Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#121 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

my e-mail also headlined with Black Ops for $40 TiV

#122 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Does gamestop sell PSN cards?

yes

#123 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

im thinking of trading in Hitman. I was really far into the game when my xbox froze and the save file got curropted. i dont feel like doing everythng again now

#124 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Will this work with the extra 50% credit?

No. (I literally just answered this 9 comments above you...)

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#125 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Bout time Gamestop upped the trade in values, not that I trade in anyway and only as a last resort. Good to see them feeling the heat of Best Buy.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#126 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Gamestop also sells steam cards now, so if you know you'll be buying something in the winter sales it can be a great deal.

Yup. And just because you pay MSRP for the points cards doesn't mean you can't catch a deal on those items for a promotional % off.

#127 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Traded in RE6 and Sly Collection to pickup Far Cry 3. Had a 15% off any new game on my account for some reason, so ended up getting FC3 for free with $1.40 to spare. Thanks OP :D

Edited by the_punisher, 07 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#128 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Man these are awesome TIVs! I'm curious, though- will we only get these higher values if we were sent the list of TIVs in an email from Gamestop? I clicked the link above and can see the list just fine, but I can't seem to find it on my own after logging into my Power Up Rewards account or just by clicking around poweruprewards.com, so maybe the TIVs won't be adjusted to the higher levels after scanning my rewards card in store if I didn't get the email sent to me?

Is that a possibility?

Anyone?

#129 Se7en69

Se7en69

Revolutionary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

yes

Actually, you might be in some good luck if they don't have the cards. I stopped by last week and to my surprise they no longer had the actual cards in store. The PSN codes are now printed on your receipt. You just have to tell the employee you want them. I bought a $20.

#130 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Time to make over 100% profit on Forza Horizon.

Seriously, why are there cutscenes in a Forza game?

Considering the same. Pre-ordered for $20, and I don't even think it's worth that.

#131 walterdude

walterdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Anyone?

Just got back... I didn't receive the email. The TIV worked no problem. Gonna try again in a few.

#132 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Just got back... I didn't receive the email. The TIV worked no problem. Gonna try again in a few.

Awesome!

Thanks!

#133 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I thought about selling my sealed copy a few months ago and similar auctions on ebay were ending around 110. Saw GS selling this used for 70 back then as well.

Thanks op!

Hot damn a brand new MPT sells for almost $150 nowadays on ebay.

I remember it was $80 new a couple of years ago on ebay.

When i first joined this site a couple of years ago i had learned about the rarity of this game. The week before i signed up here i saw it at my local BB for $30 on clearance. When i put two and two together by the time i went back to my store it was already gone T.T

#134 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Damn, about to finish those pivot things in AC3 today and trade it in. Perhaps I will get a WiiU or a Vita after all.

#135 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

That's become the negative, I find better prices on new games at other stores more often now. And with trade-in values like these, they'll probably raise the prices of used games even more.

Just save it for nextbox :) itll be the same price everywhere and if u pay all with credit theres no tax.

#136 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

No. (I literally just answered this 9 comments above you...)

Sorry I read the whole post, must have missed that part.

#137 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Anyone know the trade in value of Xcom Enemy unknown for the PS3 or Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS?

#138 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Anyone know the trade in value of Xcom Enemy unknown for the PS3 or Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS?

They're not on the list.
Posted Image

#139 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Picked up Dead Island GOTY from Best Buy on BF, I already beat the game, but figured it was cheap investment... may trade it in today, because I don't think the DLC packs are worth the profit I'd be picking up.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#140 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Traded in 7 games for $178.xx. Did receive pur bonuses. I'll rebuy the ones I want with my b2g1 coupon possibly

#141 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Traded in RE6 and Sly Collection to pickup Far Cry 3. Had a 15% off any new game on my account for some reason, so ended up getting FC3 for free with $1.40 to spare. Thanks OP :D

Don't know if you want to crop your photo or anything, but someone can determine where you shop at and your PUR number JSYK. Also watch the photo URL.

#142 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Don't know if you want to crop your photo or anything, but someone can determine where you shop at and your PUR number JSYK. Also watch the photo URL.

I could actually go to the store and use his card if I wished and take his remaining balance... Just a heads up!

#143 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

So, does anyone know if Xenoblade is going to be terribly hard to find down the road? I'm about a third or a quarter of the way through it, but it has been shelved for months and with all the other stuff I have to play I doubt I'll play it very often until I have more time. I just don't want to trade it in for $20 ($30 with that SotW thing and a bit more with my extra 10%) if it's going to end up costing me full price down the line to pick it up again when I want to go back.

#144 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Sweet!!! Just got back from trading in 4 games (what I paid/after PUR credit):

Assassin's Creed - 10.xx/15.40
Red Dead Redemption GotY - 13.80/21.00
Alice Madness Returns - 10.27/26.10
Sly Collection - 12.xx/$26.10

Holy shit, talk about a good promo!! Sucks that that the 10% bonus is from the original price, but whatever.

I have another copy of RDR GotY that the guy said he wouldn't take because it might flag me (which I can believe since buy a lot of duplicates) and that I should take that to another store on a different day. So I'll do that one later...

Hopefully, these values stick. I can't imagine that they will though... this seems too good to be true.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#145 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

haha sht didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. haven't uploaded photos in awhile :(

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#146 rbanez

rbanez

I think i will trade-in AC3:L, DA:O and LBP:K for around 72$. What sucks is that I have only played all 3 games for a combined 4-5 hours. I wish i have beaten at least 1 of those games so i wont have to rebuy it. :)
EDIT: How long does it take to finish the AC3:L main story?

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#147 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

So, does anyone know if Xenoblade is going to be terribly hard to find down the road? I'm about a third or a quarter of the way through it, but it has been shelved for months and with all the other stuff I have to play I doubt I'll play it very often until I have more time. I just don't want to trade it in for $20 ($30 with that SotW thing and a bit more with my extra 10%) if it's going to end up costing me full price down the line to pick it up again when I want to go back.

GS is the only retailer to sell Xenoblade atm (Unless they do another run, which is unlikely). It's still $50 new/$45 used. Although GS still has new copies in-stock, they can always convert it to used if they don't sell out and if they do, the price is still probably going to stay absurdly high like Tales of Vesperia just because it's a niche title. Amazon/eBay copies are going for much higher than $50 because it's an exclusive and when GS stops selling new copies, I can only expect that to go up. I really don't see this title's price dropping at all.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#148 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I dont know what to do with my current copy of Sly that I got for $10 from BF. If I keep it I wont get to it for awhile with me playing 2k13, BO 2, and Sleeping Dogs. Fuck !!!!! Help a brother out fellow cags

#149 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Okay, so probably just AC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, (maybe 2K13), and SSBB for me then. Don't want to dump my Xenoblade or Rock Band 3 if they are both likely OOP and will become hard to find since I like both of those games. Thanks for the help!

#150 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Is the TIV of Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 $20? Cause all I see is the 360 version for $20 and I wanna get rid of my PS3 copy
Posted Image