Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#961 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Was looking for blockbuster video not bestbuy, thanks anyway.

Ahh well i meant that u shud look through this thread and that one because people did find bbv games to flip to gs

#962 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ive decided to trade in my gta4 complete edition. It will give me the remaining credit i need for my beatz headphones as im 20$ short. Since i have ass creed 3 and sleeping dogs i have my open world gaming covered for awhile anyway

Beats headphones are extremely over rated...but that's your money/credit...

#963 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Beats headphones are extremely over rated...but that's your money/credit...

I think they are great quality and they look great too. Not to mention that spending 100$ or so on flips during this great trade in promo to get a pair of these easily without spending 200$ plus tax is a no brainer for me :D
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#964 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

They dont suck, just over rated. If I was to spend alot on some headphones id go sennheiser but since you're getting them for cheap through flips and thats the only brand gamestop carries iirc I guess that's a good deal.

#965 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think they are great quality and they look great too. Not to mention that spending 100$ or so on flips during this great trade in promo to get a pair of these easily without spending 200$ plus tax is a no brainer for me :D

If they offer it, you might be best served getting a protection plan of some sort on them. My local BB sees returns/exchanges on them all the time.

#966 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hey, head-fi.org would like a word with you. If you are planning on dropping a few hundred on headphones I would seriously consider going to the forums there to do some research. There is a lot of knowledge there that many give you some insight so you know what you are getting versus what else is out there for the same price. I jumped into the headphone world a couple years back and it helped me get a better idea of the options out there etc. Anyhow.. just sharing.

Best of luck with your purchase.

#967 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

People who buy beats are like people who pay $50 for monster hdmi cables.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#968 Teh Reaper

Teh Reaper

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

So I called GameStop and guy told me infamous collection is $8 and ps battle royale for the vita is $10 trade in... Hmmmm something wrong here? Lol

#969 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

People who buy beats are like people who pay $50 for monster hdmi cables.

Exactly like them, in that they are purchasing these products from the same exact company.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#970 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Someone i know who has a pair told me awhile back that they come with life time protection. Oh and thanks for your input guys ! And thank you gamestop for basically making it possible to get these half off lol
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#971 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hey, head-fi.org would like a word with you. If you are planning on dropping a few hundred on headphones I would seriously consider going to the forums there to do some research. There is a lot of knowledge there that many give you some insight so you know what you are getting versus what else is out there for the same price. I jumped into the headphone world a couple years back and it helped me get a better idea of the options out there etc. Anyhow.. just sharing.

Best of luck with your purchase.

That's where I went to research and ended up with some lovely Audi technicas. Only spent $130

#972 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

So I called GameStop and guy told me infamous collection is $8 and ps battle royale for the vita is $10 trade in... Hmmmm something wrong here? Lol

It shouldnt surprise you. in the op of this thread you will see that ps all stars trades in for 15 if you are a pur member, same for the infamous collection
Currently playing

#973 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Someone i know who has a pair told me awhile back that they come with life time protection. Oh and thanks for your input guys ! And thank you gamestop for basically making it possible to get these half off lol

Your logic is terrible.

if you paid $50 in GS credit for a gold tipped monster HDMI cable, would you consider only paying $25 cash as a "good deal" on an HDMI cable? Of course not. (oh btw, the monster cables have lifetime protection as well. )

Bad buy is a bad buy. Go do some research on headphones and stop falling for marketing hype.

/PSA

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#974 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Yea, stay away from beatz.

Can't believe people wear them to the gym these days. Drop over a hundred on them and still take it to the gym where it will get sweaty, stinky and possibly discolored.

#975 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Can't believe people wear them to the gym these days. Drop over a hundred on them and still take it to the gym where it will get sweaty, stinky and possibly discolored.

No way will i take my pair of these to the gym, thats nuts !!! I use my earphones when i go to the gym
Currently playing

#976 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Most people at the gym don't sweat :lol:. They come to talk on the phone or discuss sporting events

#977 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Any TIV get nerfed? If so are we updating the OP / wiki?

I hate how Gamestop doesn't have a real time TIV calculator like Best Buy

#978 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Your logic is terrible.

if you paid $50 in GS credit for a gold tipped monster HDMI cable, would you consider only paying $25 cash as a "good deal" on an HDMI cable? Of course not. (oh btw, the monster cables have lifetime protection as well. )

Bad buy is a bad buy. Go do some research on headphones and stop falling for marketing hype.

/PSA

Even though i don't like him :roll:

I agree with confoosious, don't fall for the hype.

#979 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Your logic is terrible.

/PSA

But Cam Newton wears them!!!

#980 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Any TIV get nerfed? If so are we updating the OP / wiki?

I hate how Gamestop doesn't have a real time TIV calculator like Best Buy

Not yet as far as i know. I hope it stays that way as im trying to round up cheap assassins creed copys. Im mad that my bestbuys dont have any copys of it and that the nyc craigslist doesnt have many copys either :(
Currently playing

#981 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Most people at the gym don't sweat :lol:. They come to talk on the phone or discuss sporting events

true :rofl:

#982 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Not yet as far as i know. I hope it stays that way as im trying to round up cheap assassins creed copys. Im mad that my bestbuys dont have any copys of it and that the nyc craigslist doesnt have many copys either :(

Can you fill me in on what ur plan is with ac? Which one?

#983 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Can you fill me in on what ur plan is with ac? Which one?

For pur members assassins creed 1 for the ps3 gets you 16$ which is fucking crazy lol. I figure i can pry away cheap 5$ copys or less from craigslist and other places as the resale value of that game is basically nothing these days
Currently playing

#984 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

But Cam Newton wears them!!!

I can't wait till that little kid replaces cam newton.

#985 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can't wait till that little kid replaces cam newton.

That commercial is pretty dam good even if Cam is in it.

#986 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

For Rewards members... is that their paid membership? Probably not worth getting a $15 card to get $20 from a game, when I have no intentions of ever shopping there otherwise.

I picked up a free copy of Alice Madness Returns somewhere but can't seem to find a pass from anyone to play the first, so I might as well turn it over and get the game new. But if I'm only getting $5 from it, I'd rather just have cash.

76561197977061647.png

#987 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

For Rewards members... is that their paid membership? Probably not worth getting a $15 card to get $20 from a game, when I have no intentions of ever shopping there otherwise.

I picked up a free copy of Alice Madness Returns somewhere but can't seem to find a pass from anyone to play the first, so I might as well turn it over and get the game new. But if I'm only getting $5 from it, I'd rather just have cash.

Power Up free members get the listed values. PUR Pro or + or whatever it's called get a 10% bonus

#988 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Exactly like them, in that they are purchasing these products from the same exact company.

Holy crap! I had no idea Monster made beats headphones. Now it makes sense why those pieces of crap are overpriced and marketed to morons.

(no offense to morons.)

Ees7Y.jpg

#989 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

The higher values don't show up unless the employee is in the register program with a powerup account attached to the transaction.

#990 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Anyone have a list of BBV to GS flips? I think my BBV doesn't have their $19.99 games correctly labeled.

the main games are madden 12 for wii and just dance 3 for wii. they are the easiest to find too, my local store had a shit load