Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#61 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Wow... I was surprised to see what Bully Scholarship edition is going for on Amazon. What happened there? This used to be a dirt cheap used game.

Am I missing something? Amazon shows they will give you $7.10 for it. That is a private seller asking $75 for it new. My guess is this game is long out of print.

#62 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

The dead island GOTY flip is tempting.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm definitely trading in Forza Horizon - it's not that I didn't like it, but it's not something I need to play right now (was an impulse buy when it was $15 during BF); even better, I had bought a copy for my little cousin for Christmas, and with the $35 (+10% for Pro I'm assuming) trade-in I'll just use that to buy him a copy of Pokemon Black/White 2 that he'd like a heck of a lot more anyway!

Regarding PS All-Stars, are you able to trade in the PS3 copy and still have a fully functioning Vita copy? I played it a few times and think it's only OK, so it'd be great to recoup some of that money and still have a digital Vita version to mess around with.

#64 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Alice Madness Returns? Did that all of sudden become popular or something?

$20 is a good price but I don't think I could bring myself to trade it in...

Same here, I'm too attached to it. I loved that game, been meaning to make another playthrough some day.

That goes for a lot of games though, either I traded them in already or I wouldn't want to. But either way, time to start digging through my box o' games.

#65 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I know this is stupid to ask, but is this confirmed?

I am a rewards member and I didn't get an email...
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#66 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Damn, awesome prices for some of these games. Metroid Prime Trilogy gets $40, that's insane. Now I regret not buying Dead Island for $8 on BF, would have made a clean $12 profit.

I might trade the following (might keep some as well, this is technically me making my list on the post ;) ):

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Xbox 360 $15.00
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified - PS Vita $30.00
Dance Central 3 - Xbox 360 $30.00
Forza Horizon - Xbox 360 $35.00
Hitman Blood Money - Xbox 360 $20.00
Just Dance 3 - Xbox 360 $15.00
Little Big Planet Karting - PS3 $30.00
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Wii $40.00
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - PS Vita $20.00
One Piece Unlimited Adventure - Wii $30.00
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - PS3 $30.00
Portal 2 - Xbox 360 $20.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii $20.00

$335 nice! what will you do with that credit?

#67 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm actually curious about this too. I'm gonna call my Gamestop when they open and get a quote on a couple games.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#68 Fracas

Fracas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I know this is a stupid question, but since I'm unfamiliar with Gamestop's rewards system:

Are these trade in values only for the "paid" powerup rewards members? I have absolutely no idea how this works lol.

#69 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Damn, awesome prices for some of these games. Metroid Prime Trilogy gets $40, that's insane. Now I regret not buying Dead Island for $8 on BF, would have made a clean $12 profit.

I might trade the following (might keep some as well, this is technically me making my list on the post ;) ):

Bully: Scholarship Edition - Xbox 360 $15.00
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified - PS Vita $30.00
Dance Central 3 - Xbox 360 $30.00
Forza Horizon - Xbox 360 $35.00
Hitman Blood Money - Xbox 360 $20.00
Just Dance 3 - Xbox 360 $15.00
Little Big Planet Karting - PS3 $30.00
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Wii $40.00
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - PS Vita $20.00
One Piece Unlimited Adventure - Wii $30.00
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - PS3 $30.00
Portal 2 - Xbox 360 $20.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii $20.00

Metroid Prime Trilogy goes for almost $80 on Amazon. Even after shipping and fees you can still do a lot better than $40.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#70 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I got the same email from GS.

#71 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

BUSTED! I actually just like to wake up at 7AM and type up insane trade in values to rustle everyone's jimmies.

www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#72 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

I know this is a stupid question, but since I'm unfamiliar with Gamestop's rewards system:

Are these trade in values only for the "paid" powerup rewards members? I have absolutely no idea how this works lol.

Not this one. Pro members get an extra 10% on top of this I'm assuming, as the email said that Pro members get more than the listed prices.

#73 tehsolo

tehsolo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

rock band games lose value faster than madden games, if you have rock band 3 sell it and buy it back when you feel nostalgic a few months from now(if ever) for like $3-5. Or just get it on craigslist, activision whored that franchise to death so copies of the game are everywhere.

#74 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Is the new msrp for RE6 $40? I dont want to trade in my launch copy, but Ive only done jake's stroy and havent ouched the game since. I would like to trade it in for $25 now and rebuy it later this month for $40.

#75 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

marvel ultimate alliance gold edition? i didn't even know they had a gold edition...

It's the version with all the DLC characters added and is the only way to play with those characters unless you bought the DLC before it was pulled. It sells for $60-$90 on Amazon.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#76 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm actually curious about this too. I'm gonna call my Gamestop when they open and get a quote on a couple games.

