Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1201 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yes

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1202 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

i think my pro membership expired. can i still get this same value without it?( still got the card but not the subscription.)

Yes you can. You just don't get the extra 10%.

#1203 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Does GameStop accept chipped disc from gamefly?

#1204 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

eh im pretty sure ive gone to do a trade in and a gs clerk said, 'i see you traded in ______ for ___ recently.'

Uh oh if that's true ....

#1205 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I got UFC Undisputed 3 for $15 on BF from Amazon. I was planning on keeping it even though I could sell it for $20 because I do want to play it. Then I realized that I could just take the online code out of it and trade it in now for a small profit. Ill buy it back later once the price drops some more (which we all know it will be $10 soon). The only reason I bought it new was for the online pass so I could platinum it at some point.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#1206 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I got UFC Undisputed 3 for $15 on BF from Amazon. I was planning on keeping it even though I could sell it for $20 because I do want to play it. Then I realized that I could just take the online code out of it and trade it in now for a small profit. Ill buy it back later once the price drops some more (which we all know it will be $10 soon). The only reason I bought it new was for the online pass so I could platinum it at some point.

UFC Undisputed 3 is a hell of a lot better than Undisputed 2010.

#1207 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I am thinking whether to trade my god of war saga, sly collection, dead island goty.....All brand new sealed

#1208 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Seems a Hitman HD Trilogy is coming out. Just saw Joystiq post about it. Gonna trade in my copy of Blood Money since it will come included in the upcoming collection.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#1209 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Uh oh if that's true ....

They have the ability to see your most recent transactions, it's nothing new. Some employees just don't bother bringing it up. Most managers tell their minimum wage slaves to look at that when suggesting preorders or trying to get the customer to reup their Pro card.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1210 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Seems a Hitman HD Trilogy is coming out. Just saw Joystiq post about it. Gonna trade in my copy of Blood Money since it will come included in the upcoming collection.

What great news to start my day off with. :applause:

#1211 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

They have the ability to see your most recent transactions, it's nothing new. Some employees just don't bother bringing it up. Most managers tell their minimum wage slaves to look at that when suggesting preorders or trying to get the customer to reup their Pro card.

I thought it was discussed here that the last 5 purchases come up and not the trade-ins. The recent purchase history prompt has been like that for a couple of years at least but not the trade-ins unless i've been misinformed this whole time.

#1212 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Is there a difference between Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Komplete? In the used trade in perspective. I picked up a copy of the regular game for pretty cheap and was tempted to get another copy and trade this one in.

#1213 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Is there a difference between Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Komplete? In the used trade in perspective. I picked up a copy of the regular game for pretty cheap and was tempted to get another copy and trade this one in.

I think Komplete has all the DLC.

#1214 dbmottle

dbmottle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Anyone know what the current trade value is for an Xbox 360 system? it's about a 2 year old white one with a 250 gb hard drive i bought. Are they still offering an extra $50?

#1215 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

hmm. so this promotion does not stack with the 50% extra credit for PULSE headset?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1216 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

I was under the impression that these increases were standard prices but it appears that they're considered a promotion. I tried to trade in MGS Collection, Assassin's Creed Vita, and NFS:MW Vita for Far Cry 3 thinking I could get an extra 30%, but the guy behind the counter with a double-chin beard said it wouldn't stack the deals.

I figure since FC3 is a Ubisoft game it'll be $40 in the next few weeks so I just took the $63 as saved credit.

#1217 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

there's 50% TIV boost regardless of buying a headset. You do have to buy something preowned though, so you better find Madden 2004 for the ps2 asap!!

And no, promo's dont stack, unless your Velo or his friend.

#1218 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

there's 50% TIV boost regardless of buying a headset. You do have to buy something preowned though, so you better find Madden 2004 for the ps2 asap!!

And no, promo's dont stack, unless your Velo or his friend.

don't quite get you.
so using this current TIV promotion does not work with the 50% TIV boost on buying a headset.

what's the bit about buying something preowned

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1219 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Just did a trade in and they scanned my ID and said it was so they could track theft by making sure people weren't trading in too many multiples of copies.

#1220 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I am thinking whether to trade my god of war saga, sly collection, dead island goty.....All brand new sealed

Remember that if you do trade in GoW Saga, two of the games are on a DLC voucher, so make sure to pull it out.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#1221 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

don't quite get you.
so using this current TIV promotion does not work with the 50% TIV boost on buying a headset.

what's the bit about buying something preowned

till the 15th there's a 50% TIV boost when you buying anything preowned. Promo's never stack though, so its one or the other

#1222 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Just did a trade in and they scanned my ID and said it was so they could track theft by making sure people weren't trading in too many multiples of copies.

No it's b/c St. Louis County now requires ID on any trade/pawn regardless if its for store credit or cash and it's to help track down merchandise that has been stolen to get cash and the person who stole it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1223 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

So you guys actually paid to join Powerup Rewards?

edit- i guess its not so bad since it includes a yr sub to Gameinformer. I never buy used at GS though or shop there altogether.

What are everyones impressions of the program?

Mine was free (cashier screwed something up and the manager said "enjoy the free membership"). Only had it 2 months now. I shop at gamestop maybe 3 times a year, don't flip, and keep all my games. I don't think I'll be getting much out of the program, though I do enjoy the magazine next to the toilet

Edit: yes it's pur pro before someone says something stupid

#1224 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Komplete has all the DLC characters and compatibility patches on the disc.

42869.png

#1225 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Remember that if you do trade in GoW Saga, two of the games are on a DLC voucher, so make sure to pull it out.

That's what she said...sorry.

#1226 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

No it's b/c St. Louis County now requires ID on any trade/pawn regardless if its for store credit or cash and it's to help track down merchandise that has been stolen to get cash and the person who stole it.

That makes me feel better

#1227 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

eh im pretty sure ive gone to do a trade in and a gs clerk said, 'i see you traded in ______ for ___ recently.'

I'm pretty sure if they dig in their system they can look up trade ins, but on the main page when they swipe your card it only shows the last six purchases.

#1228 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Is it the old PS2 games on the vouchers?

#1229 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

That makes me feel better

Let me guess, you're at Sunset also? Or Telegraph? ie the two worst Gamestop's in south/west St. Louis County.

42869.png

#1230 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Is it the old PS2 games on the vouchers?

No it's the HD-upresed PSP games.

42869.png