Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#91 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Really tempted to trade in Metroid Prime as well even if I could get more on ebay. I do not think I want to deal with trying to sell it on there. I only paid $10 for it from Best Buy. Never played it and I know I never will.

You shouldn't have to deal with eBay. I'm sure there are plenty of CAGs here that would buy it off you for $40. And cash is always better than GS credit.

#92 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

BUSTED! I actually just like to wake up at 7AM and type up insane trade in values to rustle everyone's jimmies.

www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues

Awesome, no hurry on this since it says guaranteed trade in values until 12/16. Schwing!

#93 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Holy crap... $15 for the original AC is insane. I wish they had a deal for Borderlands GotY and Lollipop Chainsaw on the PS3.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#94 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Awesome, no hurry on this since it says guaranteed trade in values until 12/16. Schwing!

No definitely trade today if you can. Last sale like this saw certain games removed and/or nuked.
Posted Image

#95 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

They can change it at any time (it's in the fine print) and have done in the past.

#96 GamingGator

GamingGator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think that is probably the case b/c I got an email about UFC being $20 and I did buy it at GS with some credit when it first came out. I have few of the sports games listed that I want to unload b/c I never seem to play them.

Yes, it is the case. My email was for Sly collection. Thing is, they should know I had already traded that one back in to them earlier. However, I don't think I bought anything else on the list from them so they had to use something I guess.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#97 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I have a theory that they are trying to bolster their inventory in some of the top rated games for the console because of the next system coming in being fully backwards compatible.
Posted Image

#98 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

$335 nice! what will you do with that credit?

I probably won't trade em all, but worst case, I save it for the next Xbox.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#99 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

BUSTED! I actually just like to wake up at 7AM and type up insane trade in values to rustle everyone's jimmies.

www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/TradeValues

Man these are awesome TIVs! I'm curious, though- will we only get these higher values if we were sent the list of TIVs in an email from Gamestop? I clicked the link above and can see the list just fine, but I can't seem to find it on my own after logging into my Power Up Rewards account or just by clicking around poweruprewards.com, so maybe the TIVs won't be adjusted to the higher levels after scanning my rewards card in store if I didn't get the email sent to me?

Is that a possibility?

#100 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Looks like I will be getting paid $3 to play Lego LOTR. I got it from Amazon on BF for $30 and already platinumed it. Now since I a a pro member I'll gladly swap it for $33 in credit. I bought it with an amazon gift card to begin with.

Really tempted to trade in Metroid Prime as well even if I could get more on ebay. I do not think I want to deal with trying to sell it on there. I only paid $10 for it from Best Buy. Never played it and I know I never will.

I thought about selling my sealed copy a few months ago and similar auctions on ebay were ending around 110. Saw GS selling this used for 70 back then as well.

Thanks op!
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#101 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Can you trade two copies of the same title in? I have 2 copies of the sly collection I would like to get rid of.

#102 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

The problem with Gamestop trade-ins is that they never have good deals to spend the credit on.

That's become the negative, I find better prices on new games at other stores more often now. And with trade-in values like these, they'll probably raise the prices of used games even more.

#103 greenzsaber

greenzsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Considering trading in my 2nd copy of Borderlands 2 for $33. Has TIV been higher at some point at Best Buy? I got it for $20 from Amazon so I wouldn't be losing anything.

#104 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hmm, looking into some potential Best Buy to Gamestop flips given these awesome TIVs.

So far I see:

Assassin's Creed
Alice Madness Returns
Bully Scholarship Edition
Half Life- Orange Box
Portal 2
Sly Collection

There are probably more, but I'm lazy. The profit margin isn't all that good for these also. Generally a few bucks.

#105 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hitman is $39.96 at Walmart B&M

Resident Evil is 39.99 at Amazon

And your point? I cant trade a game I paid $15 for to get those free at those retailers.
Posted Image

#106 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I would like to add that the extra 10% isn't calculated from the prices listed in the op

#107 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Looks like I'll be trading in forza, rock band 3 and blitz II for a cool $75. Madness!!

#108 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I see at the bottom it says "Does not work with any other offer" but just want to double check...

You guys think it would work with the PUR rewards deal of the week "50% more trade in values"?

#109 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

When GS does the B2G1 on used is the time to use this credit.
Posted Image

#110 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I see at the bottom it says "Does not work with any other offer" but just want to double check...

You guys think it would work with the PUR rewards deal of the week "50% more trade in values"?

No.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#111 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

You guys are right, from the fine print:

GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

That is so shitty, they say guaranteed until 12/16 but then add that in the fine print.

#112 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Does anyone know if I install the 2nd disk from DA:O Ultimate will it work with just a regular copy of the game?
Posted Image

#113 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Looks like I'll be trading in forza, rock band 3 and blitz II for a cool $75. Madness!!

what is the deal with Blitz II? it is selling on ebay for like 25. i have a copy and am considering trading it in, but wtf is the reason it sells for so much?

#114 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

The problem with Gamestop trade-ins is that they never have good deals to spend the credit on.

That's why I follow two rules. Either trade at the time there is a deal you want, or trade knowing you are going to use the credit for something you'll be fine paying MSRP for. For me, I'm fine paying MSRP for points cards or for the select few releases I want on launch. I also want to build up credit for the likely launch of the next xbox and/or playstation next fall.

#115 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Can you trade two copies of the same title in? I have 2 copies of the sly collection I would like to get rid of.

You would need to go to 2 seperate stores and trade in 1 copy per store.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#116 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

That's why I follow two rules. Either trade at the time there is a deal you want, or trade knowing you are going to use the credit for something you'll be fine paying MSRP for. For me, I'm fine paying MSRP for points cards or for the select few releases I want on launch. I also want to build up credit for the likely launch of the next xbox and/or playstation next fall.

Gamestop also sells steam cards now, so if you know you'll be buying something in the winter sales it can be a great deal.

#117 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Gamestop also sells steam cards now, so if you know you'll be buying something in the winter sales it can be a great deal.

So true; I bought 1k of Steam cards with my credit for the Summer Sale.

#118 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

You guys are right, from the fine print:

GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

That is so shitty, they say guaranteed until 12/16 but then add that in the fine print.

They ALWAYS add that to the fine print like every other retailer to protect themselves. What if GF or Amazon has a sale on some of these older games for $5 or something? Then they get like 5 million new trade-ins for Blitz 2 or something.
Posted Image

#119 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Will this work with the extra 50% credit?

#120 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Does gamestop sell PSN cards?