Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1051 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

sometimes it can take up to 48 hrs.

alright. I traded in on saturday so maybe its slow. I also bought a used 3ds today so that should add. Those $5 off preowned/"new" items do help out.

#1052 Noel Vermillion

Noel Vermillion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

A little bit off topic but anything bought between October thru December can be returned by the 15th of January right?

#1053 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

did you guys get points from your trade ins on the PUR website? They listed the items I traded in but I got no points.

I traded stuff in on the first day this went live and I still haven't gotten any points... at least, not that I've noticed in the total.

I tried to check the recent/card activity but the PUR website is running like crap for the last day or two.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1054 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Don't think he made it up. It appears that some bundles also included a download voucher.

Yeah the bundles released in other countries.

All U.S. COD Vita bundles come with physical games.

#1055 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I just tried that 'checkin' app for gamestop. free 5 points every day!

#1056 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

so wow. my bud came on back with the receipt and they totally wonked up the whole thing. it all worked in my favor and he even spent $16 off the card. apparently he wanted the bumped up tivs but also the 50% for buying a used game. so he somehow got them to give bumped tivs and the 50% on all games except the wii black ops. so, strangely enough, he was able to get 41.60 for dragon ball raging blasts 2, 41.92 for killzone trilogy, 38.24 for naruto generations, 56 for nfs most wanted and then only 16 for blops wii. crazy but 193.76 total - 16.19 for resistance 3 he bought preowned.
so he gets a free resistance 3 game and i get 177 left over credit. wootwoot indeed. all of them but blops wii had price overrides...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1057 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

so wow. my bud came on back with the receipt and they totally wonked up the whole thing. it all worked in my favor and he even spent $16 off the card. apparently he wanted the bumped up tivs but also the 50% for buying a used game. so he somehow got them to give bumped tivs and the 50% on all games except the wii black ops. so, strangely enough, he was able to get 41.60 for dragon ball raging blasts 2, 41.92 for killzone trilogy, 38.24 for naruto generations, 56 for nfs most wanted and then only 16 for blops wii. crazy but 193.76 total - 16.19 for resistance 3 he bought preowned.
so he gets a free resistance 3 game and i get 177 left over credit. wootwoot indeed. all of them but blops wii had price overrides...

lucky you, never have luck getting two promo to stack.

#1058 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

yeah my bro walked in and was like i did a different promo with +50% and picked myself up a used game. and i was like oh no he totally messed this up. but lo and behold he talked the manager into doing something. i still can't figure out what happened. like dragon ball raging blast 2 was supposed to be 20, but it had -16 price override, 13 bonus promo #14143, and 2.60 powerup 10% and it equals 41.60 total. no idea but ill take it. ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1059 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Probably going to trade NHL 13 in this week, hopefully the $30 TIV stays.

#1060 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Why did BlOps (:wii:) only get $16? That's less than even the $25 on the promo list...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1061 J7.

J7.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

It does I gone through several including sticking buttons, low/charging battery issues, and faulty analog sticks.

It does hold up to abuse or it doesn't? Not sure if you're referring to going through several camoflauge controllers or other dualshock 3s. Because if the camoflauge has reliability issues I'll just trade it in and profit instead and recommend others do too.

#1062 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

People keep bringing up prices getting tanked last time but the only game I remember losing its value during the promo was Mass Effect 3.

#1063 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I can vouch for the dualshock controllers .. they dont Fuck up or break easily unless you dont take care of it or throw it down once in awhile. But i still think the newer 360 controllers have better durability than ds3. Wait i lied , my red ds3 is loosing its touch everything on the dpad is loose and the thumbstick is also, but thats just me not taking care of it and dropping it a few times , my other ds3 controllers that mestup was my launch ones and that had charging issues .

#1064 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

yeah no idea why blops wii only got 16. but i got it preowned at bestbuy the day before for like 18 and i wasnt gonna fret when i was expecting 120 back and he brought back 177 and a game for himself. so i didnt 'win' all the battles, but i 'won' the war. so its all good.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1065 J7.

J7.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I can vouch for the dualshock controllers .. they dont Fuck up or break easily unless you dont take care of it or throw it down once in awhile. But i still think the newer 360 controllers have better durability than ds3. Wait i lied , my red ds3 is loosing its touch everything on the dpad is loose and the thumbstick is also, but thats just me not taking care of it and dropping it a few times , my other ds3 controllers that mestup was my launch ones and that had charging issues .

Someone specifically mentioned the camouflage one having issues. http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1031
As far as other DS3 I've never heard of any having problems. I've owned 1 DS3, 3 DS2, and at least 3 PS1 controllers, never had a single problem with any of them.

