Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#781 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

25% off at GS is almost as good as shopping at BBY or Amazon.
tl

#782 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

25% off at GS is almost as good as shopping at BBY or Amazon.

Lol, theres a few really good values I have found so far. I'm mostly just getting a ton of older used games I have wanted to play, though also getting Warriors Orochi 3 for WiiU and a WiiU Pro Controller
Posted ImagePosted Image

#783 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Since u all love credit, buy two just dance 4 from bb, two free 20$, trade em in at gs for 25$+ ea, about 10$ in profit if u get the extra 10% from pro.

Yeah, but unless you live in one of the few tax-free states, you have to figure that into the cost of the JD4's. $80 x sales tax, let's just be conservative and say $85 total, trade the games in for $50-ish in GS credit (guess a tad over that with the PUR 10%), and get a $40 BB gift card. Spend $85-88 (depending on your tax rate) to get $93 or so in credit.

#784 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Lol, theres a few really good values I have found so far. I'm mostly just getting a ton of older used games I have wanted to play, though also getting Warriors Orochi 3 for WiiU and a WiiU Pro Controller

yea i hear ya. I've been picking up a lot of older games that i never played. just got Resistance for $3 and MGS4 for $9
tl

#785 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Not finished with Borderlands 2 myself, but since I havent brought any DLC yet, I figure nows the time if any to trade it. It'll only go down from here

I'm guessing you didn't get in on this?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332792

#786 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Do I need to call the staff in Gamestop before I am going to trade in tomorrow? I am so afraid that they will reject my forza horizon because too many people traded in this game.

#787 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

PS3 gamer here, so that wouldnt have helped me either way :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#788 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

WHAAAAAAAAT? I MISSED THAT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

gotta check that section of the forums more

#789 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

:wall: I seriously don't know what to do about Sly. I actually WANT it, but that's such a good TIV. Essentially 3x what I paid. But, again, it's a game I enjoy. Decisions...

i personally wouldnt trade in sly, i think that game is maybe going out of production. u dont see these at any b and m location. the only two big sites i usually see em is newegg and amazon.

#790 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Do I need to call the staff in Gamestop before I am going to trade in tomorrow? I am so afraid that they will reject my forza horizon because too many people traded in this game.

No the only reasons an employee can reject your trade:

1. Bring it in sealed. YMMV if store will let you trade it in if you have your original store receipt but just don't bring sealed games to trade.

2. Related to 1. but say or give the impression you stole it.

3. Disc is cracked beyond the spindle into the data and can't be refurbed.

4. Disc needs refurbishment and base TIV is under $1.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#791 io

io

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yeah. seriously, I've been trading to GS for years and of course reading other CAGs' trade-in stories for years as well and never once have I heard of Gamestop rejecting a game because "too many people traded" it in. In the grand scheme of things, I doubt all that many copies of Forza Horizon have been traded in - mostly because it is not currently available cheap (you had to have had it already and I doubt that many people bought multiples with trade-in in mind). There have been other games in the past that were much more heavily traded since they were cheaply and easily available during a trade-in promo.

#792 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just saw this on BB ad. Killzone Triolgy w/ Dual Shock on sale for $39.99. Get a dual shock for $15 after trading Killzone Trilogy into Game Stop.

Edited by gla55jAw, 09 December 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#793 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Traded in 12 games for about $237 yesterday =). Nothing I really want to buy at the moment though

#794 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Might get that controller bundle and buy another gow saga. Trade in my current copy and the killzone collection. Thanks BB

#795 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Tempted to trade in the Metro Prime Trilogy. Still have yet to play it since I never touch my wii anymore.

I do wish the Assassin's Creed value applied to the Xbox 360 version as well however.

card.png

#796 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Tempted to trade in the Metro Prime Trilogy. Still have yet to play it since I never touch my wii anymore.

I do wish the Assassin's Creed value applied to the Xbox 360 version as well however.

Metroid is going for $70+ on eBay, just so you know.

#797 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah. I sold my unsealed complete MPT for $150 over the summer. Don't trade it in.

#798 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Gamestop doesn't let my wife or myself trade games at the sunset hills location. I know I can go down the street and trade somewhere else, but its messed up I buy a PUR card and then they say we are banned from trading less than a month later. I have a buddy that will flip for me, but still, Fuck gamestop.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#799 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yeah. I sold my unsealed complete MPT for $150 over the summer. Don't trade it in.

Metroid is going for $70+ on eBay, just so you know.

I'm not one who messes with ebay a lot so I wasn't aware of that, thanks. Looks like I'm making an exception.

card.png

#800 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Gamestop doesn't let my wife or myself trade games at the sunset hills location. I know I can go down the street and trade somewhere else, but its messed up I buy a PUR card and then they say we are banned from trading less than a month later. I have a buddy that will flip for me, but still, Fuck gamestop.

Is there a particular reason? Did you maybe flip a bunch of the same games? Best Buy is the same way if so. Anyway, not necessarily directed towards you, but everybody who seems to think just because it's a corporation that they can break the rules and then be pissed off when the company doesn't let you take advantage of them... It's sad. If you want to lose your chance of trading in games, go right ahead, but then you can stop being a bitch about it afterwards.

76561198003985248.png

#801 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

If one Gamestop Gets to many of a game, they can just and will just sent it to other stores that have no or low stock on it or even just to corporate so they can sell it on the website.

#802 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

can the infamous collection that was included with the PS3 bundle be traded in for the full $15? (the games were packaged in a cardboard sleeve) or the Assassins creed Liberty Vita version that was bundled with the system? (just the game card in a plastic package)

#803 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

can the infamous collection that was included with the PS3 bundle be traded in for $15 (it was in acardboard sleeve) or the Assassins creed Liberty Vita version that was bundled (just the game card in a plastic package)

Yes. You don't need cases when trading games in to Gamestop.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#804 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just saw this on BB ad. Killzone Triolgy w/ Dual Shock on sale for $39.99. Get a dual shock for $15 after trading Killzone Trilogy into Game Stop.

Or get a Killzone Trilogy for 15, the trade in for a DS3 is 25 or so, I think. I hate the camo DS3s
Posted Image

#805 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Another question, if I am trading in 6 games, is the best thing to do 3 games at a time so I get the $10 bonus and just end up doing 2 transactions?

#806 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Another question, if I am trading in 6 games, is the best thing to do 3 games at a time so I get the $10 bonus and just end up doing 2 transactions?

If any of those games are included in this list, I'd trade them in separately, since there's a chance the $10 bonus might override the values in the list.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#807 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

How is it abuse really when Gamestop makes money off of it?

Like I said, promos like this bring them in in demand items. They are getting games that they want because they are popular this time of year.

Its not like you can take advantage of by bringing in a bunch of crap games and getting 20-30 a pop for them.

#808 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

It sucks Velo you're stuck with one of the two worst-run Gamestop's in South/West St. Louis County (the other being the store on Telegraph Road.) The Fenton store manager has said if he was ever promoted to area manager, one of those two stores would be his pet project and he would give them one month to shape up and if they didn't then he would clean house.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#809 tkook1940

tkook1940

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, i flipped Forza Horizon and Dance Central 3 and got $68.10. Then, snatched Dishonored used for 49.00....

483684.png

#810 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

What is this $10 bonus?