Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1321 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

nah ur not missing anything. mp3 was never on the list. straightedge just had his brain rattled from turning the volume too high on his beats by dre headphones, so he wasn't thinking straight. :booty:

lol

#1322 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Crap - just traded in Assassin's Creed Liberation with two other games, so it counted as a "3 games for bonus $10 deal" and therefore they only gave me $11 for it rather than $20 - had another game that I wanted to get rid of when I got home so I could have brought that and still gotten both deals...

Did this not ring up as the $20?

#1323 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Did this not ring up as the $20?

apparently you can't combine two promotions at once. at least it didn't for me. basically, it only applies whichever promotion is the best for you.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1324 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

nah ur not missing anything. mp3 was never on the list. straightedge just had his brain rattled from turning the volume too high on his beats by dre headphones, so he wasn't thinking straight. :booty:

i acually was using them while making that post lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1325 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

apparently you can't combine two promotions at once. at least it didn't for me. basically, it only applies whichever promotion is the best for you.

Isn't AC:Liberation $20 on its own?

#1326 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Isn't AC:Liberation $20 on its own?

The base value - which the system uses in Trade 3 Get $10 - is $11, while the value that the system gives PUR members is $20.

#1327 J7.

J7.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

After I used the code of god of war saga, is it good for me to trade GameStop?

Generally any game that has online pass or dlc codes you can trade in to Gamestop or Best Buy or even Amazon without needing the codes.

Is the deadline 12/16? We still have two and half more days to finish the game and trade them in the last minutes when the GameStop closed on sunday?

Yes, although every once in a while Gamestop will lower the value of games or even remove them from the promotion.

#1328 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Take the credit and run. You'll be able to get $37 for ACIII and $26.10 for Sly, you'll never get that much for them again.

If you really have to have Sly Collection then you should still trade it in with ACIII. You will get $63.10 for them, I'd be willing to bet alot that GS is going to have a b2g1 sale the weekend before Christmas and you can get Sly back plus two $40 or less games (Hitman: Absolution, XCOM, Resident Evil 6, Killzone Trilogy, and others) for $72.

I really think it would just be best to trade them both in and buy them again later. I think the prices will go down a bunch, especially ACIII.

damn thought it was $20! I have a sealed Sly Collection that I got last December. Need to find it and trade the disc in.

has anyone noticed any tiv nuked/tanked

#1329 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

damn thought it was $20! I have a sealed Sly Collection that I got last December. Need to find it and trade the disc in.

has anyone noticed any tiv nuked/tanked

I'm assuming you get full credit even if you trade in just the disc? Sorry I haven't trade in games incomplete games in 10+ years.
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
My game plays:
Posted Image

#1330 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

ymmv. ur likely to get charged a refurb fee which makes the tiv less.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1331 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

The last game I traded in with that Ico Collection + 50% trade in bonus was disc only and there was no charge. I personally haven't had any problems ever but I guess maybe my time is coming.

#1332 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm assuming you get full credit even if you trade in just the disc? Sorry I haven't trade in games incomplete games in 10+ years.

You should, as long as the disc isn't damaged (they'll check). I heard that they also take in disc-only games that came with PS3 bundles, so shouldn't be a problem.

#1333 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Wait a second... I got rid of my Rock Band 3 for 360 since it was worth $15 and it makes more sense to me to just buy it on Games on Demand. Is the game hard to come by now or something?

The physical copies are presently out of print (and probably OOP in general, doubt it gets another run), which is why I held on to mine.

#1334 avfootballfreek

avfootballfreek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Silly question, but is this for even the free power up rewards members as well or do you need to have the $15 yearly thing with them? Thanks!

#1335 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Silly question, but is this for even the free power up rewards members as well or do you need to have the $15 yearly thing with them? Thanks!

because i can be nice: yes. works for free account.

because i can be frustrated: this has been asked/answered multiple times in this thread (some even by me)

#1336 avfootballfreek

avfootballfreek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

because i can be nice: yes. works for free account.

because i can be frustrated: this has been asked/answered multiple times in this thread (some even by me)

Thanks. I know it can be frustrating and am usually in your shoes when it comes to people asking the same question. But with 68 pages I did not have time to read through all that. Thanks for being a nice guy. :applause:

#1337 AssaltineCracka

AssaltineCracka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

ymmv. ur likely to get charged a refurb fee which makes the tiv less.

which is against their own policy of not requirin cases, hence why they sell you them without cases, inform them to see the policy, ask to speak to a manager, because as a former employee, LAZY employees would do this....they tried to do this to me recently and I asked him why he charged a refurb fee, and he said cause I didn't have the case, I informed him I bought this without a case from him and I am allowed to trade in without a case and he ended up returning it for me, even though it was past the 7 days (probably because he knew I knew what I was talking about and could get him in trouble) think about how many customers lose 3 dollars all over the nation?
Posted Image

#1338 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thanks. I know it can be frustrating and am usually in your shoes when it comes to people asking the same question. But with 68 pages I did not have time to read through all that. Thanks for being a nice guy. :applause:

uh, no need to read anything but the first post and click on the link...
your "nice guy" needs to be questioned....
it is frustrating when one does not even read the first post or read the couple sentences in the link...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1339 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

With the announcement of the Hitman HD Collection, has Blood Money's TIV changed or is it still the same?

#1340 JCNY23

JCNY23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I question if I should trade in Metroid Prime Trilogy since the TIV is higher?
Posted Image

#1341 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I traded in Forza Horizon for $36 something yesterday.

It's a fun game and all, but I'd definitely rather have the money than that game.

#1342 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I question if I should trade in Metroid Prime Trilogy since the TIV is higher?

It's up to you.

But what I can tell you is that the trade in value will NEVER be higher than it is now. If you plan on trading it in, do it now.

#1343 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

i coulda been nicer and not said the little passive-aggro comment :) (if only the search function was a little bit more granular b/c now it's not as easy as it sounds...rumors of an improved website/forum...cheapy? ;)
and now i'm just adding to the clutter...lol glad to be a (mostly) nice guy.

#1344 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

You should, as long as the disc isn't damaged (they'll check). I heard that they also take in disc-only games that came with PS3 bundles, so shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, thank you so much. I will be doing that later today.
My game plays:
Posted Image

#1345 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

is killzone trilogy still $25?

#1346 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

If I traded most of my PS3 disc games I could get around $200, but not sure if there's anything I'd want. I could snag a 3DS, or a Kindle Fire. Hmm...

#1347 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

If I traded most of my PS3 disc games I could get around $200, but not sure if there's anything I'd want. I could snag a 3DS, or a Kindle Fire. Hmm...

Dont get the 3ds since you can get a better deal for them at target/bestbuy.

#1348 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Fixed

I was thinking the same thing.

#1349 SuiCide_KiNg_213

SuiCide_KiNg_213

DeAL ThIEF!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'm fucking pist off at the gamestop dipshit that told me I was not able to use this trade in offer without being a power-up PRO member. He insisted that the the free membership would not allow it but since I am trading in all theses games it would be benefit me since it was like getting the PRO membership for free. I finally gave in figuring I misread something. Oh well I guess I proper fucked by the system. Fucking Jackass!!!

#1350 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm fucking pist off at the gamestop dipshit that told me I was not able to use this trade in offer without being a power-up PRO member. He insisted that the the free membership would not allow it but since I am trading in all theses games it would be benefit me since it was like getting the PRO membership for free. I finally gave in figuring I misread something. Oh well I guess I proper fucked by the system. Fucking Jackass!!!

Submit feedback to the DM or whoever from the receipt.