Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#871 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Best buy is selling the Dualshock 3 Killzone Trilogy Pack for $40.
Gamestop is buying the Killzone Trilogy for $25 in store credt.

Thats 15 Dollars for a Dualshock 3 in Camo. Just though I would point that out if no one hasn't yet.

THANKS!! :bouncy:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#872 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

why must gamestop do this to me. Thinking about trading in dead island, forza, tales of graces, and killzone and putting it towards a headset, but forza is just so fun.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#873 willywonka159

willywonka159

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Can someone explain what this "buy a crossbow for $0.40 for some deal if you trade in 3 games" is? I am about to go and trade in 3 games today. And does it stack with this promotion?

#874 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Can someone explain what this "buy a crossbow for $0.40 for some deal if you trade in 3 games" is? I am about to go and trade in 3 games today. And does it stack with this promotion?

The poster is most likely referring to Links Crossbow training for the Wii... Promos do not stack without an override. The best trade in promotion right now is get a bonus 50% (+10% of base for powerup members) when you buy something used. If they have the crossbow disc for 0.40 used you're out very little if there's nothing used you want right now.

#875 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

damn with TRU's BOGO sale that is pure profit with Zombie U

#876 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

damn with TRU's BOGO sale that is pure profit with Zombie U

I'm confused. 2 copies of Zombie U would cost $90 plus tax. If you traded both in to GS, you would get $80 credit.

#877 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

You could pick up a ps3 controller for 15 bucks with this.

http://www.bestbuy.c...&skuId=6901675

Sale the game for $25

#878 cmul8985

cmul8985

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I apologize if this has been asked already but im not going to scroll through 40 pages to find the answer, can you trade in games maked not for resale? Example infamous collection from the ps3 black friday bundle. Thanks in advance

#879 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I apologize if this has been asked already but im not going to scroll through 40 pages to find the answer, can you trade in games maked not for resale? Example infamous collection from the ps3 black friday bundle. Thanks in advance

Yes.

Bought Killzone Trilogy and Controller Bundle for $40 and traded in the Trilogy gor $26.xx. $15 for a nice looking controller? Yes, please.
Posted Image

#880 cmul8985

cmul8985

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Yes.

Bought Killzone Trilogy and Controller Bundle for $40 and traded in the Trilogy gor $26.xx. $15 for a nice looking controller? Yes, please.

Thanks!

#881 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Was able to turn 200 dollars into 400 awesome sale. Will probably end being banned ,Nahhh power to the flippers!

#882 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Turned 40$ into 100 here, which I used to order 130$ worth of stuff. I couldn't be happier

#883 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Think its been pointed out like once every 5 pages

this applies to far too many posts...

I'm not going to search or read, so i'm just going to ask the question that was literally answered on the previous page, which was the 3rd or 4th or 5th time the same question had been asked and answered...

between this and the inevitable argument about flipping/hoarding/GS-banning, and we wonder why these threads are 40 pages long.

(and yes, i know i'm not helping, kthxbye)

#884 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

K-mart has the sly collection on sale for $14.99. Scored it for $10 after $5 SYWR reward. Traded in for $25. Not too shabby!

#885 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Went on a "treasure" hunt all over my city this weekend visiting many places for this deal.

Came up with about $460 in trade in credit after 5 paid off pre-orders. With only about $140 in cash out of pocket, and $40 in BB credit.

My Gaming budget is good for two years at least.....Christmas came early! Thanks Cag

#886 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

K-mart has the sly collection on sale for $14.99. Scored it for $10 after $5 SYWR reward. Traded in for $25. Not too shabby!

Is this in the ad or something? It was $29.99 when I checked today
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#887 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Is this in the ad or something? It was $29.99 when I checked today

Dunno if it's ymmv. There was a blue sale sticker for $14.99. Not clearance or anything

#888 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

To trade, or not to trade Borderlands 2 and Halo 4..hmmm.:-k

#889 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

So I get more trade in value, but have to pay retail for new games? No thanks.

I hear you man even though I have a **** ton of store credit now because of this deal, I still don't want to use it to pay MSRP for a new game. It sucks that Gamestop doesn't price match any stores either [-(
Posted Image

#890 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

If you think about how much you made in profit... are you really playing MSRP?

#891 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Here's hoping they don't drop the trade values before the date this is scheduled to end. Can't go until tomorrow and have a couple of games I could trade in.

#892 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

have about $400 in gamestop credit now. Will probably buy a few steam gift cards when ever the steam sales come around. and i guess ill start saving for a next gen console.

#893 BadBrains

BadBrains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Gamestop has some pretty good deals every so often. Just don't let the credit burn a hole in your pocket and you'll be good

#894 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

So you do not have to have the original cases to trade-in? I really don't do trade-in that often with GS, but with the given credits on some of these games (Portal 2, etc.) I might as well cash in now.

#895 griffey95

griffey95

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Took 4 games that I had sitting around finished that I was never going to touch again and walked out with 5200 Microsoft points and 3 months of Hulu plus. Good enough for me. No need to flip anything, basically free in my book.

Edit: No original cases needed. Didn't have a case or book for Blitz the League 2 and they happily accepted it in a generic white clear case.

#896 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

I just took the cover art out of the case for the Killzone Trilogy since it is marked "not for resale" but the discs aren't. Just to avoid any hassle.
tl

#897 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

why must gamestop do this to me. Thinking about trading in dead island, forza, tales of graces, and killzone and putting it towards a headset, but forza is just so fun.

Just buy yourself a cheap $10-20 Rocketfish headset. Works good enough. I've been using the same one for like 2 years.

Problem solved.
tl

#898 driver

driver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

Some gamestops have kindle cards but they are very reluctant to give em up cuz the of kindle+kindle gift card deal they are doing.
Live long and prosper.

#899 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Does anyone know how much a regular ds3 controller trades in for? Sorry if its been asked.

#900 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Some gamestops have kindle cards but they are very reluctant to give em up cuz the of kindle+kindle gift card deal they are doing.

Wow!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS