Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1021 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

so I had my buddy flip 6 games and got $177. woot. I know i could have done better but i missed portal 2s, i missed any black friday dead island goty or forza, and my bbv was empty. better luck next time, but awesome for some free credit and a way to unload some games at my purchase price, so free rentals woot. thanks alot cag.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1022 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

How about you read the fine print at the bottom of the link?

Then click on the link. If the promo is there, it's still not "cancelled."

People are asking because Gamestop has had this same exact promotion before where it was written explicitly that the values were guaranteed until so-and-so date but dropped anyway prior to that date.

IIRC, the last time that happened, all traces of promo disappeared from the website too.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#1023 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

IIRC, the last time that happened, all traces of promo disappeared from the website too.

Nope, website was still up and a few of the games were getting less than what was listed on the promo. This was probably like 2 months ago

#1024 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Also I think it's hilarious all the people in here ripping on Beats headphones and telling him he's making a terrible purchase. Maybe they aren't the best headphones, but they are still very good and have brand name appeal. Same reason people buy Apple products. If he really wants to buy them, why do you care so much? It's not your money.

I don't think anyone would give a crap if he used $2 memorex brand headphones. Or if he used custom made $2000 ones.

The point is that beats are wildly overpriced for what you get. And that's pretty much the antithesis of what CAG is all about.

#1025 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

If he really wants to buy them, why do you care so much? It's not your money.

This. I have a pair of Beats and love them. Straight Edge you will love those headphones.

OT: I think I am going to have to unload a few more games now. The values are too tempting.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1026 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Killzone triple-pack. Doesn't really matter to me if the controller is not up to standards, as it'll just be a back-up.

#1027 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Killzone triple-pack. Doesn't really matter to me if the controller is not up to standards, as it'll just be a back-up.

It's an official DS3 controller; what standards would it be failing?

#1028 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Just got the KZ Trilogy/DS3 pack for $20 (after $20 in RZ certs). Went and traded in the game (discs only...i want to keep the case for some reason) for $25. I also traded a shitty N64 for New Super Mario Bros DS and Adventure Island 3 for NES, and traded in NSMB for $20. Now i have a total of $340 in credit. I'll be getting the Wii U soon. I hope something like this arises when the PS4/Orbis comes out so I can get one of those early on.

#1029 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

It's an official DS3 controller; what standards would it be failing?

According to a few posts, it seems to not hold up to everyday abuse as well as the other available colors. I would've called BS, but I definitely saw at least two posts about it.

#1030 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

This. I have a pair of Beats and love them. Straight Edge you will love those headphones.

OT: I think I am going to have to unload a few more games now. The values are too tempting.

I also agree. I have a pair of Beats, but straight edge is getting this with credit which he probably got a ton for by doing flips. The guy is getting an A++ deal, great way to dump credit for something you want.

#1031 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

I noticed NHL 13 for PS3 is not included in the increase but Xbox 360 is, anything I should know? I was thinking of buying it on PS3.

#1032 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

According to a few posts, it seems to not hold up to everyday abuse as well as the other available colors. I would've called BS, but I definitely saw at least two posts about it.

It does I gone through several including sticking buttons, low/charging battery issues, and faulty analog sticks.

#1033 Nazgul11

Nazgul11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Today I finally got around to trading in God of War Saga for $20 and Need for Speed Most Wanted for $30. Part of me wants to go to Blockbuster to see of I can flip anything, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. You guys think it's worth it, especially this far into the TIV bump?

#1034 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Today I finally got around to trading in God of War Saga for $20 and Need for Speed Most Wanted for $30. Part of me wants to go to Blockbuster to see of I can flip anything, but I don't know if it's worth the effort. You guys think it's worth it, especially this far into the TIV bump?

If you can find anything, yeah.