Don't do that b/c these values won't show up when an employee just looks for the TIV. It has to be done in the register program with a powerup account attached to it. The screen will show a base TIV and then a promo value to get the TIV to the price listed in the OP. If you're Pro, you'll get 10% extra on the base.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#77 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I got the email with the subject "Get $25 In-Store Credit for Mario Kart Wii" and a link to the list and TIV good til 16th. Can't view the list at work but I would assume it's the same one on the original post.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Is the new msrp for RE6 $40? I dont want to trade in my launch copy, but Ive only done jake's stroy and havent ouched the game since. I would like to trade it in for $25 now and rebuy it later this month for $40.

GS and Amazon are the only ones that have it at $40 now but I'm sure others will follow suit soon.

You'll NEVER see GS give more for it again, every store has tons of copies.

42869.png

#79 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

I got an email that specifically mentioned Metroid Prime Trilogy and only MPT, it didn't list any of these other games. Wonder if that's because I bought it from them a long time ago and now they're seeing if they can get it back since it's out of print and highly sought?

#80 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

rock band games lose value faster than madden games, if you have rock band 3 sell it and buy it back when you feel nostalgic a few months from now(if ever) for like $3-5. Or just get it on craigslist, activision whored that franchise to death so copies of the game are everywhere.

Rock Band is EA, Activision is Guitar Hero. I just checked prices for Rock Band 3 for PS3 on eBay for sold copies, and it seems to be going for a surprisingly decent amount (above the $15 TIV with this promo).

#81 MOTORCITY_MADMAN

MOTORCITY_MADMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

I can confirm prices for sly, madden and dead island.Just traded them in.

#82 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Nice try troll.

1. It's EA not Activision for Rock Band.
2. Rock Band 3's price has gone up since it's out of print and people still want it. It sells for $30 new, $25 used at Amazon and $25 used at Gamestop.

Unless you live in an area with a bunch of people selling games on CL, good luck getting a cheap RB 3 copy. I ended up buying it on GoD for $20 with some of my Target BF points.

42869.png

#83 tehsolo

tehsolo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Nice try troll.

legitimate brain fart but you can call me a troll anyway, douche. everything i said is accurate for guitar hero and i'm not going to edit it.

#84 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I got the same email from GS.

BUSTED! I actually just like to wake up at 7AM and type up insane trade in values to rustle everyone's jimmies.

www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues

Don't do that b/c these values won't show up when an employee just looks for the TIV. It has to be done in the register program with a powerup account attached to it. The screen will show a base TIV and then a promo value to get the TIV to the price listed in the OP. If you're Pro, you'll get 10% extra on the base.

Thanks all. :) I'm gonna flip a few of my games and get some much needed PSN credit.

Edited by tylerh1701, 07 December 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#85 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm definitely trading in Forza Horizon - it's not that I didn't like it, but it's not something I need to play right now (was an impulse buy when it was $15 during BF); even better, I had bought a copy for my little cousin for Christmas, and with the $35 (+10% for Pro I'm assuming) trade-in I'll just use that to buy him a copy of Pokemon Black/White 2 that he'd like a heck of a lot more anyway!

Regarding PS All-Stars, are you able to trade in the PS3 copy and still have a fully functioning Vita copy? I played it a few times and think it's only OK, so it'd be great to recoup some of that money and still have a digital Vita version to mess around with.

From what I understand your download is tied to the disc. As long as you've gone through the full redemption process on your ps3 and started the download, it's yours to keep (digitally that is.)

#86 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Looks like I will be getting paid $3 to play Lego LOTR. I got it from Amazon on BF for $30 and already platinumed it. Now since I a a pro member I'll gladly swap it for $33 in credit. I bought it with an amazon gift card to begin with.

Really tempted to trade in Metroid Prime as well even if I could get more on ebay. I do not think I want to deal with trying to sell it on there. I only paid $10 for it from Best Buy. Never played it and I know I never will.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#87 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

They won't be quoting these prices though. There is a bonus attached to each of them. Most likely your GS will have no clue about this like many of them the last time they ran this.

Edit: Late to this party...always read everything before you reply dummy.
Posted Image

#88 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Gonna trade in Assassin's Creed(PS3) and pick up it up on a Steam sale. PC version has some improvements.

#89 Twizz

Twizz

An Eff'n Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Some good TiVs, I may end up with a Wii U after all.

I can't make the call anytime soon, does anyone know the TiV for Dragon Age 2 for the 360?

Thanks in advance.

#90 mike28212

mike28212

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I got an email that specifically mentioned Metroid Prime Trilogy and only MPT, it didn't list any of these other games. Wonder if that's because I bought it from them a long time ago and now they're seeing if they can get it back since it's out of print and highly sought?

I think that is probably the case b/c I got an email about UFC being $20 and I did buy it at GS with some credit when it first came out. I have few of the sports games listed that I want to unload b/c I never seem to play them.