Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1441 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

unless u have newer games to trade in, 3/+10 is a better promo. also, gs had the pulse headset on sale for 99.99 a few days ago, so itmight be wise to wait around for another sale, especially christmas week.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1442 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Made off with $89.50 for NSMBU, Scribblenauts Unlimted (Wii U), and AC1 (PS3). Gonna sit on the credit till after the holidays to pick up a game or two that I didn't get as a gift. Not bad when you consider I paid ~$90 for the two Wii U games with TRU's B1G1 50% deal.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (12) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#1443 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

You just have to state you will mail the codes to not break their rules.

It's kinda dumb but they got publishers hassling them about stolen codes.

Mailing the codes is still considered breaking their rules and won't get you into any cooler water with them.

Here is eBay's stance on what digital codes are not allowed:

Examples of digitally delivered goods that can't be advertised on eBay:

• MP3 music copied from a CD you own or recorded at a concert
  • eBooks you don't own the copyright to and aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
  • Songs you bought from iTunes
  • Movies you copied from DVDs you own
  • Video games you copied from the original CDs
  • PDF files of product manuals or user guides that you don't own the copyright of or you aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
  • Online gaming accounts or artifacts such as characters, currency, or other items in any format
Read here for more info.

#1444 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mailing the codes is still considered breaking their rules and won't get you into any cooler water with them.

Here is eBay's stance on what digital codes are not allowed:

Examples of digitally delivered goods that can't be advertised on eBay:

• MP3 music copied from a CD you own or recorded at a concert
  • eBooks you don't own the copyright to and aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
  • Songs you bought from iTunes
  • Movies you copied from DVDs you own
  • Video games you copied from the original CDs
  • PDF files of product manuals or user guides that you don't own the copyright of or you aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
  • Online gaming accounts or artifacts such as characters, currency, or other items in any format
Read here for more info.

I was told by them a year ago (haven't sold anything lately) that as long as you have the physical card to send out, it's not a copyright infringement issue.

Things could have changed in the meantime but I'm not sure that highlighted sentences really changes the issue. A PHYSICAL item is what they want you to send to be within the rules, which I logically get. (I know, I know, you can just write the code on a napkin.)

I think they don't want people selling wow account (if people still do that, I don't play wow) and things like that. Cause you could be the guy who stole Sheldon's stuff and reselling it on ebay.

Either way, I consider selling codes on ebay just a risk in and of itself. The buyer can simply say the code didn't work and you're screwed. which is why i mostly just dump extra codes on CAG in case someone has a need for it and maybe I can get msp points or a game out of it. Recently traded a code and some vudu credit for carnival games code. That's better than anything I could've gotten on ebay and I suspect the same thing for the guy I traded with.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1445 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I was told by them a year ago (haven't sold anything lately) that as long as you have the physical card to send out, it's not a copyright infringement issue.

Things could have changed in the meantime but I'm not sure that highlighted sentences really changes the issue. A PHYSICAL item is what they want you to send to be within the rules, which I logically get. (I know, I know, you can just write the code on a napkin.)

I think they don't want people selling wow account (if people still do that, I don't play wow) and things like that. Cause you could be the guy who stole Sheldon's stuff and reselling it on ebay.

The issue with this is that it may sound like it's open to interpretation but people who have been selling bonus vouchers/DLC codes, etc. have been getting warnings and eBay/PayPal account suspensions for doing so. It seems to be a more recent thing because I've sold plenty of DLC in the past and never got any shit from eBay for it.

If you read the thread that I linked you can see that it's not just people selling online accounts who are getting reprimanded (one guy said it was Halo 4 armor, another said Assassins Creed 3 bonus stuff, etc.)

It's possible that you can sell DLC and get away with it, but it's becoming evident that eBay is no longer tolerant of this and for some reason have become hardasses about it recently.

#1446 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

ebay needs to figure out a way to separate good sellers from bad and allow more leeway from good sellers.

The problem is that they have so many shitty scammers, they suspect everyone of being a scammer. It's like walmart where it's a huge hassle to return anything that's over a certain value.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1447 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm thinking of getting GoW Saga using the GamerClub $20 off, my $10 RZ cert (from the email that went out today) for $10. Then I can sell the Voucher code for the 2 games for $10 on ebay (i've sold one already) and then trade the game in to GS for $20 (and maybe buy the link's crossbow or something to get an additional 50%, thus netting $30 minus the cost of link) - just sharing a thought for anyone looking for easy credit.

The $20 from this promo wont stack with the 50% promo.

