Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#901 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Does anyone know how much a regular ds3 controller trades in for? Sorry if its been asked.

The Trade In Value thread says $24.75 as of December 2nd.

#902 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for that. One last thing. When trading in the controller do you have to include the charging cable? I just watched an unboxing video for the killzone controller bundle and it didnt include one, just the controller and the game.

#903 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

lol i was planning to use the games below for white elephant gift exchange this wednesday, but I said "F IT".

After 3 GSs,

3x Sly Collection HD ($10.XX Amazon BF deals)
3x Forza Horizon ($16.XX MS Store BF deals)
3x Portal 2 ($10.XX PM at BB)
3x Super Smash Bros. Brawl ($10.XX at Sears)
2x Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($6.XX Target Clearance aisle)

Total spent: $166.XX = $349.XX worth of GS gift cards

Thanks OP

Edited by postaboy, 10 December 2012 - 03:55 AM.

Lakers for Life!

#904 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

It's not about being obsessed with flips, it's about trying to get games for cheap out of pocket. This is CAG right?

shame on you and you call yourself a gamer, a cag at that. skyrim reference btw

#905 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

lol i was planning to use the games below for white elephant gift exchange this wednesday, but I said "F IT".

After 3 GSs,

3x Sly Collection HD ($10.XX Amazon BF deals)
3x Forza Horizon ($16.XX MS Store BF deals)
3x Portal 2 ($10.XX PM at BB)
3x Super Smash Bros. Brawl ($10.XX at Sears)
2x Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($6.XX Target Clearance aisle)

Total spent: $163.XX = $349.XX GS gift card

Thanks OP

u sir are an awful person

#906 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

It's no longer $24.75. It's $22 now.

#907 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

u sir are an awful person

How's that awful? F GS. They ripped people off with their trade-ins.
Lakers for Life!

#908 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

just curious, but how is everyone who is flipping games getting the money out of Gamestop. Are you guys successful getting the Amazon giftcards? because my gamestops are fighting me on buying them, saying they are only promotional.

#909 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

yep I can confirm the Dualshock 3 tiv is now $22. Just traded one in today.

@ Royal High Knight - no you don't need to include a charging cable, just the controller
tl

#910 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

How's that awful? F GS. They ripped people off with their trade-ins.

How is it ripping people off if thousands happily trade games in daily? Most people do not care and are happy with the easiest option when getting rid of a game. Honestly don't hate on them for creating a business off of people's lazyness.
Posted Image

#911 lightningangel

lightningangel

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

How is it ripping people off if thousands happily trade games in daily? Most people do not care and are happy with the easiest option when getting rid of a game. Honestly don't hate on them for creating a business off of people's lazyness.

He's just bitter about GS because he has nothing better to do with his boring life than complain.

#912 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

yep I can confirm the Dualshock 3 tiv is now $22. Just traded one in today.

@ Royal High Knight - no you don't need to include a charging cable, just the controller

thank you and bunck for your answers. :applause:

#913 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

so $18 store credit for Zelda Skyword Sword then sell it for $45. Okay man.
Lakers for Life!

#914 lightningangel

lightningangel

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

It's called being a successful business. If you hate GS so much, why even waste your time GOING INTO A GS THREAD?

#915 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

It's not GS's fault that people go in there and still trade in their games at ridiculously low prices and buy it at ridiculously high prices.

They're a business like any other business. Do you expect GS to give you $30 for a copy of that game? No. Because they still have a large supply coming in.

It's all bout the Supply and Demand. It's all about economics.

#916 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yes, how dare a for-profit entity try and actually make a profit? After all, things like overhead costs and payroll don't exist right?

Kyden139.png

#917 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Gamestop wouldnt still be in business if they gave you 40 for a game and then sell it for 45.

#918 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

It's not GS's fault that people go in there and still trade in their games at ridiculously low prices and buy it at ridiculously high prices.

They're a business like any other business. Do you expect GS to give you $30 for a copy of that game? No. Because they still have a large supply coming in.

It's all bout the Supply and Demand. It's all about economics.

