Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#991 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Probably been asked but I can just walk in, sign up for the powerup account/card and then trade them in at these values right? I haven't been to GS since before they had this powerup thing

#992 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Probably been asked but I can just walk in, sign up for the powerup account/card and then trade them in at these values right? I haven't been to GS since before they had this powerup thing

correct. the memership is free too, unless you get the other version.

#993 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for bringing this up op. traded sly collection and forza horizon (bought on bf for 15) for 62 bucks, picked up lbp vita and am contemplating p4 golden or zero escape

#994 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Someone mentioned Sly Collection is $14.99 at Kmart. Is this true? Last time I checked they were labeled $29.99 but we all know how Kmart is.

#995 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

That's where I went to research and ended up with some lovely Audi technicas. Only spent $130

I did the exact same thing! I remember having arguments with a friend of mine that was determined to save up for Beats wireless headphones despite there being superior performing headphones for way less. This is also the same friend that can't go past the Apple store without stopping in.

#996 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Killzone Trilogy is still getting the increased value as of 15 minutes ago.

#997 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Holy crap! I had no idea Monster made beats headphones. Now it makes sense why those pieces of crap are overpriced and marketed to morons.

(no offense to morons.)

If you want a good pair of on-ears, get some sennheisers, v-moda m-80's or beyerdynamic dt 1350. I personally have sennheiser amperiors and I love them.

#998 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wonder if Monopoly Streets for PS3 trades in for that much too. That game tends to hold its value for some reason.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#999 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I think they are great quality and they look great too. Not to mention that spending 100$ or so on flips during this great trade in promo to get a pair of these easily without spending 200$ plus tax is a no brainer for me :D

overpriced/ the only good part of the headphones is the bass which some people complain is too much after a while. you really could get better headphones at a cheaper price (example: ath-m50s for $99 when they're on sale), and bass is way overrated after you get more into audio.

#1000 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Are there any decent flips? Thinking of loading up on credit for next gen (have to still trade in my Black Ops 2, 2K13, and SSBB), but not sure if there's even much else I should be looking for.

#1001 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

I wonder if Monopoly Streets for PS3 trades in for that much too. That game tends to hold its value for some reason.

No. It's only the system that is listed that gets the bump.

#1002 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

For Rewards members... is that their paid membership? Probably not worth getting a $15 card to get $20 from a game, when I have no intentions of ever shopping there otherwise.

I picked up a free copy of Alice Madness Returns somewhere but can't seem to find a pass from anyone to play the first, so I might as well turn it over and get the game new. But if I'm only getting $5 from it, I'd rather just have cash.

depends,

for alot of cags such as myself the $15 pays for itself with trade ins/discounts on pre owned games very quickly. (buying stuff on sale, using trade promotions).

the game informer subscription, I like it, is a bit of a bonus. but I renewed in August this year, and it paid for itself by September. Plus with the credit, you can at the very least get the next gen consoles in 2013 if you're continually saving up. That's what I plan to do if I don't blow it on a tablet.

#1003 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Should I trade-in my sealed copy of The Sly Collection? I know I will never play but would hate to get rid of it if its going to get to be relly hard to find a copy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1004 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Should I trade-in my sealed copy of The Sly Collection? I know I will never play but would hate to get rid of it if its going to get to be relly hard to find a copy.

Why would you own a game you'll never play? That said, why wouldn't you to want play Sly?!?!

#1005 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Is Forza horizon trade in value still $35 today?

#1006 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

How about instead of people asking every day if the value of X went down, click on the link in the OP:

These exclusive values are only guaranteed until December 16.**

I would assume that these TIVs will be around for another 6 days.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#1007 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I traded in Cod:BO2 360, Portal 2 360, and Wipeout:In the Zone 360 today and they were all good, the link clearly says Dec. 16th so I'd guess these are still good through Sunday.

#1008 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Didn't gamestop nuke some of the TIV of games last time they had a trade in promo like this before they ended the promo?

#1009 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

How about instead of people asking every day if the value of X went down, click on the link in the OP:

How about you read the fine print at the bottom of the link?

#1010 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Well thanks to gta complete i got my headphones, thanks gamestop !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1011 lightningangel

lightningangel

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

so i called gamestop and guy told me infamous collection is $8 and ps battle royale for the vita is $10 trade in... Hmmmm something wrong here? Lol

rtft.

#1012 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

People are asking because Gamestop has had this same exact promotion before where it was written explicitly that the values were guaranteed until so-and-so date but dropped anyway prior to that date.

#1013 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well thanks to gta complete i got my headphones, thanks gamestop !

U pick up the Beats Solo's, Studios, Pro's, or the in ear buds? I got a pair of Beats Studios last year for my birthday and I love them. Only issue I have with them is they leak music if you are playing your music too loud

#1014 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Are there any decent flips? Thinking of loading up on credit for next gen (have to still trade in my Black Ops 2, 2K13, and SSBB), but not sure if there's even much else I should be looking for.

If you have a blockbuster you may want to check there, they're having a sale where all games $19.99 and under are half off. I believe that sale ends today.

I ran to my blockbuster and they had nothing worth flipping. I was really hoping to get $50 in credit for Black Ops 2 on wii-u. Oh well, I'll just keep my eyes open.

#1015 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Sadly no BlockBusters near here, thanks for the info though.

#1016 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sadly no BlockBusters near here, thanks for the info though.

could try pawn shops also

#1017 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

U pick up the Beats Solo's, Studios, Pro's, or the in ear buds? I got a pair of Beats Studios last year for my birthday and I love them. Only issue I have with them is they leak music if you are playing your music too loud

I got a black pair of solo's (the color black goes with anything you wear). These things are amazing !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1018 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Insane?? You mean they are finally offering what they should offer ? For a limited time only!!

#1019 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Holy crap! I had no idea Monster made beats headphones. Now it makes sense why those pieces of crap are overpriced and marketed to morons.

(no offense to morons.)

Monster has nothing to do with the pricing or marketing, they only make the headphones, since 2009. HTC is the majority owner of Beats. Monster no longer makes the headphones, the partnership ended this year.

Also I think it's hilarious all the people in here ripping on Beats headphones and telling him he's making a terrible purchase. Maybe they aren't the best headphones, but they are still very good and have brand name appeal. Same reason people buy Apple products. If he really wants to buy them, why do you care so much? It's not your money.
tl

#1020 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Picked up Rock Band 3 360 at BBV for $5 and the $15 is still the value. Used BBY credit to pick up the ds3/Kz trilogy for $40 and traded an older ds3 and kz trilogy ($25 was still good).
Also
Fifa 13 $35 ps3
Mass Effect collection $30 360
Madden 13 $20 vita

I now have $238 in credit. May get a Wii-U deluxe after some more flips.