#1448 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I ended up trading my Portal 2 PS3 in today for $21 after 10% PUR. I picked up LitteBigPlanet Vita while it was on sale. Odd how it works. I'm sure it's been brought up, but I had $21 credit and purchased a $19.99 game and was not charged tax, so I had $1.01 leftover. I guess when you use credit the items you buy aren't taxed? Weird to me. I put that extra $1.01 towards my Last of Us preorder I have there.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#1449 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

yeah, depends on the state u live in. ca charges tax, even for gc purchases which sux, but then again minimum wage here is higher than other states so i guess it evens out.

I ended up trading my Portal 2 PS3 in today for $21 after 10% PUR. I picked up LitteBigPlanet Vita while it was on sale. Odd how it works. I'm sure it's been brought up, but I had $21 credit and purchased a $19.99 game and was not charged tax, so I had $1.01 leftover. I guess when you use credit the items you buy aren't taxed? Weird to me. I put that extra $1.01 towards my Last of Us preorder I have there.

now playing:

#1450 RoyFrugalton

RoyFrugalton

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yep. Mint condition on both.

Yeah... not really sure what happened there... maybe the cashier was truly being an assjack

#1451 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

values didn't dip today. i traded in lollipop chainsaw, new super mario bros ds, and forza horizon for $78. I probably paid 50 for all the games and beat nsmb and lollipop chainsaw. so good for me

#1452 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

traded in 2 killzone trilogies, portal 2, GTA complete. walked out with $55 credit and used ocarina 3DS. for once I can without sarcasm say, thank you gamestop.

#1453 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

traded 2 copies of KZ trilogies. I still have two copies left going tomorrow. Yeah

#1454 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

traded 2 copies of KZ trilogies. I still have two copies left going tomorrow. Yeah

Nice, was your KZ trilogy from the PS3 controller bundle?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1455 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

yeah, depends on the state u live in. ca charges tax, even for gc purchases which sux, but then again minimum wage here is higher than other states so i guess it evens out.

Actually us in Washington state have the highest in the country. (According to my memory and Wikipedia.) It does look like just the city of San Francisco will have the highest in January though.

We also don't have to pay tax on purchases with credit. Don't even know how much money that has saved me over the years but many hundreds I am sure.

#1456 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

Even if that were true, which it's not, it would not even out.

#1457 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

So I was gonna buy a Vita 8 GB memory card with some store credit at GS and I noticed that they charge $5 more for the memory card than every other retailer? Why?

#1458 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

So I was gonna buy a Vita 8 GB memory card with some store credit at GS and I noticed that they charge $5 more for the memory card than every other retailer? Why?

Can u find a used one? And thats just gamestop i think they always priced the vita accessories like that.. But yeah i rmbr tht they did charge more for the vita mem card since it first came out

#1459 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

didnt mean that we have the highest overall, i was just using ca as an example because i live here and know its higher than some other states.
thats rad that u dont get charged tax on gc purchases though.

Actually us in Washington state have the highest in the country. (According to my memory and Wikipedia.) It does look like just the city of San Francisco will have the highest in January though.

We also don't have to pay tax on purchases with credit. Don't even know how much money that has saved me over the years but many hundreds I am sure.

now playing:

#1460 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Was able to score a cheap copy of SSMB - Wii from BBV and traded it up for more credit at gamestop today, so the prices are still good, might scour the local used places for some good deals to trade-in too...wished I'd have gotten some of those BF deals now hah

#1461 FawkAndSuck

FawkAndSuck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Does anyone know if you have to be a powerup rewards PRO member in order to get these values? My PRO membership expired a few months ago and I was wondering if I can still get these deals with the free membership.

#1462 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

No, you only need the PRO membership if you want an extra 10%. You DEFINITELY can get these prices with just the free one, and don't let people at the store tell you otherwise.

As of this afternoon, values were still good, but apparently there was a national-level outage of Gamestop intranet somehow? Did anybody else run into that?

#1463 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

ya u can, u just dont get the extra 10%.

now playing:

#1464 Darkfighter54

Darkfighter54

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Do you get these same prices if you trade in for Cash instead of Store Credit?

#1465 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Do you get these same prices if you trade in for Cash instead of Store Credit?

lol no .... Please stop.

#1466 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

Woops, wrong thread lol

Edited by kinney_bmx, 15 December 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#1467 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Because it's GameStop! It's the GameStop tax :mrgreen:

:lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#1468 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Because it's GameStop! It's the GameStop tax :mrgreen:

:lol:

Power to the Players? :roll:

#1469 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

can I use the gs credit to buy psn netword card?

#1470 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Nice, was your KZ trilogy from the PS3 controller bundle?

YES! I took out the DLC for the maps and trading in the games. I kept the camo controller for myself.