Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#931 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I want to get Hitman Absolution with my trade but its showing not availalbe within 100 miles of my no new copies? Really?

Doubtful. I would say the tracker is being funny. It happens sometimes but I would just call before you go and ask.

#932 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

regardless of their used game trade in and sell prices, selling opened games that may or may not be missing stuff as "new" is shady as all hell. I seriously can't understand how they get away with this.

You don't have to buy it, ask for a sealed one. You are already getting it at their discounted price, if not ask for one. Gamestop will give you a discount on damaged goods, if its the last one in stock. Seriously, do you buy clothes and shoes? You know they came in plastic bags before they are displayed. Its probably been tried on by 10 people before you bought it.

And the whole display box thing, Gamestop would love to put more out. Honestly, they would love to be TRU and just put paperslips and print outs. But its marketing and the way people think. A lot of people don't like to ask for help unless they are making a purchase. If they don't see it in stock, they would assume its not available. And when you have a case in hand and get a feel for item, you intend to buy it, even video games.

#933 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

I miss the ticket system at TRU. When I used to get games as a kid it made me feel like a boss.

#934 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I just got a gutted new game from a gamestop.com order. The sticker that said new was in spanish and the game was gutted, placed in a paper sleeve. How is that jusifiable?

But in the end people can choose where they want to spend their dollars and Gamestop must be a place where many people choose to spend their money so who I am to complain about their policies. I think I have traded in 1 or 2 games and 2 or 3 systems to Gamestop ever until this week and in the last few years I don't buy used games either since I can get a new copy for less with Amazon, Best Buy, target, shopko and Nebraska Furniture mart having great sales and clearances but today I traded in almost $600 worth of stuff since the price was right. I may never go back once I figure out what to use my credit on (crossing fingers for amazon kindle cards ) but at least for today I felt Gamestop offered a service I wanted to use.

#935 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

We can trade in a broken case, am I right? I'll probably end up holding onto the credit.

#936 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

When I was at BBY on Friday I found a ripped open copy of BLOPs 2 with the disk and voucher missing. Told the manager and he thanked me and said it is that time of the year for it. The people who steal are the one people should be upset at. Not GS for opening a few copies to put out display boxes.

#937 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

but at least for today I felt Gamestop offered a service I wanted to use.

Exactly. People who get so upset about TIVs being low need to realize they are only being taken advantage of if they choose to. When GS does promos like this is the exact time to make your trades and not to feel guilty one bit.

#938 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

I did a search earlier and saw some discussion of some people grabbing kindle gift cards at gamestop. Anyone else have any more success with that, or has it been determined that it's very ymmv?

#939 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Awesome. I'll be trading in my copy of NFS. Wasn't exactly my cup of tea. Good thing is I only paid $30 for it!

#940 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

I did a search earlier and saw some discussion of some people grabbing kindle gift cards at gamestop. Anyone else have any more success with that, or has it been determined that it's very ymmv?

Yeah. They have them but they are supposed to be freebies for Kindle purchases. The hope is it will become a regular item. They sell BK and Taco Bell so I guess there is hope. :)

#941 io

io

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

So, yeah, guys, can we keep this a little more on topic? (referring to all the GS business model discussion)

I decided to part with Dead Island GotY ($21 total after PUR). I was intending to give it to my son for Christmas but I ended up with a lot of other stuff to give him (thanks to the Amazon BF price matches and MS Store sale) so I figured I might as well get something for this while I can. I basically swapped it for a brand new sealed LBP Vita (actually got $1.01 back in credit). So, yeah, I essentially got LBP Vita for $7 spent at Best Buy. Not too shabby.

I figured my son can live with just getting AC III, XCOM, Battlefield 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and FO NV Ultimate. He'll never even know Dead Island GotY was in the mix ;). And no, I'm not actually going to give him all of those for Christmas - his birthday is in early February so I can split those all up and cover both.

#942 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I was going to trade in Dead Island with that great value but I was vetoed by the girlfriend who likes it, lol.

#943 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Exactly. People who get so upset about TIVs being low need to realize they are only being taken advantage of if they choose to. When GS does promos like this is the exact time to make your trades and not to feel guilty one bit.