Expanding on that, I'd like one person to find me any used store that offers any more than 40% of retail value for a trade-in. I've come to find that if you use that number, it's usually in the ballpark of what you will end up getting. Of course that's fudged on older games, but regardless, if you went into business for yourself, would you want to give somebody $30 on a game that you'll turn around and sell for $40? People keep saying a $10 profit over what Gamestop will give them is barely worth it, when they pay half of what GameStop will give them in in-store credit. People grasp for anything to bitch about GameStop, and yet if GS completely closed it's door, people would bitch about having retail or Amazon to buy games. Jesus Christ there's no winning with people.

76561198003985248.png

#919 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

regardless of their used game trade in and sell prices, selling opened games that may or may not be missing stuff as "new" is shady as all hell. I seriously can't understand how they get away with this.
tl

#920 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

agree with you. what most people dont understand who complain about these things are either 18 and younger, or have the mind of a 12 year old when it comes to business. its not only laziness(comfort), its also about creating a safe environment for everyone to trade their games in especially for children. im pretty sure parents prefer their kids trade in their games to gamestop rather than try and list shit online and craigslist.

honestly if there was no gamestop, you would not have amazon trade in, you would not have bby trade ins. without gamestop you would NOT have amazon and best buy trrying to so hard to compete in the gaming market with lower prices. come on guys go easy on the company, imagine a world without gamestop, then bby would lower the crap out of their trade values and cagers would find somethin else to bitch about.

all i know is cags can continue to say childish things like eff gamestop, all i know is gamestop corporate fat cats are laughing back at em because they know they will continue to keep coming back.

#921 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Well, its not like they open every new game up, just the ones for disply.

You can argue that they should just make display boxes, but I understand the reasoning behind why they dont.

#922 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

regardless of their used game trade in and sell prices, selling opened games that may or may not be missing stuff as "new" is shady as all hell. I seriously can't understand how they get away with this.

Again. It's about being a business. It is total garbage that they open a game, have an employee play it, and then sell it off as "new" but the primary reason they do this is in order to cut down on holding costs.

Having a game in a paper sleeve is a lot cheaper than keeping a game sealed on the shelves. This means they have more room to put other games up there = More profit.

#923 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Im sure I can find a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops - Wii for $5 someplace can't believe that gets $25

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#924 Squabbit

Squabbit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

If people wouldn't steal then I am sure the company would have no problem putting those wrapped up games on the shelf for you to pick up and purchase. I have watched GS employees open up games that go directly into a sleeve and into a drawer behind the counter, and with all their preowned games kicking around why in the world do you think they would be playing the brand new ones?

Don't get pissy with a company because people can't be trusted, i am sure there are plenty of other legitimate reasons to hate Gamestop.

#925 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

If people wouldn't steal then I am sure the company would have no problem putting those wrapped up games on the shelf for you to pick up and purchase. I have watched GS employees open up games that go directly into a sleeve and into a drawer behind the counter, and with all their preowned games kicking around why in the world do you think they would be playing the brand new ones?

Don't get pissy with a company because people can't be trusted, i am sure there are plenty of other legitimate reasons to hate Gamestop.

Well at least there is one thing we agree on, there is no shortage of reasons to hate GS.
tl

#926 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Well at least there is one thing we agree on, there is no shortage of reasons to hate GS.

I don't think you understand... Keeping GS around is good for US. It keeps prices competitive and low for the CONSUMERS. And just for that, I love GS.

#927 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Well, its not like they open every new game up, just the ones for disply.

You can argue that they should just make display boxes, but I understand the reasoning behind why they dont.

And the reasoning for why they don't make display boxes is?

(Please don't say it violates some bullshit law... I see it frequently done at Walmart).

#928 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

And the reasoning for why they don't make display boxes is?

(Please don't say it violates some bullshit law... I see it frequently done at Walmart).

Cost.

#929 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

I want to get Hitman Absolution with my trade but its showing not availalbe within 100 miles of my no new copies? Really?

#930 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Again I say this every time the GS argument comes up. You can always say "NO". Don't want an open copy? Say NO. Don't want to preorder? Say NO. This fake rage against things you never are required to participate in I will never understand.
Posted Image