Photo
- - - - -

GameStop massively increased trade in values of recent titles for Rewards members

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

#1501 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

If I were to hand them Forza first and then 3 other games, which aren't part of this increase, for the trade 3 get extra 10 deal they have going on right now would I get both promotions?

Yes, if the trade-in value for each of the other three games is at least $2.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1502 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Any good flips from gamestop to best buy? I'd love to take advantage of that 3ds sale at bby.

when bestbuy had the 100% promo goin there used to be a bunch of them. those flips got nuked though so there really isnt any at this time i can think off :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1503 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

If I were to hand them Forza first and then 3 other games, which aren't part of this increase, for the trade 3 get extra 10 deal they have going on right now would I get both promotions?

Yes, if the trade-in value for each of the other three games is at least $2.

Really...sort of wish I knew that when I traded in my Forza and Dance Central, oh well.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#1504 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Really...sort of wish I knew that when I traded in my Forza and Dance Central, oh well.

In case of potential misunderstanding, I should rephrase--you won't get the $10 added to any game from this list, but only to those games not part of the list with trade-in values of at least $2. It's one promotion or the other (except for the 10% PUR bonus, which always stacks).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1505 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Uhhhmmm... I just got turned down $15 for Assassin's Creed (PS3). TIV was $4 according to the computer. No matter what I argued... nothing.

#1506 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Uhhhmmm... I just got turned down $15 for Assassin's Creed (PS3). TIV was $4 according to the computer. No matter what I argued... nothing.

did they scan your PUR card?

#1507 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

In case of potential misunderstanding, I should rephrase--you won't get the $10 added to any game from this list, but only to those games not part of the list with trade-in values of at least $2. It's one promotion or the other (except for the 10% PUR bonus, which always stacks).

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Thanks.

I just wasn't sure if they would do 2 promotions, even if you weren't combining them, in the same trade-in.

#1508 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I don't have a physical card.

I always just give a phone number.

You're telling me that was the $%$@ing reason?
Gamestop is a joke....

#1509 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I don't have a physical card.

I always just give a phone number.

You're telling me that was the $%$@ing reason?
Gamestop is a joke....

Proabably , since they have to scan your card for the values to appear

#1510 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

#1511 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

They look up your account on the phone number. You don't need a physical card.

#1512 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Gamestop will feel my wrath

#1513 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

You don't need to scan the physical card to get the value. Phone # is fine. Value will change after they look up your info. It's page 77 and we still got question like this and if the free PUR would work. =/

#1514 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Couple of questions for anyone who knows.

1. Can you just walk in and sign up for RZ and do the trade at the same time?

2. A couple of games I got have never been opened (Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13) from the MS sale. Can I still trade them in used or should I open them before going to the store?

#1515 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

edit: nvm.

go in, trade in your sealed games, and ask them if u need to sign up for a reward zone acct.

then come back here and tell us how it went.

you are unworthy of the t-e-c-h.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1516 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

2. A couple of games I got have never been opened (Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13) from the MS sale. Can I still trade them in used or should I open them before going to the store?

1. Yes
2. Do you have your MS Store receipt/invoice? If not then no, if you do YMMV if they will take it or not. Easier just to open them prior to going to the store.

#1517 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

1. Yes
2. Do you have your MS Store receipt/invoice? If not then no, if you do YMMV if they will take it or not. Easier just to open them prior to going to the store.

1. Excellent.
2. The MS invoice shouldn't matter right? I just want to get the price listed on the OP, not try to get a full price "refund". The games don't have to come from Gamestop to trade in right? They don't need a receipt from where you bought it. I know some places won't buy a used game if it is actually new. Kind of weird but whatever.

#1518 gtkilla

gtkilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

This is kind of a random question, but I can't find a general GS thread so here goes. Does anyone know if you pre-order a game online from them and have it delivered, if it's gutted (opened greasy case with a "new" disc taken from a sleeve in their drawers) or brand new in shrink wrap?

#1519 smellhasreturned

smellhasreturned

Peyton Manning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Pleasantly surprised with Gamestop.

I haven't traded in anything since like, 2005?

Madden 13 - $35
Forza Horizon - $35
Blitz: The League 2 - $15

Thank you OP
Posted Image

#1520 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

This is kind of a random question, but I can't find a general GS thread so here goes. Does anyone know if you pre-order a game online from them and have it delivered, if it's gutted (opened greasy case with a "new" disc taken from a sleeve in their drawers) or brand new in shrink wrap?

It'll be sealed

#1521 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

1. Excellent.
2. The MS invoice shouldn't matter right? I just want to get the price listed on the OP, not try to get a full price "refund". The games don't have to come from Gamestop to trade in right? They don't need a receipt from where you bought it. I know some places won't buy a used game if it is actually new. Kind of weird but whatever.

Just open it up. It's easier and it doesn't hurt. If you have games with bonuses inside (free DLC, free "rewards" points, other goodies) you can take those for free as well.

#1522 gtkilla

gtkilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

It'll be sealed

Thanks! Now I won't feel as bad for pre-ordering something from them.

#1523 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

1. This isn't Best Buy

2. Your question doesn't make sense. If they aren't opened, they aren't used. Why would you try to trade a game in that hasn't been opened?

#1524 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Few questions....

Do they sell games at GameStop or stops for games.
Yes!
I'm so glad I decided to open that $15 LBP Karting I got from Target. I guess I'd like it if I were under 10.
Thank you?
Ok.
Buy this!!!!!!:http://www.gamestop....ng-wheel/105596

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1525 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Gamestop to sell Amazon kindle cards soon?

#1526 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Gamestop to sell Amazon kindle cards soon?

Yeah they're currently working on it.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1527 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

1. This isn't Best Buy

2. Your question doesn't make sense. If they aren't opened, they aren't used. Why would you try to trade a game in that hasn't been opened?

Their trade in value is more than what I paid for. I could return it to MS store and get $15 for Forza or get $35 credit from Gamestop.

#1528 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Their trade in value is more than what I paid for. I could return it to MS store and get $15 for Forza or get $35 credit from Gamestop.

Which, considering it's Gamestop, amounts to $15 anywhere else. :rofl:

#1529 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Oh man once they start selling Kindle cards.... I ain't ever gonna be buying anything at Gamestop ever again.

#1530 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Worked yesterday. Thanks!

Edit: The infamous collection that came in the sleeves worked as well, just ask them to put it in as infamous collection.

Edited by pixi, 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM.