, it said I was only going to get ~$35 or so. But after the clerk went to the next screen, the price jumped to $80.

#758 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Everyone talking about Kindle cards...not me...I just got $300 in Taco Bell...oh yeah!!

#759 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Everyone talking about Kindle cards...not me...I just got $300 in Taco Bell...oh yeah!!

I hope you have a good health plan!

#760 ThEliteOne

ThEliteOne

PSN Trophy Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

90% of CAG does this.

Have to agree here... I'm a trophy hunter as well as a CAG, so i stockpile games so I always have something new to platinum.

Today I traded in 2 games that I unwrapped DIRECTLY before going into the store, and got double what I paid for them.

Aside from that... I have 22 more games, wrapped in cellophane, sitting on a shelf... some of them I've had for over a year. I paid 5 and 10 bucks for most of them, and I play the ones I like first, and by the time I beat the ones I like.. I usually have MORE that I like and just never seem to get to the ones on the bottom of the pile.

At any point though they could get turned into credit somewhere... Oh well.

#761 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Just a disclaimer, I have no problem with their policy of not taking sealed games.

#762 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Have to agree here... I'm a trophy hunter as well as a CAG, so i stockpile games so I always have something new to platinum.

Today I traded in 2 games that I unwrapped DIRECTLY before going into the store, and got double what I paid for them.

Aside from that... I have 22 more games, wrapped in cellophane, sitting on a shelf... some of them I've had for over a year. I paid 5 and 10 bucks for most of them, and I play the ones I like first, and by the time I beat the ones I like.. I usually have MORE that I like and just never seem to get to the ones on the bottom of the pile.

At any point though they could get turned into credit somewhere... Oh well.

this sounds just like my situation.

#763 Electro

Electro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

this sounds just like my situation.

same here haha :applause:

#764 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

:wall: I seriously don't know what to do about Sly. I actually WANT it, but that's such a good TIV. Essentially 3x what I paid. But, again, it's a game I enjoy. Decisions...

#765 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I couldn't get to a K-Mart for Portal, kind of bummed. Oh well, I'm going to try and hit up a blockbuster tomorrow. I really want to get some credit for Black Ops 2 on wii-u.

#766 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

:wall: I seriously don't know what to do about Sly. I actually WANT it, but that's such a good TIV. Essentially 3x what I paid. But, again, it's a game I enjoy. Decisions...

feeling the same with forza :/

#767 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Trade it for $25, rebuy new from newegg free ship for $16. Problem solved :P
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#768 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Good man.

#769 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

feeling the same with forza :/

Trade it for $35, rebuy new from microsoft free ship for $15
Spoiler
. Problem solved :P

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#770 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

Yay! Traded dance 2 and 3, sly collection and a few Wii shovel ware for just under 100$ credit! Yay! If I didn't have to buy a game as a gift I'd put it towards a 3ds!

My first big trade, I never trade but now, what the heck.i have too many games.

Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#771 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

:applause::applause::applause:

#772 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Other than what callmewoof has posted, I don't think it's worth it if it's something you enjoy. Unless you're trading it towards something you enjoy, even, more!

I have a number of games on that list, some I don't have systems for, yet. Well, Wii 3DS. And, I'm not trading them even though I'd make a profit. Not trading my $15(Target)LBP Karting that I haven't opened.

Not worth trading it if you'll feel weird later.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#773 evilways811

evilways811

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

First time poster, long time lurker.

Traded in a few games, both in the list and not from the list and wasn't expecting much. Surprisingly got about $204, so I basically paid just tax for a 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle and got a free Nintendogs game.

#774 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Since u all love credit, buy two just dance 4 from bb, two free 20$, trade em in at gs for 25$+ ea, about 10$ in profit if u get the extra 10% from pro.

#775 kevinmlssu

kevinmlssu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Have to thank you guys for this, ended up getting a 32gb Wii U for 21 bucks.
Probably would have never gotten one without this trade in deals.

#776 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Not finished with Borderlands 2 myself, but since I havent brought any DLC yet, I figure nows the time if any to trade it. It'll only go down from here
Posted ImagePosted Image

#777 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Ended up biting on trading in Lego Batman 2. Bought it from the Gamefly sale, and I don't really see what's so great about it besides the cuteness. Made $22 on it, and also traded an old iPod touch. Got a 1600 point card for Fan Axxess on WWE 13 cause, well hell I'm addicted to that game at this point. Something about being in 5th grade again and playing WWF War Zone on PS1.

Not sure what else to use credit on. Considering pre-ordering Dead Island Riptide. Some good perks on it, huh?

#778 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

now begins the quest for the WIi U for a penny

#779 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not finished with Borderlands 2 myself, but since I havent brought any DLC yet, I figure nows the time if any to trade it. It'll only go down from here

Ahh you are going to part with BL2.
Still addicted to the slot machine, and "borrowing" money from my wife's mechromancer to fund my addiction...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#780 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ahh you are going to part with BL2.
Still addicted to the slot machine, and "borrowing" money from my wife's mechromancer to fund my addiction...

I would keep it, but my backlog is insane now, havent touched it in weeks. And I have no plans to buy the DLC anytime soon. Might as well just wait for a GOTY edition on it, or get it on a really good sale down the line.

Trying to build up a ton of credit to blow in combination with my employee discount tomorrow night, 25% off almost anything at GS (Outside of consoles) is insane....
Posted ImagePosted Image