I've never traded in a game to Gamestop before (and have only traded in one game to Best Buy and Amazon each) but I jumped at this deal as I ended up with a spare copy of Forza Horizon after BF as someone it was suppose to be Christmas present for picked up to.... So after sitting around the house for two weeks trying to decide if their was anyone to gift it to I got 36 dollars for it in trade (only paid 15) and picked up the professional edition of Hitman: Absolution for less than 25 dollars as they had it on sale right now too.

All in all I'm happy. (half price on a CE isn't a horrible deal to begin with and a pretty amazing one so soon after release.)

#944 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Trading Dead Island GOTY for The Walking Dead on Tuesday :D

Posted Image

#945 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

I was wondering why a customer's Dragon Ball Z game traded in for so high today, lol. I will be taking advantage of this too- my backlog is far too large.

#946 J7.

J7.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I miss the ticket system at TRU. When I used to get games as a kid it made me feel like a boss.

I have fond memories of bringing my tickets to the Toysrus lockbox to get my games. Back in the PS1/N64 days. Still would prefer that too.

#947 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

lol i did that for nes and genesis games.

I have fond memories of bringing my tickets to the Toysrus lockbox to get my games. Back in the PS1/N64 days. Still would prefer that too.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#948 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

It was certainly a great feeling. :)

I vividly recall nearly shaking with excitement making my way to the front of the store to finally get my hands on Phantasy Star II. $80 cartridge IIRC.

#949 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

I was going to trade in Dead Island with that great value but I was vetoed by the girlfriend who likes it, lol.

Opposite for me ,wife didn't like them so I'll be trading them both in. Kind of on the fence about it myself, did not like solo play at least but I think we needed to give coop more of a fair shot. Coop seemed really cool but I am worried it will get really repetitive.

#950 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ive decided to trade in my gta4 complete edition. It will give me the remaining credit i need for my beatz headphones as im 20$ short. Since i have ass creed 3 and sleeping dogs i have my open world gaming covered for awhile anyway
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#951 shrinky215

shrinky215

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

Opposite for me ,wife didn't like them so I'll be trading them both in. Kind of on the fence about it myself, did not like solo play at least but I think we needed to give coop more of a fair shot. Coop seemed really cool but I am worried it will get really repetitive.

In my case, my girlfriend loved it. About the only game with an FPS control-style she can play. I only enjoyed the game because we played system-link co-op. I can understand not liking the game single player, or playing with strangers who might plop into your game for a couple minutes and then leave.

After getting two copies of GOTY on the cheap, I'm not looking forward to her wanting me to pick up two copies of Riptide on release date... perhaps you're better off getting rid of it!

#952 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Yeah. They have them but they are supposed to be freebies for Kindle purchases. The hope is it will become a regular item. They sell BK and Taco Bell so I guess there is hope. :)

I wouldnt consider bk and taco bell the light to the amazon gc's lol. I would look at the itunes and steam cards as a possibility for the kindle gc's being on sale as a regular item! :).

#953 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Seriously considering trading in my 80 gb fat ps3 and using the trade in credit im getting from the games to make up the purchase price to a new super slim. got 122 so far with this promo and going in today to trade in gta complete. Only games on that list I have not traded in are my still wrapped need for speed and red dead goty(because its just too damn good to get rid of).

#954 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I remember Starfox 64 releasing right around the time of one of my birthdays and the nearest toysrus was about an hour away. I begged my dad after gathering all my birthday money to drive me there and of course he did. This was when it came with the rumble pack and I remember getting the last ticket and making such a huge deal out of it to him as if I had found the ark of the covenant. And yes bringing the ticket to the guy who worked the giant box full of games was almost magical as a kid.

Now...well now stinks.

#955 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Seriously considering trading in my 80 gb fat ps3 and using the trade in credit im getting from the games to make up the purchase price to a new super slim. got 122 so far with this promo and going in today to trade in gta complete. Only games on that list I have not traded in are my still wrapped need for speed and red dead goty(because its just too damn good to get rid of).

Do it

#956 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Anyone have a list of BBV to GS flips? I think my BBV doesn't have their $19.99 games correctly labeled.

#957 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Anyone have a list of BBV to GS flips? I think my BBV doesn't have their $19.99 games correctly labeled.

Just go to the gs to bb thread in deal/discussion

#958 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just go to the gs to bb thread in deal/discussion

I don't see that as a thread, care to post a link. I see bestbuy but not blockbuster video.

#959 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515

#960 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515

Was looking for blockbuster video not bestbuy, thanks anyway.