#1035 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Did some trading:
Forza Horizon - $36.80
Madden 13 - $36.70
AC 3 - $37.00
Sly Collection - $26.10
Killzone Trilogy - $26.10
Alice Madness Returns - $20.90

Then:
Peggle Dual Shot - $6.09
Red Dead Redemption - $8.83
Street Fighter X Tekken - $8.83
(Got the $10 trade bonus for 3 games)
Dual Shock 3 - $24.20

In total with PowerUp 10% I left with $231.55

Was going to walk away with a Vita AC Bundle, dude thought they had one left, they didn't. I walked away with Persona 4 and $188.56. Gunna check a GameStop he said has one, that's about a 15 minute drive tomorrow. If not, I'll pick up the Black Ops bundle, return Persona and trade in Black Ops Vita towards Persona again. Also, my Killzone Trilogy controller bundle is on it's way (only paid $10 with BB reward coupons), and going to pick Sly Collection again from Newegg for $16.

#1036 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Did some trading:
Forza Horizon - $36.80
Madden 13 - $36.70
AC 3 - $37.00
Sly Collection - $26.10

Then:
Peggle Dual Shot - $6.09
Dual Shock 3 - $24.20

Was going to walk away with a Vita AC Bundle, dude thought they had one left, they didn't. I walked away with Persona 4 and $188.56. Gunna check a GameStop he said has one, that's about a 15 minute drive tomorrow. If not, I'll pick up the Black Ops bundle, return Persona and trade in Black Ops Vita towards Persona again. Also, my Killzone Trilogy controller bundle is on it's way (only paid $10 with BB reward coupons), and going to pick Sly Collection again from Newegg for $16.

You got $24.20 for your DS3 controller?

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#1037 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

You got $24.20 for your DS3 controller?

I also got that for mine.
$22 base + $2.20 PUR

#1038 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I also got that for mine.
$22 base + $2.20 PUR

Whoa...I'm sitting on two extras that have been used and abused and I've upgraded. Do they test them instore or just take em? Mine work, but act a little funky, at least to me. I also noticed on their website that they take YLOD ps3s...has anyone tried to turn one in?

#1039 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Whoa...I'm sitting on two extras that have been used and abused and I've upgraded. Do they test them instore or just take em? Mine work, but act a little funky, at least to me. I also noticed on their website that they take YLOD ps3s...has anyone tried to turn one in?

Just wait until their sale of controllers end. Right now they have new ones for $45 and thats why the tiv went down.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#1040 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Just wait until their sale of controllers end. Right now they have new ones for $45 and thats why the tiv went down.

That's down? I thought that was a good TIV for controllers...how much is it normally? Should I just wait?

#1041 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

does anybody knows how much is gs paying for the red dead redemption and undead nightmare? and also gta 4 and the episodes from liberty city? i love this games but i can trade them and then get the goty

#1042 gla55jAw

gla55jAw

Not Glass Joe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

That's down? I thought that was a good TIV for controllers...how much is it normally? Should I just wait?

I would think that's about as high as they would get, maybe $25? As for testing them, the guy just tested out the buttons a little bit for me.

#1043 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I've traded several controllers in and they just look at it. They don't test them or anything.

#1044 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Did some trading:
Forza Horizon - $36.80
Madden 13 - $36.70
AC 3 - $37.00
Sly Collection - $26.10

Then:
Peggle Dual Shot - $6.09
Dual Shock 3 - $24.20

Just so you know the cod game is a download code, not the game so no trading it. Be sure to find the AC bundle!

#1045 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

i got the black ops vita bundle and it is a physical game. i sold it for $30 on cl.
not a dl code. at least not the bundle i got...in the USA.

Edited by Velo214, 11 December 2012 - 03:44 AM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1046 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

did you guys get points from your trade ins on the PUR website? They listed the items I traded in but I got no points.

#1047 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

did you guys get points from your trade ins on the PUR website? They listed the items I traded in but I got no points.

Same :(

#1048 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

sometimes it can take up to 48 hrs.

#1049 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Did my trades on Friday got my points today.... All 9000 of them. On my way to 90k for that portal gun.... Jk.

#1050 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

where do people like you just make up facts from?
i got the black ops vita bundle and it is a physical game. i sold it for $30 on cl.
not a dl code. at least not the bundle i got...

Don't think he made it up. It appears that some bundles also included a download voucher.