#1066 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

Im seriously considering flipping my copy of max payne 3 that i got for 3$ on black Friday.
oh and these beatz headphones are fucking great !!!!!!!!!
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1067 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

A little bit off topic but anything bought between October thru December can be returned by the 15th of January right?

Yes but make sure you have proof because some GameStops will be difficult about it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1068 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

yeah cool, im from misery, show me state. im at work tho so crappy cell pix. also don't steal my account # if its uncovered. lol

2 pix was enough, 3rd had my # in it. but just showed buying resistance 3 for 16.19 and total being 177.xx. awesome but just a fluke.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1069 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

lol. damn man. thanks for the scan, as i now have a promo# to reference in case those jabronis mess things up.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1070 io

io

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

WTF!? That is like YMMV (multiples) on top of YMMV (crazy overrides for no reason).

Promo 14143 is not the bonus value promo - at least it wasn't a few days ago. My receipts have 14181.

But yeah, the 10% PUR applied to the base value + the override amount. That much is clear. For example, NFS:MW must have had a base of $17. Add an override of $18 to make it $35, then you get the PUR 10% for $3.50. And then promo 14143 for another $17.50. Unreal.

#1071 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

That GS employee is not long for the retail world if he keeps that up. :)
Posted Image

#1072 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

that promo # is likely the wrong one tho, it seems like the 50% promo code. using the one bonus as 10% it seems he changed most values to 26 and then 10% and i have no idea. lol. i was just like cool bro thanks. i did nothing but give him the games this morning and he has no idea about flipping but said he saw the 50% sign and asked to get it but knew the values were gonna be higher than 120. no idea but we both won out. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1073 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

$56 for NFS? LOL

#1074 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

You did get $10 less than you should have on that Blops Wii...take it back and complain!!! :lol:

Your 10% amounts are all funky also. It was like he rewrote all the base values also.
Posted Image

#1075 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Wow. Promos dont stack, but I guess u got a manager that isnt too bright.
They both will probably lose there jobs...well probably the employee first.

#1076 io

io

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

that promo # is likely the wrong one tho, it seems like the 50% promo code. using the one bonus as 10% it seems he changed most values to 26 and then 10% and i have no idea. lol. i was just like cool bro thanks. i did nothing but give him the games this morning and he has no idea about flipping but said he saw the 50% sign and asked to get it but knew the values were gonna be higher than 120. no idea but we both won out. lol

Yep, it is the 50% code.

Here's the deal for NFS:MW 2012 in any case.

Base value = $17. He added $18 for some reason. I guess he failed at math because that would make it $35 which isn't right for either the bonus promo or the 50% extra, unless maybe he was trying to do both manually.

Then both the 50% promo and PUR got applied on the new override total value of $35.

So base ($17) + override ($18) + 50% promo (0.5 * $35) + PUR Pro (0.1 * $35) = $56.

It would have been complicated to get it to work out, but even with the (normally not allowed) promo stacking you should have gotten $17 + $13 (bonus value) + $8.50 (50% of base) + $1.70 (10% of base) = $40.20. But whatever - you got seriously lucky! ;)

A long time ago (like when the PS3 and Wii first came out) I knew a store manager who stacked promos for me. While I never got anything that outrageous, it was always complicated to work it out exactly and I'd come out ahead no matter what he did for the same reason: overrides to the base value stack with promos. He tried to put in less of an override to make up for it, but never quite got it right.

#1077 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

yeah my bro walked in and was like i did a different promo with +50% and picked myself up a used game. and i was like oh no he totally messed this up. but lo and behold he talked the manager into doing something. i still can't figure out what happened. like dragon ball raging blast 2 was supposed to be 20, but it had -16 price override, 13 bonus promo #14143, and 2.60 powerup 10% and it equals 41.60 total. no idea but ill take it. ;)

I suspect your bro giving some kind of favor in the backroom of GS:-#

#1078 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

ah thx for the info on the promo #. saved me from looking like an ass lol
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1079 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Whoa...I'm sitting on two extras that have been used and abused and I've upgraded. Do they test them instore or just take em? Mine work, but act a little funky, at least to me. I also noticed on their website that they take YLOD ps3s...has anyone tried to turn one in?

I just traded in a DS3 controller. The guy turned it on to make sure it worked, then pushed all the buttons, then swirled the sticks a bit. He also looked at the barcode on the back, not sure why though. Overall, he didn't do a great job of testing it, just went through the motions.
tl

#1080 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

Obviously GameStop has access to a time machine. They will jump back to the past with all these trade-ins and sell them at full price.

That's why all the games are gutted.