Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1351 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

If I traded most of my PS3 disc games I could get around $200, but not sure if there's anything I'd want. I could snag a 3DS, or a Kindle Fire. Hmm...

I'm having this dilemma as well. I already have $100 credit from trading in my fat launch 360 and another $60 worth of games I am going to trade in. Just have a huge backlog and would rather have BB or Amazon credit as I don't usually see as good of deals here. Perhaps I will get in on the next B2G1 and come up with some flips.

Would rather get something I would keep with the credit, but seems everything I want is a better deal somewhere else.

#1352 SuiCide_KiNg_213

SuiCide_KiNg_213

DeAL ThIEF!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Submit feedback to the DM or whoever from the receipt.

What would that do? If you don't mind me asking?

#1353 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Contemplating trading in NSMBU, Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U), and Assassin's Creed for PS3. I'd get at least $85. I finished Mario and SU and my AC installed a corrupted file. I haven't been able to play past the first checkpoint since I got it. I traded someone on here for it, so I couldn't really return it or anything.

Problem is, with Christmas just around the corner, I don't have any idea what to get. All the games I really want I'ved already asked for and likely receiving as gifts. Hmmm?

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#1354 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Went to go trade in Lego Batman 2 and got hit with a $4 refurb fee. There were no scratches on the disk, despite what the little twit working at the counter claimed. I said no thanks, and will take it to another Gamestop. The game still had a base of $20.

#1355 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

What would that do? If you don't mind me asking?

Leaving a scathing review, if written properly, will get you contacted by the DM and be reimbursed. GS takes the customer surveys super seriously as DM & SM bonuses are partly tied to them and each store is ranked on them weekly.

Don't know why the guy pressured you into a Pro card now, employees aren't ranked by PUR Pro currently but by how many items in a transaction and how much spent per transaction. Pro rankings will restart in Jan/Feb as they do each year.

#1356 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

You get ranked by how much a fucktwat customer buys/spends?
No wonder the employees are all asshats.

#1357 RoyFrugalton

RoyFrugalton

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Went to go trade in Lego Batman 2 and got hit with a $4 refurb fee. There were no scratches on the disk, despite what the little twit working at the counter claimed. I said no thanks, and will take it to another Gamestop. The game still had a base of $20.

Were you trading in with original case & art? I've heard of a few gs stores charging refurb fees for games without cases no matter the condition of the game, YMMV of course.. (this was set in place by this area's upper mgmt) not necessarily the store/employee

#1358 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

After all done flipping I got a used vita using a power up coupon for $155. Persona 4 golden $40 and a used 8 gig for $25.

Used up all my credit and came out my pocket $14. Money spent in reality was about $120 lmao I was getting lucky at pawn shops and blockbuster.

#1359 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I finished Mario and SU and my AC installed a corrupted file. I haven't been able to play past the first checkpoint since I got it.

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the game installation data?

#1360 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the game installation data?

Yeah, I've tried that. I've also tried rebuilding the database, all to no avail.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (28) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:  :wiiu: Hyrule Warriros

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#1361 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Traded in a couple of old Wii games and got a Persona 4 Golden.

#1362 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Gamestop just called my cell-phone to tell me I have credit to spend. WTF!

#1363 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, I've tried that. I've also tried rebuilding the database, all to no avail.

Ah Boo-urns. It sucks that you aren't able to play a great game because of a glitch. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up the game for cheap in the near future.

#1364 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

I traded in Forza Horizon for $36 something yesterday.

It's a fun game and all, but I'd definitely rather have the money than that game.

Heck yeah. I'm hoping this price good through tomorrow, I'm just about at 1000 gs for the game and should be able to trade it in tomorrow. Not bad considering I got it black friday for $14.99. Please god just last one more day LOL.

Wish I had some other games on the list to trade in, but unfortunately I'm not quite done with them yet. Forza is a game that once I get the 1000 I will *never* go back to it, so better take whatever chance I can before it drops in value.

#1365 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Do you get hit with refurb fees if you game doctor them?

#1366 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

same here. :lol: I already spent it on a used 3ds though 2 days ago.

#1367 dominator

dominator

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Quick question for you guys, with the trade in values, I've got enough to get a tablet. Would you go with a Nexus or a Transformer? Transformers are 300 right now by the way, Nexus are 250.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#1368 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Just traded in my 3 games and had to deal with a gamestop employe that was being a complete ***hole.

#1369 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I bought a nexus brand new and the screen stopped working after a month. Didnt even use it much. It is nice though, just my 2 cents

#1370 dominator

dominator

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

lol I'm thinking about going with the Transformer since it has some sort of SD slot and the is bigger for only 50 bucks.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#1371 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yeah me too. If I get it again, I'm gonna slip a shit on them.

Did you press "1" so you don't get a call from them ever again? (They called me today also)

#1372 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Ah Boo-urns. It sucks that you aren't able to play a great game because of a glitch. I'm sure you'll be able to pick up the game for cheap in the near future.

Smithers, are they booing me?!?

#1373 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

ha. me too.

#1374 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

anyone trade in tales of graces f? I'm torn on trading it in, if it is anything like the other tales games I'll absolutely love it (and I'm shocked it hasn't been mass reprinted yet).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1375 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

I think Tales of Grace F is worth keeping.

Good JRPGs this generation aren't too common, might as well keep it.
Posted Image

#1376 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

The worst part about the silly call, it's that it sounded like a blonde cheerleader recorded the message. She got the amount of funds incorrect, and sounded irritatingly cheery.

I will opt out the next time I get one. I have no interest on buying anything at the moment, and definitely plan on waiting for a sale or the Spring time if I have to.

#1377 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Fuck GameStop. I went in to trade Kinect Adventures Complete and they wouldn't do it because it wasn''t opened. He acted like I probably stole it from Wal-mart or something. They refused to take a trade in. Fuck him and Fuck them.

#1378 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Fuck GameStop. I went in to trade Kinect Adventures Complete and they wouldn't do it because it wasn''t opened. He acted like I probably stole it from Wal-mart or something. They refused to take a trade in. Fuck him and Fuck them.

Why do we still get posts like this everytime there's a trade-in deal? It's company policy.
Get out of the store. Open your game, and try elsewhere.
You're at fault, not them!

#1379 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

is this the first time you've traded at GS?

#1380 jooksingjie

jooksingjie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

kinect adventures? you want 2 cents for that?