Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1381 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

LOL, point taken guys. Actually it IS the first time I've traded at GameStop in at least years as I generally collect games rather than cycle through them. That's one of the reasons my backlog is so big and why I have such a collection of vintage games still. I'm a collector at heart, yes, but I did buy that same game twice on Black Friday as I first got it at Wal-mart for 24 and then from Microsoft for 15 with the intent of getting a refund. I took it to GS because the trade-in is actually more than I paid for it.

Ant, btw, I got it for my 8 and 11 year-old (not to say I might enjoy it as well).

#1382 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Got a bit of a problem:

My $23 Amazon copy of Assassin's Creed 3 that I ordered got stuck in shipping even though I usually get prompt deliveries, and the Gamestop trade in promo ends on Dec. 15. Can I just buy Assassin's Creed 3 ps3 from Best Buy and trade that in to Gamestop while I wait on my Amazon order that is expected to arrive on Tuesday? The only hiccup would be if Best Buy refuses the return for some reason, but I'm premier silver. Are both Amazon and Best Buy editions identical? ISBN, etc? Is a sealed copy of Assassin's Creed 3 ps3 easy to return at Best Buy?

#1383 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Got a bit of a problem:

My $23 Amazon copy of Assassin's Creed 3 that I ordered got stuck in shipping even though I usually get prompt deliveries, and the Gamestop trade in promo ends on Dec. 15. Can I just buy Assassin's Creed 3 ps3 from Best Buy and trade that in to Gamestop while I wait on my Amazon order that is expected to arrive on Tuesday? The only hiccup would be if Best Buy refuses the return for some reason, but I'm premier silver. Are both Amazon and Best Buy editions identical? ISBN, etc? Is a sealed copy of Assassin's Creed 3 ps3 easy to return at Best Buy?

Some games have different bar codes from different retailers, especially the games with content inside the box that comes with exclusive things for each retailer. If Best Buy had anything exclusive for preordering/buying early, it most likely has a different bar code. The only way to know for sure is to go to Best Buy, look at the bar code of a copy in the store, and then ask someone for the bar code of a copy they received from Amazon to be 100% sure. As long as the bar code for the one you are returning is the same as the one you bought, and it is still sealed, returning to Best Buy is easy. They should give you no issues.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#1384 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hell yeah, can't believe they'll give $20 for Blood Money, just in time with the HD Trilogy being announced! XD

#1385 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

I stopped in to trade in a few more tonight (Portal 2 from Kmart that I decided to not keep and a Hip-Hop Experience I picked up for $1 at Goodwill) and fortune shined upon me in the form of perfect timing.

Spoiler

[/off-topic]

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1386 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

can I use the credit to buy psn netword card?

#1387 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Smithers, are they booing me?!?

I said boo-urns.

This promo has been a real boon to us CAGs. I've traded in $200 worth of games and even bought the same games back for cheap using my B2G1 coupon for renewing my subscription.

#1388 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I stopped in to trade in a few more tonight (Portal 2 from Kmart that I decided to not keep and a Hip-Hop Experience I picked up for $1 at Goodwill) and fortune shined upon me in the form of perfect timing.

Spoiler

[/off-topic]

Dang! Nice work sir. I snagged a few games from clearance at Target, 1 copy Portal 2, a game or two from VGfive, and one game from 99gamers. With the few others I have I hoping to get around $120 in credit

I may have to swing by Target again or see if anyone is dumping just dance on CAG

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1389 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Some games have different bar codes from different retailers, especially the games with content inside the box that comes with exclusive things for each retailer. If Best Buy had anything exclusive for preordering/buying early, it most likely has a different bar code. The only way to know for sure is to go to Best Buy, look at the bar code of a copy in the store, and then ask someone for the bar code of a copy they received from Amazon to be 100% sure. As long as the bar code for the one you are returning is the same as the one you bought, and it is still sealed, returning to Best Buy is easy. They should give you no issues.

Thanks.

Can someone that got Assassin's Creed 3 on ps3 from Amazon please post the barcode number? Thank you.

