Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1411 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Not blaming, but I was 10, and the guy couldn't have been more rude.

That's pretty fucked up to do to a 10 year old.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1412 archerbro74

archerbro74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

ha. me too.

yep same, got it around 5 pm on 12/13

#1413 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

nm

#1414 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Got $42 for zombiU (cashier wouldn't shut up about how much the game sucked) and $21 for dead island GOTY. Great promo. Also debating tales of graces f but I think I'll hang onto it.

#1415 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

So I got a call tonight (automated) from GS telling me how much trade credit I had and that I should come on in an spend it. I was like Fuck this....luckily they gave an option to no longer receive the calls.
Posted Image

#1416 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

So I got a call tonight (automated) from GS telling me how much trade credit I had and that I should come on in an spend it. I was like Fuck this....luckily they gave an option to no longer receive the calls.

You too huh? It was kinda weird seeing that 866 number. Oh well.

Anyways, anyone take in a game and it tank yet?

#1417 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I got a call today too about my $5 left in credit. Reminder to not give real number in the future.

#1418 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

any word on when gamestop will receive amazon kindle giftcards? I hate having too much gamestop credit

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#1419 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

wait til after jan 31 2013. the current kindle+$25 kindle card promo ends then and they'll calculate kindle sales. hopefully sales are good and they replenish, otherwise it seems they just have enough (maybe a couple extra) to accompany the kindles that they have for sale.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1420 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

I know I should take Alice but for some reason I want to hang onto it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#1421 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Can I trade the infamous 1 and 2 that came with my BF PS3 bundle as the infamous collection? Or does that depend on the associate?

#1422 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Can I trade the infamous 1 and 2 that came with my BF PS3 bundle as the infamous collection? Or does that depend on the associate?

If it's just the disc, I think it should be fine. Today I traded in my Sly Collection for a full $25 credit with the disc only, while I kept the case and manual.
If only I can travel back in time and buy more games during African American Friday and go back to the future to flip them.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1423 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

any word on when gamestop will receive amazon kindle giftcards? I hate having too much gamestop credit

Same here. I was able to call a couple of stores yesterday and asked if I could buy some. First two said they had no more, and the last one said they had about 3. I bought them, the guy didn't even have to hold them for me since he said no one comes in asking about them. So I'd recommend calling up a few stores to check and see.

#1424 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

If it's just the disc, I think it should be fine. Today I traded in my Sly Collection for a full $25 credit with the disc only, while I kept the case and manual.
If only I can travel back in time and buy more games during African American Friday and go back to the future to flip them.

i did that with Sly also. Figured i could find a cheap disc to replace the one i traded in pretty cheap

#1425 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Were you trading in with original case & art? I've heard of a few gs stores charging refurb fees for games without cases no matter the condition of the game, YMMV of course.. (this was set in place by this area's upper mgmt) not necessarily the store/employee

Yep. Mint condition on both.

#1426 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I'm thinking of getting GoW Saga using the GamerClub $20 off, my $10 RZ cert (from the email that went out today) for $10. Then I can sell the Voucher code for the 2 games for $10 on ebay (i've sold one already) and then trade the game in to GS for $20 (and maybe buy the link's crossbow or something to get an additional 50%, thus netting $30 minus the cost of link) - just sharing a thought for anyone looking for easy credit.

#1427 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm thinking of getting GoW Saga using the GamerClub $20 off, my $10 RZ cert (from the email that went out today) for $10. Then I can sell the Voucher code for the 2 games for $10 on ebay (i've sold one already) and then trade the game in to GS for $20 (and maybe buy the link's crossbow or something to get an additional 50%, thus netting $30 minus the cost of link) - just sharing a thought for anyone looking for easy credit.

eBay has been suspending some accounts lately for selling digital game content online. Just be aware.

#1428 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

still unsure if I wanna trade in the bundled AC:Liberation for $20 (since it has no case and all.. and I have yet to play it at all)

it was 29.99 on Amazon once

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#1429 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Gamestop gave me a 3g vita instead of wifi ha

#1430 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

eBay has been suspending some accounts lately for selling digital game content online. Just be aware.

really? that doesn't seem fair.

I've sold numerous 30 day PS+ codes, the GoW code, and a few others. Hopefully I don't get jacked.

#1431 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I've sold numerous 30 day PS+ codes, the GoW code, and a few others. Hopefully I don't get jacked.

You also can't stack 50% bonus with this promo.

#1432 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

You also can't stack 50% bonus with this promo.

i have been following this thread. i thought it was confirmed you could. oh well, even if i cannot, it's still basically free credit.

#1433 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Pretty sure that promo won't stack with the bonus value trade ($20), and your not netting $30. Your spending $10 for $20 in GameStop credit.

Edited by edison, 14 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.
Beaten by Deader2818

#1434 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

i have been following this thread. i thought it was confirmed you could. oh well, even if i cannot, it's still basically free credit.

One person got lucky and basically a buddy or something did an override to get the values (and they werent even correct values I think)

#1435 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

You just have to state you will mail the codes to not break their rules.

It's kinda dumb but they got publishers hassling them about stolen codes.

#1436 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Pretty sure that promo won't stack with the bonus value trade ($20), and your not netting $30. Your spending $10 for $20 in GameStop credit.

i was taking out the $10 by selling the GoW Voucher for $10 (as i said, i sold one already for $10....i may not get $10, but i'm being optimistic).

#1437 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

You just have to state you will mail the codes to not break their rules.

It's kinda dumb but they got publishers hassling them about stolen codes.

i guess that makes sense then.

#1438 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

hmm.. Sony having a promotion on the PULSE headset.. now the MSRP is 129.99

wonder if the promotion stacks with the 50% trade in for PULSE at Gamestop

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#1439 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

yep. u can sell code vouchers but it has to be physically mailed, not emailed/sent thru ebay messages.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1440 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

hmm.. Sony having a promotion on the PULSE headset.. now the MSRP is 129.99

wonder if the promotion stacks with the 50% trade in for PULSE at Gamestop

don't see why it wouldn't.