Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1291 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

It varies by state.

how about texas?

#1292 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

how about texas?

Check the OP of the GS TIV thread.

#1293 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

I traded in max payne 3 and it did not I repeat DID NOT get the tiv bump after the card was used. I wonder if other games were taken off the promo as well
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1294 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

I traded in max payne 3 and it did not I repeat DID NOT get the tiv bump after the card was used. I wonder if other games were taken off the promo as well

I don't see it on the list, am I missing something?
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#1295 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

how long is the extra $10 for 3 games going on for?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1296 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Max Payne was never on the list dude

#1297 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Max Payne was never on the list dude

you are right, it wasnt lmao. oh well the 50% promo towards a used game purchase was active so i used it anyway
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1298 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

how long is the extra $10 for 3 games going on for?

isn't this supposed not to stack with any other promotion? my GS told me so

#1299 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Since I'm indecisive, I'll let you guys decide whether or not I should trade these two games in:

The Sly Collection - It being OOP and me not having played the 2nd and 3rd games is holding me back.

Assassin's Creed III - Already played and beat it, but there are some leftover miscellaneous things to do and the multiplayer is fun every once in a while. I may just pick it back up later when it's inevitably cheaper.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1300 koheed

koheed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

I took Need For Speed Most Wanted (360) into a store today expecting $30 in trade-in credit, I was told it was only $17. Am I missing something?

#1301 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Since I'm indecisive, I'll let you guys decide whether or not I should trade these two games in:

The Sly Collection - It being OOP and me not having played the 2nd and 3rd games is holding me back.

Assassin's Creed III - Already played and beat it, but there are some leftover miscellaneous things to do and the multiplayer is fun every once in a while. I may just pick it back up later when it's inevitably cheaper.

trade both. the sly collection will get reprinted in the gh box most likley when sly 4 comes out and ass creed games drop in price rapidly as we all know
Currently playing

#1302 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

trade both. the sly collection will get reprinted in the gh box most likley when sly 4 comes out and ass creed games drop in price rapidly as we all know

Good points and that's what I'm leaning towards doing.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1303 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

how about texas?

GS does not charge tax in Texas if you pay in full with GS credit.
Note: It must be trade-in credit.

ach.png

#1304 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

isn't this supposed not to stack with any other promotion? my GS told me so

It doesn't. I traded in Forza Horizon, Portal 2 along with 3 other games in a transaction. Scanning just Forza, Portal, and a random game doesn't give you the extra $10. Only when I gave them all 5 games did the $10 apply - evenly to the three cheap games

I took Need For Speed Most Wanted (360) into a store today expecting $30 in trade-in credit, I was told it was only $17. Am I missing something?

Your PUR card.

Edited by Zolor23, 13 December 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#1305 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

After I used the code of god of war saga, is it good for me to trade GameStop?

#1306 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

same problem person has to total it and scan your power up rewards card for it to bump up
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#1307 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

I am on the same boat...how about any opinions trading dead island since I haven't played yet?

#1308 Fors78

Fors78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Could do what I did, traded in Sly and then ordered it from newegg for $16.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261238

#1309 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

^Looks like I'm going to order one from newegg as well.
I tried to stack the promo with Amazing Spiderman 3D for $15 with two other games over the $2 limit trade in value, but apparently I only got the $10 extra bonus.
I went in to the other GameStop store and traded in another Spiderman 3D for the $15 value with my friend's power up rewards card.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1310 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

You can always buy it used from someone somewhere. I don't think the game is that rare. Plus if you're really jonesing to get it later, you can always buy it on PSN...I got luck and got the first two games for "free" from the PS+ membership.

#1311 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Is the deadline 12/16? We still have two and half more days to finish the game and trade them in the last minutes when the GameStop closed on sunday?

#1312 SaltyDoughnut

SaltyDoughnut

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Crap - just traded in Assassin's Creed Liberation with two other games, so it counted as a "3 games for bonus $10 deal" and therefore they only gave me $11 for it rather than $20 - had another game that I wanted to get rid of when I got home so I could have brought that and still gotten both deals...

(tl;dr - I missed out on a free 20 GameStop dollars)

now I feel sad and poor :cry:

#1313 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I'm half way tempted to get rid of my Lego Batman 2. I bought it for $15 on Black Friday and just can't seem to get into it.

#1314 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'm half way tempted to get rid of my Lego Batman 2. I bought it for $15 on Black Friday and just can't seem to get into it.

Get rid of it and play your other games, the game will get cheaper. I couldn't get into it myself as much as I wanted to like the game.

#1315 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

nah ur not missing anything. mp3 was never on the list. straightedge just had his brain rattled from turning the volume too high on his beats by dre headphones, so he wasn't thinking straight. :booty:

I don't see it on the list, am I missing something?

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1316 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

After I used the code of god of war saga, is it good for me to trade GameStop?

Yep. I traded mine in the other day and kept the voucher. No problems.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1317 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Take the credit and run. You'll be able to get $37 for ACIII and $26.10 for Sly, you'll never get that much for them again.

If you really have to have Sly Collection then you should still trade it in with ACIII. You will get $63.10 for them, I'd be willing to bet alot that GS is going to have a b2g1 sale the weekend before Christmas and you can get Sly back plus two $40 or less games (Hitman: Absolution, XCOM, Resident Evil 6, Killzone Trilogy, and others) for $72.

I really think it would just be best to trade them both in and buy them again later. I think the prices will go down a bunch, especially ACIII.

#1318 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

Wait a second... I got rid of my Rock Band 3 for 360 since it was worth $15 and it makes more sense to me to just buy it on Games on Demand. Is the game hard to come by now or something?

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#1319 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Get rid of it and play your other games, the game will get cheaper. I couldn't get into it myself as much as I wanted to like the game.

I played it about an hour, but sine then I picked up Hitman, Far Cry, Dishonored, RE6, NFS, BLOPS 2, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royal. I just don't see myself playing Lego Batman 2 anytime soon, if ever.

#1320 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Take the credit and run. You'll be able to get $37 for ACIII and $26.10 for Sly, you'll never get that much for them again.

If you really have to have Sly Collection then you should still trade it in with ACIII. You will get $63.10 for them, I'd be willing to bet alot that GS is going to have a b2g1 sale the weekend before Christmas and you can get Sly back plus two $40 or less games (Hitman: Absolution, XCOM, Resident Evil 6, Killzone Trilogy, and others) for $72.

I really think it would just be best to trade them both in and buy them again later. I think the prices will go down a bunch, especially ACIII.

Wish I would have bought the ACIII on Amazon the other day and traded mine in for $37. I wanted the extra credit and stuff also. I would have almost broke even since I picked it up for $38 at Walmart on Black Friday