#1390 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Got $37 for AC3 PS3 (from amazon) and $26 for KZ collection today.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1391 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Thanks.

Can someone that got Assassin's Creed 3 on ps3 from Amazon please post the barcode number? Thank you.

The UPC number is 0 08888 34723 1.

#1392 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Is there a limit to how many per sku you can trade in? Say I traded in halo 4 one day. Would I be able to trade in another copy later that week?

#1393 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

The UPC number is 0 08888 34723 1.

Great, thanks a lot usagi!

#1394 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

respect for adding the extra 100.

Spoiler

[/off-topic]

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1395 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

The kid still got ripped off though.

#1396 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

not considering he was about to trade in the xbox and games for 170 credit right there.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1397 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

The kid still got ripped off though.

Better that than $170. Sucks that the kid still didnt have enough money for a ps3.

#1398 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Also he only added $60 not $100.

Better that than $170. Sucks that the kid still didnt have enough money for a ps3.

Yep, kid sold all that shit and he still didn't have enough for the PS3. That's sad. :lol:

#1399 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm assuming NHL 13 TIV hasnt been nuked yet?

#1400 srac84

srac84

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Gta 4 (standard edition) is on sale on amazon and best buy for 9.99 right now for both xbox and ps3, so if you don't really care about having the "complete" edition you can trade it in for 20, and pick up 1 of the 9.99 ones which is what im gonna do.

#1401 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thinking about getting rid of my NFS too. I bought it on BF for $25, I just can't get into it.

#1402 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

I would've sold my PS3 to that kid

Also he only added $60 not $100.

Yep, kid sold all that shit and he still didn't have enough for the PS3. That's sad. :lol:

#1403 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

I think this is my list:

AC ($5 at G-sale)
ACIII ($23 AZ)
DI GOTY ($8 BB)
RDR GOTY ($20 at BB, but I accidentally bought 2) could use some more GS credit
Last story ($25 at amazon, but they sent me the reprint) could use some more GS credit
Madden
NCAA (I just won another copy anyway)

The last 4 are NEW, but I'm not sure I want to bother trying to sell them.

I have a used Smash Bros sitting here that I am thinking about trading in as well. I never opened 'sly', but I think I am going to keep it.

I might trade in B2, since it will have a GOTY anyway.

#1404 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

How much do those Star Wars Xboxs go for?
Also, just made a trade of a bunch of recent titles and all their TIVs are still holding up according to the list! Green light so far for this week!!

#1405 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have a clear memory of being a kid selling stuff at EB games. A girl came in and was going to trade her Sega genesis in, I offered her $10 more than the clerk. He snapped at me "no you can't do that!" And then wouldn't take my trade ins. My first bad experience with eb games....

#1406 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

I have a clear memory of being a kid selling stuff at EB games. A girl came in and was going to trade her Sega genesis in, I offered her $10 more than the clerk. He snapped at me "no you can't do that!" And then wouldn't take my trade ins. My first bad experience with eb games....

Can you really blame them?

#1407 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

I sent my NES, GameBoy and games to FuncoLand for a $90 check to buy school clothes. This was around 1991. 5 years later I tried to sell my Genesis to FuncoLand (B&M) but they did not give cash. Only store credit. I sold it to the employee for $40. I needed to buy diapers for my newborn.

#1408 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

I sent my NES, GameBoy and games to FuncoLand for a $90 check to buy school clothes. This was around 1991. 5 years later I tried to sell my Genesis to FuncoLand (B&M) but they did not give cash. Only store credit. I sold it to the employee for $40. I needed to buy diapers for my newborn.

Dear lord, is this a true story?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1409 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Dear lord, is this a true story?

Unfortunately, yes. I was 20 yo btw.

#1410 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Not blaming, but I was 10, and the guy couldn't have been more rude.

Cag mobile is always jacked for me. The go to last page button sometimes doesn't work, and even when clicking go to page xxx, goes there for a split second then it loads the first page. Anyone else have that problem?